Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Haven't seen it. What happened there?

Before I tell you, congratulations on have the 5000th post in this thread.

He was a hypochondriac, but he thought that if he acted like he already had a certain affliction then he wouldn't get it.

Before I tell you, congratulations on have the 5000th post in this thread.

He was a hypochondriac, but he thought that if he acted like he already had a certain affliction then he wouldn't get it.

:lol: I'll take it FWIW.

As for the movie, I'm not sure if I will ever get around to watching it. It's not that I don't want to. It's just that when I'm gone from the house 4 weeks at a time, I only get 4 days at home and it's hard to cram in a whole bunch of stuff to get done (besides making the bed squeak).

:lol: I'll take it FWIW.

As for the movie, I'm not sure if I will ever get around to watching it. It's not that I don't want to. It's just that when I'm gone from the house 4 weeks at a time, I only get 4 days at home and it's hard to cram in a whole bunch of stuff to get done (besides making the bed squeak).

Watch the movie on the road.

On second thought, don't. It's not that good (sorry, swamper).

People who spend 5 minutes backing into a parking spot in a parking lot need to have their cars impounded and licenses revoked.

I'm not so sure I would go that far, but I can sense your frustration.

Look on the bright side: if they're truckers who can't park their 4-wheelers, then they probably drive for my competition.

I kinda have to laugh at all of you men out there who are complaining about the lack of sleeping space because your wives are expecting. AFAIAC, if the Lord ever blesses my wife and I with a baby, I am going to enjoy every moment of it. We've been waiting long enough as it is.

As someone who has known what is like to want children and not have them, I can tell you it is a wonderful thing to be able to complain about the lack of sleeping area. As someone who lost count of the number of miscarriages somewhere around 10, with the most recent one being the twin of this one, a simple congrats would have sufficed.

I hate to complain in a very short work week, but I came back to Ohio Tuesday night after an extended long holiday weekend in WNY. I was scheduled to be back in work for my usual Wednesday shift, which is 1-9 pm. One of my staff called me at 11 am to tell me about two urgent things - one that was fixed (no lie) by turning off the Caps Lock key and the other which did not affect me or my department at all. I was ready to kill her.

Plus side: vacation next week.

I was due a performance review and raise after 3 - 6 months of employment at this company. The raise was anywhere from 6% - 10%, promised to be dealt out within that timeframe. well, this is month 7, and after reminding my boss a half dozen times, I got my review at the beginning of last week, and got excellent marks (this isn't the complaint part).

(the complaint part): My boss isn't authorized to give me a raise, it has to come from the President of the company. President of the company has to sit down and go through everything with me. one problem: he's been out of town since last week, and planned another trip for this week and another for next week. He won't be back until Thursday of next week, when I HAVE to leave to go to a wedding up in Maine. The earliest I can meet with him is at the 7.5/7.75 month timeframe IF he doesn't go out of town again, which it is a good possibility that he may! :censored: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

My loans don't pay for themselves!!! :censored:

In the process of buying a house. Pretty sure I'm going to need to take a few personal days for mental health reasons when the process is done with.

GET A HOME INSPECTION.

I know that sounds like common sense, but I didn't, and if I had, I would have never bought the house I did. 7 years later, and I'm *still* finding ###### that the previous owner jerry-rigged. My favorites so far is claiming secondary water when in reality he siphoned it off our neighbors for his sprinkling system. That set me back about $1800 to get my own secondary line run to my yard. The other is how our ceiling fan receives its electricity: it's hooked to an extension cord that runs into the carport shed and gets plugged in to a regular outlet. Fan-effing-tastic.

Bottom line: home inspection. Best $300-400 you can spend on buying a house.

• Like (+1) 2

As someone who has known what is like to want children and not have them, I can tell you it is a wonderful thing to be able to complain about the lack of sleeping area. As someone who lost count of the number of miscarriages somewhere around 10, with the most recent one being the twin of this one, a simple congrats would have sufficed.

