Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Toyota ain't what it used to be. It's sad really.

I totaled my wife's 2005 Corolla Saturday.  Spent Monday and Tuesday car shopping.  My wife wanted another Corolla; having researched it a bit I'm glad we didn't.  Of course, my guilt over ruining her beloved car (the first new one she ever bought, becasue of course it was) led me to agree to let her pick out a brand new Honda H-RV.  After not having had a car payment in forever, let me just say: F************************************k.  Complaint over.

But seriously, what has happened to Toyota?

Oof, Jo.

Freaking Terminix.  When my inspector drew up the paperwork a month ago it was for $2460 financed after an $8 deposit and a $500 discount.  I gave them a check for $8 at the time of treatment and it has been cashed, and received confirmation of the $2460 being financed.  Couple weeks after I received an invoice in the mail saying I owed them $500 due 5/25.  Called the inspector and told him there's been a billing error, he agreed that wasn't right and said he'd called the billing person and have it fixed.  The billing guy only today left a voicemail, and he's saying there was an error and they were supposed to collect $508 as the deposit and I owe the invoice.  The inspector clearly made some kind of mistake when setting up the original invoice and didn't clearly explain the issue to the billing guy to have it fixed.  I'm going to be furious if this shows up on my credit report as past due after contacting them repeatedly to have it fixed.

Women drivers. :rolleyes: ;)  (the wink is for you bio, josie, and chz)

I'm also resisting the urge to make the rear ending joke, but I assume inky will take care of that one for me.

haha no worries. My crumple zone is stronger than that. 

Oof, Jo.

Freaking Terminix.  When my inspector drew up the paperwork a month ago it was for $2460 financed after an $8 deposit and a $500 discount.  I gave them a check for $8 at the time of treatment and it has been cashed, and received confirmation of the $2460 being financed.  Couple weeks after I received an invoice in the mail saying I owed them $500 due 5/25.  Called the inspector and told him there's been a billing error, he agreed that wasn't right and said he'd called the billing person and have it fixed.  The billing guy only today left a voicemail, and he's saying there was an error and they were supposed to collect $508 as the deposit and I owe the invoice.  The inspector clearly made some kind of mistake when setting up the original invoice and didn't clearly explain the issue to the billing guy to have it fixed.  I'm going to be furious if this shows up on my credit report as past due after contacting them repeatedly to have it fixed.

Send bugs to their office.

Millions of bugs. Might be expensive, but sometimes revenge is worth it? 

http://www.carolina.com/living-organisms/insects/10568.ct

haha no worries. My crumple zone is stronger than that. 

Send bugs to their office.

Millions of bugs. Might be expensive, but sometimes revenge is worth it? 

http://www.carolina.com/living-organisms/insects/10568.ct

Eeew, lol.  Still like the glitter idea, though.  ;)

Edited by biodork

The contracts would probably be a great thing for you!  Definitely should get some made up.  

Best of luck!

I recall we had mentioned this to Josie a few weeks back. Getting the expectations and structure of your engagement ahead of time might save you a lot of headaches later on.

D4rk - help a girl out... ;)

I totaled my wife's 2005 Corolla Saturday.  Spent Monday and Tuesday car shopping.  My wife wanted another Corolla; having researched it a bit I'm glad we didn't.  Of course, my guilt over ruining her beloved car (the first new one she ever bought, becasue of course it was) led me to agree to let her pick out a brand new Honda H-RV.  After not having had a car payment in forever, let me just say: F************************************k.  Complaint over.

But seriously, what has happened to Toyota?

Nothing, my Toyota Auris is 7 years old and still doing fine :p

The joys of home owning?  BS!  They truly are a money pit.  :lol:

I love owning my home. 

Then again I also knew I was going to drop serious coin on it since I bought the worst house on the block. Maybe my perspective would be different if I thought I was buying a finished product at close.

The joys of home owning?  BS!  They truly are a money pit.  :lol:

That reminds me: after getting into the accident on Saturday, I got home and went to an underground club called "Spin Cycle". It's a kind of hipster place where you drink and fix a washing machine. At least the beer was good.

post-1315-0-90773400-1433437911_thumb.jpg

Nothing, my Toyota Auris is 7 years old and still doing fine :P

Hey, the Corolla I destroyed went strong for 11 until I ill-advisedly made it stop forever.  From what I've been able to read and observe, I have no confidence that remains true. 

