Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Check your local trough.

If it wasn't for the fact that she is the one bringing these guys back to her place I would suggest that these guys may be engaging in a hogging competition. I knew a group of guys back in college that lived together who had a two month competition for $1000. The pot went to whoever banged the most weight during that time frame. I witnessed some rather large and often times much older women come through that house. :sick:

Background first: My girlfriend's roommate spent the entire month of November at a fat camp (I had no idea those actually exist). Then on New Years she dropped the "I'm joining AA" bomb. She would go out to bars pretty much every night and come back with some different random guy each time. Then she'd eat every bit of food in the apartment, most of which wasn't even hers. She's unemployed and daddy pays every last bill for her. So yeah, this girl is a complete trainwreck. I've never actually seen any of these people she brings back, but I have a very hard time imagining what type of person would actually show any interest, even for a one night stand.

But anyway, last night at around 2:30 am, she stumbles in with someone. We were both passed out, but once every light was turned on and the loud talking commenced, sleep wasn't really an option. After a while I was finally just about asleep again, but then the bedroom door opens. For god knows what reason, this jackass walked into the room even though it was very clear which room was the roommates. If I had been a bit more awake, that guy would have found himself out on the sidewalk with a bashed in face.

So yeah, glad to see that AA and the fat camp really made a lasting impact (table was littered with food this morning and the box of sponge candy I brought back for my girlfriend was 75% empty). I still can't get past that idiot walking into the room though. We're talking about some random guy picked up at a bar. What happens if I'm not there? The door doesn't have a lock so that's not an option. There's going to have to be a serious discussion on this one because this garbage can't happen anymore.

He's actually a jeweler. He was just looking to measure her for the ring.

If it wasn't for the fact that she is the one bringing these guys back to her place I would suggest that these guys may be engaging in a hogging competition. I knew a group of guys back in college that lived together who had a two month competition for $1000. The pot went to whoever banged the most weight during that time frame. I witnessed some rather large and often times much older women come through that house. :sick:

That's rather gross. Not gonna lie.

Oh my...

Make no mistake, it was very gross. Towards the end some of them stopped going to college hang outs and went to 40- something bars to increase their chances of a "big" score to make up ground.

The first time me and my friends went out after I got back from Iraq I promised them that I would pay the amount of weight the girl that they took home was if she was over 190... none of them would do it though :(

HAHA! There are no words. I'm glad my friends and I did not make wagers like this

Sounds like you went to Geneseo....

Dare I ask how the measuring was done?

Sounds like you went to Geneseo....

UB actually although I had friends that went to Geneseo who I visited a few times. I didn't notice an abnormally large proportion of overweight girls when I was there though.

Dare I ask how the measuring was done?

They all had to step on a scale before they entered the house of course. :w00t:

Actually there were five guys in the contest and then there was myself and two other guys who were allowed to be impartial judges. If one of the contestants had a potential candidate, either two other contestants or outside judges had to be present and they gave an impartial weight estimate. That way the contestant would know beforehand what they would get credit for and could make an informed decision whether or not to proceed. So there was always the risk of collusion, but there was a bit of a Seinfeld like honor system involved here. My recollection though was that it wasn't that close in the end and the winner won by at least a few hundred pounds. Ahh youth..I'm sure my wife would be thrilled to know that I was even peripherally involved in a contest like this. lol

My complaint: mucus.

Had a cold over Christmas week. No flu, I got the shot, just plugged up sinuses. Now the nose is geting better but it's all landed in my lungs.

I'm coughing like there's no tomorrow. Getting headaches from coughing so much.

Someone tell it to stop!

When getting ready for bed, try rubbing Vaporub on your feet and the putting on white cotton socks. Sounds weird, but I guarantee you'll feel better the next morning. I do not know why it works, but it does :)

My complaint: mucus.

Had a cold over Christmas week. No flu, I got the shot, just plugged up sinuses. Now the nose is geting better but it's all landed in my lungs.

I'm coughing like there's no tomorrow. Getting headaches from coughing so much.

Someone tell it to stop!

I'm just getting over something similar. It lasted a good two weeks and I spent 10 minutes every morning coughing up some nasty stuff. My wife the NP was sure I had walking pneumonia, but she could never hear it in my lungs. It was probably something viral and with that I usually prescribe myself heavy doses of high gravity beer.

I've been fighting something similar for over a month. It's definitely in the last stages but the cough is still there and still annoying as hell.

