Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Continued rise in cost of greeting cards. I don't know if any of these companies are traded publicly, but if they are, their stock should be going through the roof.

Anyone who is spending 4+ dollars for this crap should have their head examined. If I can't find one for 2.99 or less, I'm walking out empty handed.

2 points out of 8th place

ownership change

4 hockey games

trade deadline

These are some of the things I'm pissed off that I'll miss because I'm going on vacation.

Vacation! This better be a good one.

No spring break for me just work, which Sux!

No spring break for me just work, which Sux!

Ditto. My boss is going to be in Key West next week and it makes me want to go there (again) really bad. One of the pleasant thoughts that has gotten me through this ugly winter was remembering having Caribbean French Toast for breakfast sitting on the patio at the Westin hotel. Great view of the water, tropical breezes, laid back atmosphere. In other words, the exact opposite of my day so far. (Stale donut, rainy skies and dirty snowpiles).

Graduate School.

GET ME OUT OF HERE.

I hear ya on this one. It is mostly awesome. But sometimes the worst.

Trust the rest of us when we say, keep playing that school game for as long as you can.

I generally agree, but I worked then came back for grad school, and now it's just not a good situation. I'm probably going to leave with the Masters in August, but I feel like I'll probably want to come back for PhD again after a couple years. We shall see.

These are some of the things I'm pissed off that I'll miss because I'm going on vacation.

Vacation! This better be a good one.

Who has spring break in the middle of February? You must be on trimesters. That s**it's whack.

Continued rise in cost of greeting cards. I don't know if any of these companies are traded publicly, but if they are, their stock should be going through the roof.

Anyone who is spending 4+ dollars for this crap should have their head examined. If I can't find one for 2.99 or less, I'm walking out empty handed.

Amen. I was giving a couple ticket vouchers for the Lake Erie Monsters to a couple of my staff for all their help in covering for another staffer who was out on an unexpected medical leave, and wanted to put them in a little thank you card. Even at Wal-Mart the best I could do was $2 a card. Whatever happened to the "budget rack" or whatever they called it with the cards no more than $.99?

Amen. I was giving a couple ticket vouchers for the Lake Erie Monsters to a couple of my staff for all their help in covering for another staffer who was out on an unexpected medical leave, and wanted to put them in a little thank you card. Even at Wal-Mart the best I could do was $2 a card. Whatever happened to the "budget rack" or whatever they called it with the cards no more than $.99?

Dollar store.

#1: I can't get rid of this damn cough no matter what I do. It just keeps lingering...and lingering...

#2: I hate it when people print out a novel and don't pick it up off the printer.

#3: People who don't read directions for a change that I took a week and a half to come up with, tested for two days, then finally put into a production environment. Almost a year later, my colleague decided to do it how he thought it should have been done, then admitted to me that he didn't read my directions.

My dog's new bathroom habits. He used to sleep like a champ, and now he's started waking me up in the middle of the night to either get a drink or to go outside. Granted, I sincerely appreciate him waking me up to go out rather than peeing on the bed, but when I'm only getting 5-6 hours of sleep most nights anyhow, getting up 1-3 times is not cool. And going to the bathroom before I get home from work. I can't be mad at the little guy because I work ridiculously long hours right now and he's older so I don't expect him to hold it, but seriously -- did he HAVE to step in his own poop and track it all around the house? I get home late last night and had to shampoo the living room/dining room carpet, mop the kitchen floor, and clean the dried poop off his paws. Fun times.

My dog's new bathroom habits. He used to sleep like a champ, and now he's started waking me up in the middle of the night to either get a drink or to go outside. Granted, I sincerely appreciate him waking me up to go out rather than peeing on the bed, but when I'm only getting 5-6 hours of sleep most nights anyhow, getting up 1-3 times is not cool. And going to the bathroom before I get home from work. I can't be mad at the little guy because I work ridiculously long hours right now and he's older so I don't expect him to hold it, but seriously -- did he HAVE to step in his own poop and track it all around the house? I get home late last night and had to shampoo the living room/dining room carpet, mop the kitchen floor, and clean the dried poop off his paws. Fun times.

I want to complain about the speed reading course I took. I glossed over the first sentence and read the rest under the impression you were talking about your husband.