Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

If you think that's bad, there was an awesome sports bar in Miami that had one of those arcade claw game machines.....and they filled it with water and put live lobsters in it. For $1 you got a chance to snag dinner. It was pretty funny....but even I'm not that heartless.

At least they didn't superglue metal plates on their backs for the magnetized crane game.

OK I know I'm basically a bleeding heart liberal at this point, but... I am really bothered by the lobster tanks in the grocery store. All stacked up, filthy water, claws banded together. How cruel and sickening.

Yes, I eat chicken.

The claws are banded together not only to prevent human handlers from getting their fingers pinched, but also to keep the lobsters from harming one another. So, that is maybe not as cruel as it appears. The dirty water part bothers me for two reasons: first, the lobsters are going to be dinner, so their last "home" should be clean. Second, someone is going to eat these things and if they are "breathing" dirty water, they will taste gross. :thumbdown:

OK I know I'm basically a bleeding heart liberal at this point, but... I am really bothered by the lobster tanks in the grocery store. All stacked up, filthy water, claws banded together. How cruel and sickening.

Yes, I eat chicken.

Chicken that was born free or the mega industrial hormone grown antibiotic laced stand in its own feces kind ?

Just remember, if you were on the bottom of the ocean, they wouldn't think twice about eating you.

Sure, but they wouldn't strap us on a Barcalounger, rubber-band our private parts so we can't pleasure ourselves and make us watch them buy bulk chocolate pretzels. They'd eat us.

I just bought some stuff at CVS that rang up at $2.83. I gave the cashier $5.08 and she refused to take the nickel. I told her a couple times that it would get me a quarter back, but she still refused. Then when she entered the $5.03 into the register, she saw the change and finally understood it.

And following up on our stereotypes conversation from yesterday, there was no way this woman shouldn't have been able to do the math.

Sure, but they wouldn't strap us on a Barcalounger, rubber-band our private parts so we can't pleasure ourselves and make us watch them buy bulk chocolate pretzels. They'd eat us.

You haven't lived if you haven't pleasured yourself while your private parts were rubber-banded.

I ate a Filet-o-Fish yesterday. It's a personal annual tradition. I do not feel well today, which is an annual consequence. When will I learn? At least if I had been drawn in by that song--you know the one--I would feel less a fool.

I am still dealing with blurry vision in my right eye from that little shingles fiasco last month. I see halos around light sources and both near and far vision is blurry.

I see the eye doctor agaain next week. At this point I am just hoping it is correctable because driving at night is a real bitch right now. I leave for work at 6am so I have at least another month of driving in the dark.

One of my co-workers announced yesterday that he's leaving for a new job. He's not even giving two full weeks' notice because his new company insisted that he start on the 21st. I like the guy - good worker, intelligent, knows our stuff, and is fun to talk to - but this is irritating.

The problem now is that he & I were the only two within our unit that knows what we're doing. The other three guys (while cool & fun to hang around with) aren't up to snuff. So this now leaves me doing ALL of the heavy work until a replacement comes.