Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Shopping with my wife since 11am. This is awful. Just ###### awful. This is the reason I wear clothes from 2003. Anything new that I own was bought online. This is the reason children are always missing at the mall. They aren't lost, they ###### run away! No end in sight. I don't give a ###### if anyone is judging me for sitting on the floor. Put some chairs in here! No end in sight.

Holy crap, I can sympathize with you on this big time. I rarely allow my girlfriend to drag me shopping but I know how you're feeling. My only advice is to find the lawn and garden section (if whatever store you are in has one) and grab a folding lawn chair, carry it around with you, and sit in it whenever your wife hits a stopping point where you're forced to camp out in one spot for a while. Or you can always cry uncle and go wait in the car.

Shopping with my wife since 11am. This is awful. Just ###### awful. This is the reason I wear clothes from 2003. Anything new that I own was bought online. This is the reason children are always missing at the mall. They aren't lost, they ###### run away! No end in sight. I don't give a ###### if anyone is judging me for sitting on the floor. Put some chairs in here! No end in sight.

This is what it is like to go shopping with d4rk. 

I'm a fast shopper. My mother was as you describe, so in reaction, I'm an apologetic mess if I'm not done within like 20 minutes and d4rk is with me.

But if he dares to try on shoes... or really most things... we just don't shop together. I'd kill him. <3 

This is what it is like to go shopping with d4rk. 

I'm a fast shopper. My mother was as you describe, so in reaction, I'm an apologetic mess if I'm not done within like 20 minutes and d4rk is with me.

But if he dares to try on shoes... or really most things... we just don't shop together. I'd kill him. <3 

I like to feel confident about my choices! 

My wife quit her job today. I'm not mad, but I'm in shock. We don't need the money, but it means a couple less vacations per year. Quality of life woman!!! Well, I guess she can start going to the gym with me in the mornings.... I'm going to have to find a hobby.

I don't feel one bit bad for keeping her in the Baseball Hall of Fame for 5 hours this past summer. Not one damn bit.

I laughed..

My standard response to that is call a girlfriend,

I buy, she shops.  There is a gulf of a difference in those two methods.

Edited by wjag

Just found out another acquaintance from our paintball circle died. Young guy, son of a woman who we all like very much who has been involved in the big games we go to in PA was killed in a hit and run while riding his bike home from work at night. Nice guy. Really feeling for his mother, father and step father today. 2016 really needs to end.

I think it was shrader that started the tradition of setting up a complaint Wednesday thread so that there was no complaining on Thanksgiving.

So, in his absence and I really do miss him and hope that all is well.

Clients (long standing client with a small sideline venture) with an upcoming AGM and want me to look at their accounting records and prepare a report and NTR for said AGM.  Initial discussion happened in late October / very early November with the AGM scheduled for November 29th.

Today is November 23rd and they finally got the info to me.  One week to the AGM and they need the report and NTR by tomorrow afternoon.

Well, the customer is always right, so here I go.

Oh, chz, nfreeman, or SDS ... feel free to open the Thursday thread today and shove this over there.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Clients (long standing client with a small sideline venture) with an upcoming AGM and want me to look at their accounting records and prepare a report and NTR for said AGM.  Initial discussion happened in late October / very early November with the AGM scheduled for November 29th.

Today is November 23rd and they finally got the info to me.  One week to the AGM and they need the report and NTR by tomorrow afternoon.

Well, the customer is always right, so here I go.

I don't speak accounting.  I have no idea what you said except "clients blah blah blah clients blah blah blah."  I hope whatever it is goes well for you.

I speak a little, though I'm not fluent. NTR is something like Note to Readers or something? AGM is some sort of shareholder  end of year meeting? Simple translation: his client wants him to do a month of work in about a day.  From what I can tell from my wife and friends who are accountants this ###### happens way too often. "Oh yeah, I never got that to you did I...you can still get it done by Tuesday, right?" Then the accountants work for 30 hours straight because the client has put this off to the LAST possible moment and they have to get it done before X day or else the SEC or someone gets involved. Accountants deserve your respect/pity.

As long as we're getting into specific work issues: My company makes products (PCI boards)  that are often sold to other larger companies to be put inside their product (usually a server) or larger solution. These larger companies are called Original Equipment Manufacturers, or OEM's.

I can get more specific if thats confusing, but suffice to say before we enter an agreement with a company that they'll buy our product, we obviously have to make sure it works with them. These are called certifications, and I am going through one now. Usually the OEM sends us a list of things they want us to test and the equipment they want us to test them with, we do it, fix any issue we run into, then send them the results, and the agreement goes forward.