When getting ready for bed, try rubbing Vaporub on your feet and the putting on white cotton socks. Sounds weird, but I guarantee you'll feel better the next morning. I do not know why it works, but it does :)

One of the volunteers at my work said the same thing. I just can't do it. I can see it working for a cough or congestion due to a cold but I don't see it for a viral bronchitis-type illness.

Work:

We have our monthly company-wide meeting tomorrow. While I normally hate this, because it usually turns into "you guys are not doing a good enough job and the numbers better improve or else" bitch-fest, I have two complaints about this one: 1), it was moved up a week from the normal Friday it falls on - but they haven't communicated that with everyone, and 2) it pulls us out of our branches during our busiest and mot critical month of the year.

We also did not get our normal budgetary goals - we usually get a new, termination, and net goal for each month, plus financials. We've only been given the financials and net, but that didn't stop them from sending out an email telling everyone that they are off pace for their new month-to-date pace.

Also - we are short-staffed right now and in the process of hiring some part-time help. But with a new office opening in a few months, just a few miles down the road, our bosses want to regionalize some of the PT staff. Good idea in theory. But that means that for me to interview someone I have four other people who want to be in the interviews and decision-making process. Again, understandable. The problem comes in trying to coordinate four schedules to do one part-time applicant interview. It takes forever. Then they are asking me why it's taking so long to hire someone. Really?

Edited by Bmwolf21

Nova Scotia

:huh:

Go on...

My complaint: student loans, and how information is communicated to us borrowers. i.e. I had a payment bounce on accident because of a miscommunication between my bank and I regarding the change in account numbering. That was November. After fixing everything and setting up a manual payment, and another bouncing because of a reason that wasn't well explained to me (hence the complaint), it finally got paid around December 15th - 20th (second bounced payment was DEC 7).

Then I had to make my December payment on Dec 28th. Fine. Payment went thru, apparently. Get an email today from the lender saying that one of my payments bounced. Now there are three possibilities over the last month+, but the email doesn't say which. I call them up and they are dumbfounded. It took me being on the phone for a half hour to finally get a second manager to confirm that the letter is from the bounced payment on the 7th. 1 FULL month later, I get a letter that the payment bounced. That seem effective to anyone else? :wallbash:

Otherwise, I've lowered my expectations in life, and now have less complaints because I'm just having fun now a days :D

Crappy appliances that aren't made to last. Specifically:

1) On Christmas Day (I know, a little late), I came home to find the meal I'd started in the slow cooker the night before hadn't finished cooking and was quite cold, despite the fact that it was programmed to cook for 12 hours on low and then hold on a warm setting for up to 14 hours (I was only gone for about 18 hours). Had to throw everything out and come up with a replacement meal of leftovers before my dad and stepmom came over.

2) On Monday night my refrigerator/freezer was on the fritz, with everything in the freezer being partially thawed and the fridge being a bit warmer than usual. I scheduled a service call with the manufacturer, but the earliest they could come out would be tomorrow (Friday) morning. When I woke up Tuesday morning, the freezer was completely thawed and not running, and the fridge was close to room temp. I had to throw away about $40 worth of dairy products I'd just purchased the week prior, and I went ahead and found a local appliance tech who would come out that morning. The problem? A bad system, something to do with the frost/defrost cycle where the unit never completes its cycle and every so often gets blocked and kicks off. Too expensive to bother fixing at $300-500, so I had to get a replacement ASAP. The worst part? This is the second time this has happened to the fridge/freezer (it's only about 4 years old, and last time it resolved itself in a day or so), and the first time it would have been covered by warranty if the POS service tech from GE had bothered to look hard enough and not just tell me the door wasn't sealing properly and I needed to keep more food in my freezer. :wallbash:

Oh yeah, and another one (non appliance related): my employer apparently just "didn't download" a few employees when they renewed our insurance for the year, so right now it's saying I'm not covered and I can't pick up a prescription refill. Thank goodness I didn't wait until I ACTUALLY need the refill, but still... this is some bullsh!t.

And the Sabres are downright unwatchable.

That is all.

• Like (+1) 1

Crappy appliances that aren't made to last. Specifically:

1) On Christmas Day (I know, a little late), I came home to find the meal I'd started in the slow cooker the night before hadn't finished cooking and was quite cold, despite the fact that it was programmed to cook for 12 hours on low and then hold on a warm setting for up to 14 hours (I was only gone for about 18 hours). Had to throw everything out and come up with a replacement meal of leftovers before my dad and stepmom came over.

