Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Really getting tired of getting yelled at and harrassed for doing my job.  This chick asks me to finish filling out some regulatory paperwork for getting the lab registered at the new university, and then jumps down my throat and tries to pull the "I'm the lab manager" card after I reach out to the person at the new location who has offered to help for clarification on something after looking up what I can here.  I'm seriously starting to think she has a Napoleon complex.  If you know how to fill it out, then do it your GD self and don't ask me to help and then get mad when I do.  Stop taking it out on me that you suck at your job.

Someone at my office screws up again, so I (sort of) call them out publicly because this is the second time it happened. By "sort of", I mean I spoke to a group about the screw-up by not mentioning names.

What happens?

I get ripped by how I communicated that something was screwed up, instead of the person who actually *did* screw up getting a talkin' to by management.

:wallbash:

Someone at my office screws up again, so I (sort of) call them out publicly because this is the second time it happened. By "sort of", I mean I spoke to a group about the screw-up by not mentioning names.

What happens?

I get ripped by how I communicated that something was screwed up, instead of the person who actually *did* screw up getting a talkin' to by management.

Ah yes, the Human Resources Era is alive and well. Gotta love the protecting of the sh!tty employees.

I can't divulge much but I'm in a bad spot. My head is filled with things I can't remove and it's making me insane. I know I'll get the standard "get help" or "see someone" response but I'm not there yet. It's something I need to work out but can't figure out how.

best of luck with it.  you'll find a way through it! 

What happens?

Ah yes.  i know exactly how that goes

I can't divulge much but I'm in a bad spot. My head is filled with things I can't remove and it's making me insane. I know I'll get the standard "get help" or "see someone" response but I'm not there yet. It's something I need to work out but can't figure out how.

Don't do anything rash or anything that can't be undone.  Find a big park and go for a run or take a long walk so you can sort out your thoughts.

And remember that things are never as bad as they seem.  There are a ton of great things in your life.

Don't do anything rash or anything that can't be undone. Find a big park and go for a run or take a long walk so you can sort out your thoughts.

And remember that things are never as bad as they seem. There are a ton of great things in your life.

Let me be clear. I'm not going to leave my boy with no dad. I just need to overcome something I have never been able to do.

Let me be clear. I'm not going to leave my boy with no dad. I just need to overcome something I have never been able to do.

Hobbies. Find yourself something you enjoy that is productive. Building something, working out, writing, etc. Something that has a tangible result and keeps you busy

Been there. It sucks. My circular thinking was pretty paralizing for a while and it seemed like it was never going to go away. It did.

It was during a really stressful time in my life. I made sure to note every time I was thinking that way, just to not pretend it wasn't happenning. I then removed everything in my life that gave me stress and pared down my datebook, a lot, to only the things I really valued. It took a while to not feel bad about blowing off people or things, but I realized it was more important for me to do that.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Best of luck to ink and bio and everyone else.

My complaint this week is the security office on campus. Not all of the officers of course, but this semester has been ridiculous. I brought my car to school Sunday night, the second weekend of the semester. I had filled out the online request for a permit, but they don't hand them out until business hours Mon-Fri. So I go to S+S and ask for an overnight visitors pass, as we are supposed to do if bringing a vehicle down mid-semester, and they said not to worry about it, and wouldn't give a pass. They said and did the same to a friend of mine. First thing Monday morning I go and get the permit, and boom, there's a ticket on my vehicle. There was not one action I could have taken to not get that ticket. Luckily they repealed it after my wordy appeal, but I'm hearing stories like this from everyone. 

The most recent incident involves my best friend. She's been parked in the student parking way out of the way, because she doesn't use her vehicle very much. While her parents were going over the bill, they found a charge for a parking violation, specifically not being parked in student parking. When she went out to her vehicle, there was no physical ticket ever written, so if they hadn't noticed it wouldn't have been discovered until after the 30 day appeal window...and when she went to go ask about it, she got thoroughly harassed and yelled at almost to the point of tears (my conspiracy is that they're pissed she noticed it, and intentionally didn't leave a paper ticket for that reason). They didn't believe her that there wasn't a ticket, and that she was in student parking. They told her to appeal it, and she had to come back again to get the ticket numbers and stuff since it doesn't exist outside of their computers, and they were even more mad to see her again. Just ridiculous. Almost as rude as the cable salesman that has monopolized this campus.

They better repeal her ticket.

Rain. Its been cloudy and rainy for almost a week now and a ###### ton more is heading our way in central NC over the next few days.

We needed it badly, but I do miss the sun.  I saw some strange blue stuff up in the sky briefly yesterday.  Any clue what that was?

I don't get Selena Gomez. Some of my younger co-workers were discussing "how hot she is", so I went and had a look, and I just can't get past the fact that her head is too small for her body. It's like someone put a toy doll's head on there instead of a real woman's head. Her songs are kinda catchy, and I get that she wants to be a sex symbol, but there's just something not quite right going on there. 