The current cert I'm working on should be done by now, except one of the OEM's engineers wants to actually SEE some of the stuff happen. Fine, no problem, I set up a remote desktop app so he can watch me run some tests. Except I made it a very basic testing setup because my full setup got torn down a MONTH ago when I FINISHED this testing. Now he keeps asking for more and more pieces to this very simple test he wants to run. I worked an extra hour last night, and we're going to get started again in about 10 minutes. I'm so ready to be done with this.

Side note, if anyone has a nice, easy way to remote into Linux from Windows, I'm all ears.

Edited by sabills

I feel like a broken record at this point, but I'm still under the weather and I feel like I haven't been 100% healthy for several months now. I got frustrated and went to the gym last night and just rode the bike for an hour to try to sweat it out and/or die. It seems I can breathe fine which means the pneumonia crap might finally be over, but now I'm stuck with what appears to be another cold/sinus thing. I just can't seem to get healthy, and I don't remember a time in my life where I've ever been like this. Starting to wonder if I need to see an ENT to see if there's something wrong with me that is making me so much more susceptible to getting sick. I spent my college years partying my face off and was healthy as a horse. We've been theorizing that all the hockey I was playing back then kept me healthy, so I'm going to try to shift my workouts back to exclusively cardio for a while to see if that helps get my immune system back. I'm very frustrated. 

That crazy double post by sabills above ...  :P

You got it right on there sabills.

Thanks, chz. 

You're the bestest mod around here ...  :flirt:

Haha, yeah, I think it was something with the thread being combined. I got an error when I went to post it, so I reposted it in here, and then it showed up twice  :doh:

I feel like a broken record at this point, but I'm still under the weather and I feel like I haven't been 100% healthy for several months now. I got frustrated and went to the gym last night and just rode the bike for an hour to try to sweat it out and/or die. It seems I can breathe fine which means the pneumonia crap might finally be over, but now I'm stuck with what appears to be another cold/sinus thing. I just can't seem to get healthy, and I don't remember a time in my life where I've ever been like this. Starting to wonder if I need to see an ENT to see if there's something wrong with me that is making me so much more susceptible to getting sick. I spent my college years partying my face off and was healthy as a horse. We've been theorizing that all the hockey I was playing back then kept me healthy, so I'm going to try to shift my workouts back to exclusively cardio for a while to see if that helps get my immune system back. I'm very frustrated. 

Yeah man, it seems like you've gotten sick for most of the winter the past couple years. 

ANGRY NS, REPORTING FOR DUTY!!

FRICKIN' MICROSOFT FORCED ME TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 ON SOME OF MY OFFICE COMPUTERS.  ONE OF WHICH I AM USING FOR THE PROJECT OUTLINED ABOVE.

I HAVE CANON AND BROTHER PRINTERS AT MY OFFICE AND NEITHER ARE PLANNING TO ISSUE PRINTER DRIVER UPDATES FOR WINDOWS 10.  THE WINDOWS 7 DRIVERS SHOULD WORK THEY SAY.  WELL NS SAYS THEY DO NOT WORK!!

I HAVE OUTSMARTED THEM ALL!!  OH, YEAH!!

ANGRY NS, OUT (for now).

Haha, yeah, I think it was something with the thread being combined. I got an error when I went to post it, so I reposted it in here, and then it showed up twice :doh:

Yeah man, it seems like you've gotten sick for most of the winter the past couple years.

Maybe it's because I work a desk job now?

ANGRY NS, REPORTING FOR DUTY!!

FRICKIN' MICROSOFT FORCED ME TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 ON SOME OF MY OFFICE COMPUTERS.  ONE OF WHICH I AM USING FOR THE PROJECT OUTLINED ABOVE.

I HAVE CANON AND BROTHER PRINTERS AT MY OFFICE AND NEITHER ARE PLANNING TO ISSUE PRINTER DRIVER UPDATES FOR WINDOWS 10.  THE WINDOWS 7 DRIVERS SHOULD WORK THEY SAY.  WELL NS SAYS THEY DO NOT WORK!!

I HAVE OUTSMARTED THEM ALL!!  OH, YEAH!!

ANGRY NS, OUT (for now).

...I am concerned about how you outsmarted them

Maybe it's because I work a desk job now?

I feel like I know a lot of people who don't play hockey and work desk jobs that aren't sick constantly. Myself, par exemple.

...I am concerned about how you outsmarted them

I feel like I know a lot of people who don't play hockey and work desk jobs that aren't sick constantly. Myself, par exemple.

I'm sure. I just wonder if I need to be getting more exercise. I was always healthy when I was working factory jobs.