I'm sorry to hear about your luck, Knightrider... I saw this article not long ago and perhaps it might help you?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/06/09/miscarriage.not.fluke.ep/index.html

And for my (extremely minor) complaint: that funny cat video XC posted the other day has been removed from YouTube due to some sort of copyright issue, so now I can't share it with anyone else! :thumbdown:

• Like (+1) 1

GET A HOME INSPECTION.

I know that sounds like common sense, but I didn't, and if I had, I would have never bought the house I did. 7 years later, and I'm *still* finding ###### that the previous owner jerry-rigged. My favorites so far is claiming secondary water when in reality he siphoned it off our neighbors for his sprinkling system. That set me back about $1800 to get my own secondary line run to my yard. The other is how our ceiling fan receives its electricity: it's hooked to an extension cord that runs into the carport shed and gets plugged in to a regular outlet. Fan-effing-tastic.

Bottom line: home inspection. Best $300-400 you can spend on buying a house.

I'd have to agree. If my mom had done that, we wouldn't have had to spend the $2000+ that we've spent re doing our downstairs because of water damage. All of the exterior insulation was molded and rotten, and the drywall was molded, and the foundation was'nt finished properly, so it sweats through the floor. A lot of things that could've been found and would've saved time and money.

I'd have to agree. If my mom had done that, we wouldn't have had to spend the $2000+ that we've spent re doing our downstairs because of water damage. All of the exterior insulation was molded and rotten, and the drywall was molded, and the foundation was finished properly, so it sweats through the floor. A lot of things that could've been found and would've saved time and money.

Your poor mom! I'm sorry to hear about that man.

It's gonna cost me about 5-6k just to fix the downstairs bedroom/office. Pulled some paneling off the wall a few months ago to start looking at redoing the room. HELLO termite and water damage. I mean all the way down to the studs. The main water shut-off valve is in the closet, and apparently it caused a ton of damage to the frame. Thankfully, the foundation is intact, but I'm still going to have to rip that room down to the studs and redo the whole thing. IF I do everything myself, it'll be about 6k. If I contract it out, it's gonna be closer to 13-14k.

Home inspection. Can't beat it.

Your poor mom! I'm sorry to hear about that man.

It's gonna cost me about 5-6k just to fix the downstairs bedroom/office. Pulled some paneling off the wall a few months ago to start looking at redoing the room. HELLO termite and water damage. I mean all the way down to the studs. The main water shut-off valve is in the closet, and apparently it caused a ton of damage to the frame. Thankfully, the foundation is intact, but I'm still going to have to rip that room down to the studs and redo the whole thing. IF I do everything myself, it'll be about 6k. If I contract it out, it's gonna be closer to 13-14k.

Home inspection. Can't beat it.

Yeah that's rough! If you have the time and know all to do it yourself, I would highly recommend it. This way you know there are no shortcuts being taken etc. After having worked with a contractor for 3 years, I don't trust too many of them.

Good luck with that!

Ratta fratta mutha racken getting old.

Don't know how or what I specifcally did but my back went out last weekend. Even just getting out of a chair let alone walking is very painful and hard. I am in pretty good shape only 15 pounds over my high school weight. Never had back issues always did what I wanted w/o thinking about it. Never understood what all those people who talked about their bad backs were going through. Now I understand. Dr. says it could just be a repettive , worn out thing that I now have to deal with. Never thought about the effects of high mileage on the body.

I was due a performance review and raise after 3 - 6 months of employment at this company. The raise was anywhere from 6% - 10%, promised to be dealt out within that timeframe. well, this is month 7, and after reminding my boss a half dozen times, I got my review at the beginning of last week, and got excellent marks (this isn't the complaint part).

(the complaint part): My boss isn't authorized to give me a raise, it has to come from the President of the company. President of the company has to sit down and go through everything with me. one problem: he's been out of town since last week, and planned another trip for this week and another for next week. He won't be back until Thursday of next week, when I HAVE to leave to go to a wedding up in Maine. The earliest I can meet with him is at the 7.5/7.75 month timeframe IF he doesn't go out of town again, which it is a good possibility that he may! :censored: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

My loans don't pay for themselves!!! :censored:

When it finally goes through, make sure they prorate it to make up for the delay. Fight for it if you have to.