Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

How many serious relationships has he had?

He's had a lot of girlfriends. But I would say this is the maybe the 2nd serious one. He's done a full 180 for this girl. She's very nice, honestly, but if you have to completely change yourself for someone, it's wrong IMO. But, it's his life. Still, it'd be nice to hang out with him. Haven't seen him without her since they've been dating. She even came on his bachelor party

Oof, sucker. Poor guy. Still, his fault though.

And that's the thing. He's like this with every girl, completely wiling to do whatever they want. But if he's happy, I'm happy. Still gonna bitch about it though :lol:

He's had a lot of girlfriends. But I would say this is the maybe the 2nd serious one. He's done a full 180 for this girl. She's very nice, honestly, but if you have to completely change yourself for someone, it's wrong IMO. But, it's his life. Still, it'd be nice to hang out with him. Haven't seen him without her since they've been dating. She even came on his bachelor party

And that's the thing. He's like this with every girl, completely wiling to do whatever they want. But if he's happy, I'm happy. Still gonna bitch about it though :lol:

So, in other words, he never had a bachelor party.

Oh man, that sounds awful. Sounds like a guy who can't stick up for himself in a relationship.

But hey, 50/50 shot it will be over soon.

Ok.  I couldn't wait any longer for the thread to open for this one.

Some guy dropped a deuce in the mens' room and walked out without washing his hands.

WHO DOES THIS?

More than you'd want to know.

It's best not to think about and just assume no one washes their hands ever and just act accordingly ... never eat with your hands etc.

Some guy dropped a deuce in the mens' room and walked out without washing his hands.

WHO DOES THIS?

That's what I've always liked about you. See a problem, fix the problem.

WHO DOES THIS?

I have a thought on this, but I'm inclined to avoid presenting it because it's probably not very PC. 

I have a thought on this, but I'm inclined to avoid presenting it because it's probably not very PC. 

Oh come on, you can't just leave it there.

Complaint: the deadline for this project I knew to be impossible (and suspected to be a set up failure to make me look worse) has proven itself to be... impossible. I raised alarm with plenty of time buuut... Yep, guys, it's impossible. 

But on the flip... it doesn't matter! They can't fire me! Bwahahahah

WHO DOES THIS?

I have a similar experience of a guy who brushes his teeth every afternoon after lunch in the bathroom sink. It would not normally be weird, but the way the bathroom is set up the sink and the urinal are a foot away from each other and its always off-putting when i'm pissing when he is toothbrushing a foot to my right.

Also, the odds of washing hands significantly increases when there are other people in the bathroom. If there's nobody there to see you be a slob, people tend to skip it.

Oh come on, you can't just leave it there.

Complaint: the deadline for this project I knew to be impossible (and suspected to be a set up failure to make me look worse) has proven itself to be... impossible. I raised alarm with plenty of time buuut... Yep, guys, it's impossible. 

But on the flip... it doesn't matter! They can't fire me! Bwahahahah

Actually getting fired now would be better. Instead of quitting, being fired would entitle you to collect unemployment!

Actually getting fired now would be better. Instead of quitting, being fired would entitle you to collect unemployment!

Yeahhh but my ego couldn't handle it. I'd hate to end 5+ years of hard work and a good record with a firing. 

It's the last week of classes and it's as if students have just checked their grades for the first time. I've gotten about 40 "what can I do about my grade" emails this week. Couple that with those saying it's unfair I took off X points for not following Y direction for the paper (never mind that the assignment literally says failure to comply will result in loss of 10 points) and I'm about ready to have "email technical issues" for awhile.

Oh, and I had an interview cancelled today because the school made an offer to one of the candidates that interviewed last week. Apparently I should have just cancelled class for two days so I could interview last week.

It's the last week of classes and it's as if students have just checked their grades for the first time. I've gotten about 40 "what can I do about my grade" emails this week. Couple that with those saying it's unfair I took off X points for not following Y direction for the paper (never mind that the assignment literally says failure to comply will result in loss of 10 points) and I'm about ready to have "email technical issues" for awhile.

Oh, and I had an interview cancelled today because the school made an offer to one of the candidates that interviewed last week. Apparently I should have just cancelled class for two days so I could interview last week.

Ahhhh state school students. 

I had my free club tickets to the Sabres Canes game here on 12/17 all secured....until I ran it by my wife this morning and she reminded me that it's the same night we are taking my in laws out for our annual Christmas dinner at the Angus barn.  So instead of an evening of hockey, food and beer (and pillaging)...all gratis, I'll instead be dropping 400 on overpriced steaks that I could cook better at home.  Fukc!!  Call me grinch.

WHO DOES THIS?

George Carlin. Even now, as a corpse. He had a bit about it way back when, about the pressure from society to wash your hands. He said he only washed his hands after going the bathroom if he on his hands, which was only two to three times a week. He had a good point. The only reason to wash your hands after going to the bathroom is because of all the OTHER stuff you've touched entering and using the restroom. Then you have to navigate the door on the way out without touching it, else all the hand hygiene in the world just went for naught. Think about it. Assuming you washed your Dockers Dragon that morning and put on clean underwear, your hands are much dirtier than your trouser snake. You should wash up BEFORE touching your Chad Johnson Rob, TBH.

George Carlin. Even now, as a corpse. He had a bit about it way back when, about the pressure from society to wash your hands. He said he only washed his hands after going the bathroom if he ###### on his hands, which was only two to three times a week. He had a good point. The only reason to wash your hands after going to the bathroom is because of all the OTHER stuff you've touched entering and using the restroom. Then you have to navigate the door on the way out without touching it, else all the hand hygiene in the world just went for naught. Think about it. Assuming you washed your Dockers Dragon that morning and put on clean underwear, your hands are much dirtier than your trouser snake. You should wash up BEFORE touching your Chad Johnson Rob, TBH.

Amen brother

Buffalo still with no Uber/Lyft. WTF?  My wife wants to go out and about on Saturday in Buffalo, so I guess I'll have to be DD.  When we go out in Raleigh or Durham for date nights now it's always Uber and for $40 we get round trip door to door service and don't have to worry about having a few drinks.

Buffalo still with no Uber/Lyft. WTF?  My wife wants to go out and about on Saturday in Buffalo, so I guess I'll have to be DD.  When we go out in Raleigh or Durham for date nights now it's always Uber and for $40 we get round trip door to door service and don't have to worry about having a few drinks.

Because the New York State Legislature sucks.

What, you don't like a wet, dirty cab driven by someone who hates their job? 

I was just going to post this. Sounds like the "Uber in Buffalo" movement is gaining a lot of traction in the last few months, and the voices for it are now much louder than the taxi companies argument against.

Coming soon (hopefully).

Ahaha I don't miss this part of teaching. The kids who just suddenly happen to show up to class with half the final project left... 

The amazing stories I'd get, the sob stories, the catastrophic technical failures that prevented them from getting work done, the actual clothes ripping off tantrum I saw.... and then the one creepy boy who would just hang around... and stare at me... after class... "Give me an extension" ... he'd just follow me around, glaring. Lotta stories about that kid.

One of the other students saw him sort of stalking me around and then the rest of the class would stay until I was ready to leave. Which was tough when I was on crutches.  Good kids. Even if some of their excuses were directly out a bad movie script...

One kid- "the campus popo came in and raided my dormroom to look for pot and the memory card my project was on disappeared they might have took it"... well, I wouldn't deny the first part, but hard to have too much sympathy after you've only turned in one project, and the rest were half done and late...