Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I'm tired of being "the straw that stirs the drink" at work. Even though everyone I work directly with is an educated adult, I feel like nothing gets done unless I push things along. I wouldn't care if I was a director (or assistant director) but I am just the user support guy. I have to constantly remind people higher up in the food chain about deadlines, problems that need to be addressed, etc. I know this isn't really the case, but it sure feels like it.

Today, I have to call the support line for a software vendor whose product is not working well with one of our web apps. I didn't write the web app, I don't really know the technical details of how it works but I am the one who "sees the issue all the time". None of the three programmers who wrote the thing would volunteer to initiate the support ticket, so I was "volunteered". It's too bad the job market is so lousy, otherwise I'd be shooting out resumes everywhere.

On the plus side - yes, I do have solid employment. I'm going to keep telling myself that all day......

Sept already when did the summer go. I didn't do half of the great idea's/things I thought of at the end of May would be great.

:thumbdown:

Although I did thoroughly enjoy the other half I did :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, and being bipolar. :unsure:

I'm tired of being "the straw that stirs the drink" at work. Even though everyone I work directly with is an educated adult, I feel like nothing gets done unless I push things along. I wouldn't care if I was a director (or assistant director) but I am just the user support guy. I have to constantly remind people higher up in the food chain about deadlines, problems that need to be addressed, etc. I know this isn't really the case, but it sure feels like it.

Today, I have to call the support line for a software vendor whose product is not working well with one of our web apps. I didn't write the web app, I don't really know the technical details of how it works but I am the one who "sees the issue all the time". None of the three programmers who wrote the thing would volunteer to initiate the support ticket, so I was "volunteered". It's too bad the job market is so lousy, otherwise I'd be shooting out resumes everywhere.

On the plus side - yes, I do have solid employment. I'm going to keep telling myself that all day......

This. It's difficult when you have a condescending boss that doesn't understand half the stuff you already forgot about in your career.

What also sucks is the devastation that Irene caused. No, she wasn't anything like Katrina or Rita, but she hit upstate NY and Vermont pretty hard. If you ever start to think how you don't like your house or your neighborhood, read up on what happened to Prattsville, NY...a small town (population 700) on the Schoharie Creek in Greene County that was literally washed away after the creek flooded. People lost their homes, businesses, farms, and lives. I can't imagine what they're going through.

Everyone has a co-worker that annoys them to some degree, but I'm here to tell you I have the most annoying co-worker ever. Bar none. Everything this woman does is annoying to everyone. Talking constantly about herself, interrupting you constantly in meetings and one on one conversations, excessively over the top dramatic reactions to the most routine matters. I loathe every second that I'm forced to interact with her. But recently it has just gone too far. My office area sits directly outside a laboratory and the above mentioned co-worker has recently moved into that lab space and has spent a great deal of time in there working over the last week or so. As she works she listens to her ipod while singing along AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS!!! Not regular singing like one who realizes they don't have a good voice might do when alone, but overly dramatic loud singing like she is on an american idol audition. My ears feel like they may begin to bleed at any moment and I forgot my own ipod / headphones today so I can't drown out this noise. It is totally beyond me how anyone could be so oblivious to their own annoying behavior. :censored: :censored:

It's moving day out here in Boston. My usual drive from work to the gym generally takes 10-15 minutes. Last night it took me an hour. College students are the bane of my existence. If any of you college students are reading this, I think you should drop out.

I guess I should be happy I have been sick the past two days because yesterday started move ins at RIT.

Everyone has a co-worker that annoys them to some degree, but I'm here to tell you I have the most annoying co-worker ever. Bar none. Everything this woman does is annoying to everyone. Talking constantly about herself, interrupting you constantly in meetings and one on one conversations, excessively over the top dramatic reactions to the most routine matters. I loathe every second that I'm forced to interact with her. But recently it has just gone too far. My office area sits directly outside a laboratory and the above mentioned co-worker has recently moved into that lab space and has spent a great deal of time in there working over the last week or so. As she works she listens to her ipod while singing along AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS!!! Not regular singing like one who realizes they don't have a good voice might do when alone, but overly dramatic loud singing like she is on an american idol audition. My ears feel like they may begin to bleed at any moment and I forgot my own ipod / headphones today so I can't drown out this noise. It is totally beyond me how anyone could be so oblivious to their own annoying behavior. :censored: :censored:

Luckily for you, I've got a solution to your problem (borrowed from TSW).

Shiv the mo'fo'. :ph34r:

You just know everybody else in your office wants to do it. ;)

Friend zone. :censored: And I'm comically inept at social things.

Wow that sucks man! In all honesty, I just got placed in the friend zone yesterday as well (the day before my birthday Thursday :thumbsup: ...awesome sauce). I was told that she doesn't see us being more than friends because her life is an emotional roller coaster right now, and she "doesn't want another thing to worry about." What can you do...back to fishing in the sea.

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

Wow that sucks man! In all honesty, I just got placed in the friend zone yesterday as well (the day before my birthday...awesome sauce). I was told that she doesn't see us being more than friends because her life is an emotional roller coaster right now, and she "doesn't want another thing to worry about." What can you do...back to fishing in the sea.

Pretty subtle with the birthday dropping so far. :thumbsup:

I've always thought that September brought us nothing but the finest people, but you've officially challenged that belief. ;)

All right. Enough is enough. Leave the guy alone--you know who I'm talking about and you know who I'm talking to (but I don't know who I'm talking to).

Just for you then.

Larry Quinn! :w00t:

• Like (+1) 2

Pretty subtle with the birthday dropping so far. :thumbsup:

I've always thought that September brought us nothing but the finest people, but you've officially challenged that belief. ;)

Sorry...I honestly forgot that I said something in my first post...re-read it and was like wow! I look like I'm trying to get birthday wishes (not my intention).

can I go home from work now?

Luckily for you, I've got a solution to your problem (borrowed from TSW).

Shiv the mo'fo'. :ph34r:

You just know everybody else in your office wants to do it. ;)

:lol: I wish that I could, I really do. The guy that sits across from me just came into the office and heard the signing, and he let out a big sigh and a loud "you've got to be f#@%ing kidding me!!". I think he just may take care of this for all of us. :thumbsup:

Ironically this is the same guy that has the geico pig weee weee weee ringtone that I mentioned a few weeks ago on here.