In the last few weeks, my department has been destroyed by personnel losses (all left the company on their own accord).  It has made my job 100x harder  :(

I get that, I seen alot of good people leave last two years at mine, stuck with to many idiots right now.

And the few that do know their job, get screwed because they can't get the days off from work they want.  Seeing we work in shifts we can often pick a couple of days home and plan our vacation in advance.

But the few good colleagues i got get screwed because " there always has to be one of them on the job".   I get screwed because they make me do 15 + nigthshifts a month when i only want to do around 10 nights. 

Edited by Heimdall

I get that, I seen alot of good people leave last two years at mine, stuck with to many idiots right now.

And the few that do know their job, get screwed because they can't get the days off from work they want.  Seeing we work in shifts we can often pick a couple of days home and plan our vacation in advance.

But the few good colleagues i got get screwed because " there always has to be one of them on the job".   I get screwed because they make me do 15 + nigthshifts a month when i only want to do around 10 nights. 

My fiance does nightshifts (at the local hospital) now, and I'm so glad I don't.  I just could not deal with what it does to her sleep schedule etc.

I recall we had mentioned this to Josie a few weeks back. Getting the expectations and structure of your engagement ahead of time might save you a lot of headaches later on.

D4rk - help a girl out... ;)

haha I have a contract I've used for big clients already written up. And it's too late for this particular mess. I just had too much faith in humanity this round. Figured it would be a really quick, fairly informal turnaround.

Every freelancer gets at least one bad apple. Considering it a painful lesson learned. 

Never assume someone is going to be professional. 

Weave, just picture being married to a teacher at a private school. I get to regularly listen to the wife's complaints about 5 or 6 different wannabe bully parents over the course of a year. I know I'd never last in that world because by week 3 I would be telling someone to F off.

See, most days my job is an up a dawn, pride swallowing seige, that I will never fully tell you about! However, ever so rarely, I get a day and a customer that I get to unload on. And then I get to have security drag them out. If I'm real lucky I can have the state police arrest them. And that is why I don't have therapy bills. All is well on those nights. It's like a huge release from the rest of the month.

Everything in those totalitarian sci-fi movies of the past is becoming true. This drone business is going to be a real problem very soon. We already have the FBI flying Cessnas over US cities. It won't be long before your friendly neighborhood G-man, posing as a wedding photographer, is making sure nobody is committing thought crimes with a really nice drone, armed with a camera and recorder, that you can already get for only $800.

Everything in those totalitarian sci-fi movies of the past is becoming true. This drone business is going to be a real problem very soon. We already have the FBI flying Cessnas over US cities. It won't be long before your friendly neighborhood G-man, posing as a wedding photographer, is making sure nobody is committing thought crimes with a really nice drone, armed with a camera and recorder, that you can already get for only $800.

Thought crime is already self reported through Facebook. So is location and who else you're with.

Facebook is Skynet and Skynet has become self aware.

Thought crime is already self reported through Facebook. So is location and who else you're with.

Facebook is Skynet and Skynet has become self aware.

Thank you for that.

Never thought of it that way.

Well, I think you just dropped a turd in my Thursday punch bowl.

Please post in the Friday thread a post of equal positive value so I can begin the weekend on a happy note.....no pressure.

Edited by Woods-Racer

Thank you for that.

Never thought of it that way.

Well, I think you just dropped a turd in my Thursday punch bowl.

Please post in the Friday thread a post of equal positive value so I can begin the weekend on a happy note.....no pressure.

Sorry, I'm what you call a pessimist. That's means I'm bad at partys.

I have one hundred things I could discuss here but I'll just leave it at one. I'm not happy... At all... Ever. I'm not sure how to be happy anymore.

I'll be straight with you man. You need to go talk to someone who isn't us. If it's really a problem for you I think you'd be amazed what seeing a shrink can do. A good friend of mine who has struggled all his life with depression issues FINALLY went and saw someone about it, and they helped him immensely. 

I never thought he'd have the courage to do it, but he did. I don't know if you've ever been to someone about it before, but if you haven't, don't be afraid of it.