Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I am a spoiled brat. Some heavy stuff today.

I hope you can relax soon, Bio and Josie. Your complaints remind me of my mom, who also never stops. Works a tough job, volunteers, and supervises my gramma's care.

Dennis, really sorry about your friend. I'm sure your co-workers will understand. Good on you for helping his parents through it. That's tough.

d0rk, get your melon looked at! Feel better.

shrader, good luck.

My mother in law starts her second cancer battle in 3 years with chemo today.

###### cancer.

Definitely ###### cancer. My first wedding anniversary is supposed to be in ten days. It's just about all I can think about lately. I hope you, your wife, and your M-I-L are hanging in there.

My mother in law starts her second cancer battle in 3 years with chemo today.

###### cancer.

Definitely ###### cancer. My first wedding anniversary is supposed to be in ten days. It's just about all I can think about lately. I hope you, your wife, and your M-I-L are hanging in there.

:cry: My thoughts and prayers are with you both. GCoE, I hope your MIL remembers she kicked cancer's a$$ once already, and she can do it again.

So my soon-to-be ex-wife takes everything in my night stand (two dressers, two night stands, one for each of us) and gets rid of it, replacing it with her stuff. Items I've had for 10 or 20 years are now gone. My clock radio - gone. My lamp - gone. Her argument was something along the lines of "I needed more space for my stuff" and "I didn't see you using these things." Am I wrong to be livid? :angry:

So my soon-to-be ex-wife takes everything in my night stand (two dressers, two night stands, one for each of us) and gets rid of it, replacing it with her stuff. Items I've had for 10 or 20 years are now gone. My clock radio - gone. My lamp - gone. Her argument was something along the lines of "I needed more space for my stuff" and "I didn't see you using these things." Am I wrong to be livid? :angry:

Livid? Sure. Surprised? ....

That being said, when my wife and I got married I appointed her CDO (Chief Decorating Officer) so she makes the decisions. It was just easier that way and after we both got used to it, results in a lot less arguing. That being said, she wouldn't trash my stuff without discussion, it'd just end up in the basement and it could be reintegrated if I had an issue with something.

Not at all; your wife sounds like an a$$hole!

My wife is really down in the dumps about Christmas this year thanks to what happened last year. I love this time of year but I have to hold back on it. We want to start building up our own holiday traditions but that's kind of tough given how our first season as a married couple is one we want to forget.

My wife is really down in the dumps about Christmas this year thanks to what happened last year. I love this time of year but I have to hold back on it. We want to start building up our own holiday traditions but that's kind of tough given how our first season as a married couple is one we want to forget.

She might be able to try to look at it differently, which is what I'm doing. Last year at Christmas: No wedding, we know she's terminal and has days left, she's not at home anymore, she's not coherent in any way, I'm miserable and crying myself to sleep most nights. This year: I will miss her, but I will be nowhere near the abyss that I was in last year. But everyone deals with loss differently.

What f'd up world do I live in where Bill Cosby is a serial rapist? I mean Fat Albert, The Cos, a serial rapist? The accusations are really mounting now.

I think it's something like 19 different women at this point. Cosby being convicted of this would pretty much shatter any public image I could hold of someone. I'm not sure there's anyone in our culture you can compare to Cosby

She might be able to try to look at it differently, which is what I'm doing. Last year at Christmas: No wedding, we know she's terminal and has days left, she's not at home anymore, she's not coherent in any way, I'm miserable and crying myself to sleep most nights. This year: I will miss her, but I will be nowhere near the abyss that I was in last year. But everyone deals with loss differently.

hugs.

We are going to be up in New England for 2 weeks, which is really going to make it stressful. My mother-in-law thinks that everyone needs to grieve over things the same exact way she does and she'll try to force it on us. A 30 year old losing their father is not going to have the same response as someone who loses their husband of 40 years. The circumstances are different and the people are different. When someone tells you that you do not cry enough about this, it only leads to conflict. It's that added layer that really causes the trouble (and probably the cause of the small patch of gray hair I found this week).

We are going to be up in New England for 2 weeks, which is really going to make it stressful. My mother-in-law thinks that everyone needs to grieve over things the same exact way she does and she'll try to force it on us. A 30 year old losing their father is not going to have the same response as someone who loses their husband of 40 years. The circumstances are different and the people are different. When someone tells you that you do not cry enough about this, it only leads to conflict. It's that added layer that really causes the trouble (and probably the cause of the small patch of gray hair I found this week).

That's going to be the problem, right there.

Was gonna go for a bike ride today, but it's only gonna get up to 67.... and all this cold weather lowered the tire pressure in my Benz so the low pressure warning light won't go off... *sigh*

Edited by pi2000

Was gonna go for a bike ride today, but it's only gonna get up to 67.... and all this cold weather lowered the tire pressure in my Benz so the low pressure warning light won't go off... *sigh*

Very funny. Jerk. Although I do have that tire pressure warning light situation. (Not a Benz, though.)

Very funny. Jerk. Although I do have that tire pressure warning light situation. (Not a Benz, though.)

The batteries do go dead in the sensors. If you're sure the pressure is right, you might mention it next time you put tires on so they can change the battery. Or just keep an eye on it the old fashioned way and tape over the light. My winter tires don't have sensors, so the light stays on for 4-5 months per year. I thought it would bother me more than it does, but I learned to ignore it pretty quickly.

Complaint: wife and kid are in Buffalo (safely ensconced at her parents house in South Wales). My complaint is I don't know if I'll be able to get up there tomorrow night or Saturday morning like planned. I know the first 300 miles will be easy, it's just the last 20 that might suck. Like all the natives here, I'm a reasonably accomplished snow-driver but there's nothing I can do in 3 ft of the crap.