2) On Monday night my refrigerator/freezer was on the fritz, with everything in the freezer being partially thawed and the fridge being a bit warmer than usual. I scheduled a service call with the manufacturer, but the earliest they could come out would be tomorrow (Friday) morning. When I woke up Tuesday morning, the freezer was completely thawed and not running, and the fridge was close to room temp. I had to throw away about $40 worth of dairy products I'd just purchased the week prior, and I went ahead and found a local appliance tech who would come out that morning. The problem? A bad system, something to do with the frost/defrost cycle where the unit never completes its cycle and every so often gets blocked and kicks off. Too expensive to bother fixing at $300-500, so I had to get a replacement ASAP. The worst part? This is the second time this has happened to the fridge/freezer (it's only about 4 years old, and last time it resolved itself in a day or so), and the first time it would have been covered by warranty if the POS service tech from GE had bothered to look hard enough and not just tell me the door wasn't sealing properly and I needed to keep more food in my freezer. :wallbash:

Oh yeah, and another one (non appliance related): my employer apparently just "didn't download" a few employees when they renewed our insurance for the year, so right now it's saying I'm not covered and I can't pick up a prescription refill. Thank goodness I didn't wait until I ACTUALLY need the refill, but still... this is some bullsh!t.

And the Sabres are downright unwatchable.

That is all.

1) I see I'm not the only one that has appliance/electronics issues.

2) what make and model fridge, just out of curiousity.

3) regarding the Sabres, yes, they really are... :(

This isn't a complaint so much as an antecdotal story about my daughter and her excellent sense of timing

Yesterday afternoon, I left work to go home and swap vehicles with my wife so I could take the van to Home Depot. We want to put in some new baseboards in our upstairs bedroom before moving back into it (after the leaky ceiling debacle at the end of November), so I was going to pick up a contractor pack. My wife also was supposed to take our daughters to dance class.

Half way to HD, my wife calls and says that my 6 year old is complaining of a sore tummy. I told her I would meet her in the grocery store parking lot (since they had already left too), and pick up my daughter.

After picking her up, I asked her, "Honey, how do you feel? Are you okay?" Her response? "Yah! I get to spend time with my daddy!" Always heart-warming. Anyway, based upon that, I decide to try HD for the baseboards.

As I'm holding the baseboards in hand, my daughter says, "Daddy, I don't feel well. Can we go home?"

"Honey, we're going home right now. Let's get a cart and wheel these to the register so we can pay."

"Okay, daddy."

Got the cart, loaded 120 linear feet of baseboards on the cart, got to the register, paid, and got out to the van.

"Honey, go get in your seat. I'll load these in and we'll go."

"But daddy, I don't feel well!!"

"I know, sweetie. We're going home RIGHT now!!"

"But daddy ..."

"Please just get in your car seat! We're almost ready to go!"

She got in her car seat, crying the whole time about not being home ... and then she threw up.

All over the new baseboards.

Not just a little. We're talking Damian-style throw-up. It just didn't stop. I was able to help get her out of the van for most of the rest, and thankfully, we had a roll of paper towels in the van, so I mopped up her hair, face and clothes as best I could, then wiped down the boards some, then raced home.

When we got home, she threw up a little more, crawled into bed, and passed out just after 6 pm.

If I have any complaint out of all of that, it's that my poor kid is sick. I *hate* watching my kids suffer and not be themselves, especially when they're puking cuz I know they're just miserable as hell. I don't like the fact that my not-even-out-of-the-parking-lot floorboards may very well be ruined (though I highly dobut it), but really, they only cost $60. I can replace those. I can't replace the time that my daughter is sick. She can't play. She can barely sit up to draw or color like she loves to do. She can't do much of anything other than just lie around and be sick. That hurts more than anything.

1) I see I'm not the only one that has appliance/electronics issues.

2) what make and model fridge, just out of curiousity.

3) regarding the Sabres, yes, they really are... :(

I don't recall the specific model #, but it was a GE Hotpoint 21 cu ft top freezer. My mom had all GE appliances in her last house (the expensive ones, stainless steel) and had problems with hers as well. I always thought GE was a good brand, but I don't think I'll be buying from them in the future. According to the service techs who were here on Tuesday, Maytag is really the way to go.

If I have any complaint out of all of that, it's that my poor kid is sick. I *hate* watching my kids suffer and not be themselves, especially when they're puking cuz I know they're just miserable as hell. I don't like the fact that my not-even-out-of-the-parking-lot floorboards may very well be ruined (though I highly dobut it), but really, they only cost $60. I can replace those. I can't replace the time that my daughter is sick. She can't play. She can barely sit up to draw or color like she loves to do. She can't do much of anything other than just lie around and be sick. That hurts more than anything.

Poor kid (and poor van)! :(

Edited by biodork