This story is my complaint.  I have read the new beer law in Georgia and it now the DOR in Georgia is changing it saying basically that Breweries can't charge variable pricing based off the different beer you want to take home. Yea great way to grow business and economy you #############.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/georgia-brewers-hopping-mad-after-state-changes-ne/nnrck/?ecmp=ajc_social_facebook_2014_sfp

"Story highlights:

• Earlier this year, the state Legislature passed Senate Bill 63, which allows craft brewers to sell facility tours and give away their product. It was an alternative way to allow brewers to sell their beer directly to customers, something those brewers had long sought.
  • But last week the state Revenue Department issued a “bulletin” saying while brewers can offer different levels of tours, the price differences cannot be based on the value of the beer.
  • Brewers say that conflicts with what the Revenue Department told them earlier this year, and based on the earlier communication, the head of the Georgia Craft Brewers Guild said, brewers have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars to build new tasting rooms, hire employees and market their new tours.
  • Brewers say the new guidelines will impair growth of the craft beer industry in the state."
Edited by LGR4GM

This story is my complaint.  I have read the new beer law in Georgia and it now the DOR in Georgia is changing it saying basically that Breweries can't charge variable pricing based off the different beer you want to take home. Yea great way to grow business and economy you #############.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/georgia-brewers-hopping-mad-after-state-changes-ne/nnrck/?ecmp=ajc_social_facebook_2014_sfp

"Story highlights:

• Earlier this year, the state Legislature passed Senate Bill 63, which allows craft brewers to sell facility tours and give away their product. It was an alternative way to allow brewers to sell their beer directly to customers, something those brewers had long sought.
  • But last week the state Revenue Department issued a “bulletin” saying while brewers can offer different levels of tours, the price differences cannot be based on the value of the beer.
  • Brewers say that conflicts with what the Revenue Department told them earlier this year, and based on the earlier communication, the head of the Georgia Craft Brewers Guild said, brewers have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars to build new tasting rooms, hire employees and market their new tours.
  • Brewers say the new guidelines will impair growth of the craft beer industry in the state."

I didn't read the article, but your quote makes it sound like the price thing is only about tours.  How much of their business is really going to come from that?  People going on tours typically are aware of the beer already, or at least that's my impression from the many I've gone on.  Their growth will wind up being based on how well they can network and get their stuff out into stores and bars.

I didn't read the article, but your quote makes it sound like the price thing is only about tours.  How much of their business is really going to come from that?  People going on tours typically are aware of the beer already, or at least that's my impression from the many I've gone on.  Their growth will wind up being based on how well they can network and get their stuff out into stores and bars.

The thing is that people want to take home beer from the tours and that is direct profit to the brewery. It is estimated that it could give the brewers a healthy profit for expansion which actually is what can help drive more beer into other markets. Creature Comforts right now can't maintain production demands but can make a higher profit percentage if they are having ppl take beer home. Also a lot ppl travel to other places to try beer and want to bring it back with them.  It opens a 2nd revenue stream that is currently closed.  I can buy wine at the store but I always get a bottle at least when I do a tour. Same principle.

In georgia you have to go Brewer - Distributor - Store because reasons. 

The thing is that people want to take home beer from the tours and that is direct profit to the brewery. It is estimated that it could give the brewers a healthy profit for expansion which actually is what can help drive more beer into other markets. Creature Comforts right now can't maintain production demands but can make a higher profit percentage if they are having ppl take beer home. Also a lot ppl travel to other places to try beer and want to bring it back with them.  It opens a 2nd revenue stream that is currently closed.  I can buy wine at the store but I always get a bottle at least when I do a tour. Same principle.

In georgia you have to go Brewer - Distributor - Store because reasons. 

Ok, so you can't buy directly from them.  Now it makes sense.  It does seem like it would be easy to get around though.  They can't price based on the value of the beer?  Ok, at this tier, you get a fancy brewery sticker.  At the higher priced level, we give you the sticker and also this fancy t-shirt.

Ok, so you can't buy directly from them.  Now it makes sense.  It does seem like it would be easy to get around though.  They can't price based on the value of the beer?  Ok, at this tier, you get a fancy brewery sticker.  At the higher priced level, we give you the sticker and also this fancy t-shirt.

Yea I was thinking that they could just assign a different style tasting glass to the beer and charge a different price for that. It is just ridiculous you can't go on a tour and buy a 6 pack to take home.  The beer distributor lobby in GA is out of control.

The radiation treatment is starting to catch up to my dad.  He's being a trooper, but he's tired and it's hard for him to want to eat when the inside of his mouth feels like it's got 2nd degree burns.  He keeps waking up to cracked and bleeding lips, too.  He's trying to convince me to let him stay over this weekend and help me pack up the house, but I really don't think it's a good idea because he needs to rest.  14 treatments to go...