Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Luckily, when you decided to drive naked, no one could actually see you way up there in that truck.

You perv! j/k :nana:

Actually, I try to cover every part of me. Yes, I still wear t-shirts, but I prefer long-sleeved. As fair-skinned as I am, I don't need melanoma or any other skin-related diseases due to overexposure from the sun.

My link

You perv! j/k :nana:

Actually, I try to cover every part of me. Yes, I still wear t-shirts, but I prefer long-sleeved. As fair-skinned as I am, I don't need melanoma or any other skin-related diseases due to overexposure from the sun.

My wife doesnt like the sun either,, during the summer I call her "Powder" from the movie of the same name. You should read this report though.

Not a complaint, but I didn't think it was worth the trouble to start a whole new thread over this: I have an over-the-phone interview tomorrow morning with my company's HR department over an internal app I submitted a few weeks ago. This is for an office management position. If I get it, my days of being an over the road trucker may be over. This would be a good thing, because I should be able to be home on a daily basis and no longer be away from my wife.

Not a complaint, but I didn't think it was worth the trouble to start a whole new thread over this: I have an over-the-phone interview tomorrow morning with my company's HR department over an internal app I submitted a few weeks ago. This is for an office management position. If I get it, my days of being an over the road trucker may be over. This would be a good thing, because I should be able to be home on a daily basis and no longer be away from my wife.

Good luck.

My link

My wife doesnt like the sun either,, during the summer I call her "Powder" from the movie of the same name. You should read this report though.

That link is a little over the top, but the general idea isn't bad. FWIW, you really only need 15-30 min. per day of sun exposure to get a sufficient amount of vitamin D, even assuming you aren't getting any in your diet.

I'll second Eleven and wish you good luck!

That link is a little over the top, but the general idea isn't bad. FWIW, you really only need 15-30 min. per day of sun exposure to get a sufficient amount of vitamin D, even assuming you aren't getting any in your diet.

I think that is if you're naked... :blush:

It's just propaganda from some company that sells sunlight.

I think that is if you're naked... :blush:

Exposed appendages (take your pick) will also suffice... ;)

It's just propaganda from some company that sells sunlight.

Very true. I saved an ad from a tanning salon that proclaims "You are probably vitamin D deficient!", with the oh-so-official-looking "meter" being the silhouette of a standing female with only the lower leg shaded. Oy vey. But we need to cut spending on scientific research... ack now you got me making a complaint, lol.

Best of luck.. Can't imagine why you'd want to give up all those long days, traffic snarls and hard work for some cushy desk job.

Best of luck.. Can't imagine why you'd want to give up all those long days, traffic snarls and hard work for some cushy desk job.

Thanks for the "best of luck" part. I appreciate that.

On the bolded part, I'm not sure if you were saying that with "tongue in cheek" in mind or if you were being cynical. Either way, I would love nothing more than to be home with my wife, for one. Second, I'm going into this with the mindset that it's not going to be all that cushy. Pleasing both my drivers and the corporate bosses all at the same time is not exactly what I call cushy. (Something tells me that shrader would confirm this, even if it's a totally different industry - but I could be wrong.)

Last week (of course it had to be thursday), I got a ticket for parking in the wrong direction. It was a ridiculously narrow street that had no business actually being a two way street and there was only one spot, so I took it. Now I realize that technically it is a violation, it's annoying how this was just a blatant money grab ($30 ticket, no big deal really). The best part? As I was driving home, on the very next street, half the cars are all parked in the wrong direction but none of them had tickets. We'll take your money, but we're a bit too lazy to ticket more than one car.

Maybe it's just me, but I continue to be dumbfounded at how disorganized and incompetent some people are. Simple things like forgetting to add the server admin to the emails (ones which tell him that his step of the maintenance is next) just really bug me these days. I often wonder - even though we're a NYS agency - how these people still have a job.

I'm coming clean on something...

Yes, this is a complaint, because it affects how I communicate with everyone. Asperger's is a difficult creature to live with. It can be really helpful on some days, but it can be my own worst enemy on others. There's nothing I can do about it. It's always been with me, and it always will be.

• Like (+1) 5

Broke up with my girlfriend. The team of four at work is down to two with no replacements in sight so I'm doing the work I've been avoiding for years (Windows Server stuff). Rainy day so no motorcycle. Corporate security policy basically say we can't build what the customer wants. "Party Down" is only 20 episodes.

I'm not sure how much of that is feeding into each other, but things certainly seem to be crashing down.

I'm coming clean on something...

Yes, this is a complaint, because it affects how I communicate with everyone. Asperger's is a difficult creature to live with. It can be really helpful on some days, but it can be my own worst enemy on others. There's nothing I can do about it. It's always been with me, and it always will be.

Interesting have you ever heard of Rudy Simone she writes all about aspergers and has 6? books now. She is the mother of a very close friend of mine and an incredible person. You should check it out!