Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I hate it when people play Devil's advocate all the time. It's one thing to disagree with someone's opinion or try to present a different point of view, but when you do it at every single flippin' conversation, you're just talking so that everyone knows you're speaking.

:worthy:

I can now (unfortunately) remedy my own prior complaint.

I have an experiment I've been putting off doing since Monday. This afternoon I finally get motivated and label everything, thaw the reagents I need, etc. etc. I have 44 samples to run, and after the 43rd sample the effing POS laptop we have connected to the instrument taking the measurements decided to turn off (the measurements export to Excel as they are taken). No recovery file, even though it's set to auto-save every 10 minutes and this took me at least 30 min. Thought I could at least manually write down the measurements from the instrument but it only displays the last 20 taken, so I have to re-run the other 24, which also means labeling more tubes and again thawing more reagents. This POS laptop from our department has not one, but THREE levels of secure logins because of concerns over patient data, except it's never used for anything except this one instrument that records nothing close to anything that resembles patient data. It doesn't even have an enter key since the button came off and no one replaced it! :censored: