Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

NOTICE: These are just observations.

I remember back in the 90's when Clinton decided to tap the strategic oil reserves to ease rising gas prices back then. Republicans balked at it. Then, when gas prices were on the rise again in the last decade, Bush 43 tapped into the same reserves.

They're skyrocketing now, and Obama hasn't done a thing about it.

Thoughts, anyone?

$1 US = $.97 Canadian

How you like them apples???

NOTICE: These are just observations.

I remember back in the 90's when Clinton decided to tap the strategic oil reserves to ease rising gas prices back then. Republicans balked at it. Then, when gas prices were on the rise again in the last decade, Bush 43 tapped into the same reserves.

They're skyrocketing now, and Obama hasn't done a thing about it.

Thoughts, anyone?

My complaint is your answer. It's just a the news cycle. The price of gas goes up every year at this time to take advantage of the spring breakers traveling. Then it comes back down for a little while. Then it goes back up just before Memorial day all the way past the fourth of July to take advantage of those travelers.

My complaint is your answer. It's just a the news cycle. The price of gas goes up every year at this time to take advantage of the spring breakers traveling. Then it comes back down for a little while. Then it goes back up just before Memorial day all the way past the fourth of July to take advantage of those travelers.

Gas prices do go up every year at this time but not this much. This has a lot to do with the instability in the Middle East (Libya and Egypt) and speculators pushing the cost of oil up.

At lunchtime today gas was $3.42. I left work and it's at $3.59. It's ridiculous.

Gas prices do go up every year at this time but not this much. This has a lot to do with the instability in the Middle East (Libya and Egypt) and speculators pushing the cost of oil up.

At lunchtime today gas was $3.42. I left work and it's at $3.59. It's ridiculous.

+1

If you think that's bad, try the price of diesel fuel. That's what should have everyone concerned. Why? Because trucks and trains need it to ship the goods that we buy, right down to our groceries. And then the cost gets passed down to us.

So, whenever I hear the next report on the Inflation Index, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt.

+1

If you think that's bad, try the price of diesel fuel. That's what should have everyone concerned. Why? Because trucks and trains need it to ship the goods that we buy, right down to our groceries. And then the cost gets passed down to us.

So, whenever I hear the next report on the Inflation Index, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt.

I wasn't sure about the number but one report I saw said that every penny the gas prices rise affects the economy by $1 billion.

The associated costs -- transporting food, essentials, etc - are always the ones that people forget about when the prices rise.

I wasn't sure about the number but one report I saw said that every penny the gas prices rise affects the economy by $1 billion.

The associated costs -- transporting food, essentials, etc - are always the ones that people forget about when the prices rise.

IDK how many people outside of the transportation industry know about this. I certainly didn't know it until I became a truck driver. Aside from dealing with reckless four-wheelers and outlaw truckers, I learned about the other factors that can have an impact on our economy.

Also, if you think about it, the rise in the price of oil affects the global economy in each respective country. If anyone thinks we have it bad over here, try Europe. Granted, the article is a bit dated, but I think it's still relevant.

IDK how many people outside of the transportation industry know about this. I certainly didn't know it until I became a truck driver. Aside from dealing with reckless four-wheelers and outlaw truckers, I learned about the other factors that can have an impact on our economy.

Also, if you think about it, the rise in the price of oil affects the global economy in each respective country. If anyone thinks we have it bad over here, try Europe. Granted, the article is a bit dated, but I think it's still relevant.

Exactly. We should be lucky our gas prices are as cheap as they are. It could be a LOT worse. Last I heard it's over $1.00 per liter in Canada, and THAT sucks.

Exactly. We should be lucky our gas prices are as cheap as they are. It could be a LOT worse. Last I heard it's over $1.00 per liter in Canada, and THAT sucks.

In fairness though, most of the difference in price between US and Europe and Canada is taxes added. The raw price of a barrel of gasoline is the same everywhere. Taxes make up most of the country to country differences.

To keep this complaint oriented.... Damn taxes !!!

In fairness though, most of the difference in price between US and Europe and Canada is taxes added. The raw price of a barrel of gasoline is the same everywhere. Taxes make up most of the country to country differences.

To keep this complaint oriented.... Damn taxes !!!

Those are much worse in Europe too... <_<

You just gave me another complaint - The Weather Channel. It has become unwatchable. They've turned it into one of those horrible morning shows filled with a bunch of cackling hags yelling the weather at me. Then they toss to Jim Cantfindastory making a huge deal about a slush-puddle at the corner of Main and 1st, Yourtown, U.S.A. I miss the days when it was just a guy in a flannel shirt in front of a weather map.

Was Jim Cantore separated at birth from this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PDIBTS_xDQ&NR=1

I've got 2.

1. Why the :censored: isn't this thread closed? It's after 2AM (and any self respecting Sabres' fan living in PST would have posted by now and respected the EST timing ;) ).

2. Why did it take me this long to try Sam Adams Light? It beats Blue Light by a mile & a half. Anyone try any other light beers that don't actually suck?

Well, I didn't get the job I was after. The post interview aftermath was completely unorganized and shameful. I still have my position in the company and it's not all that bad. ( I have gone to 3 Sabres games & WJC all due to my employment here). They brought in someone from outside the company to fill my old bosses position. Not sure what to make of it, but she can't be a bigger ###### than my former boss.

Here is my yearly complaint.

I. Hate. March. Madness.

I hate the myriad of tournaments leading up to March Madness.

I hate "bracketology".

I hate when some announcer screams "Unbelievable!!!" when there is a buzzer beater. What's not to believe? We just saw that same play 4 times yesterday.

I hate the sneaker squeaks.

I hate that obnoxious substitution buzzer.

Boy, that's a lot of hate. Let's just say I really don't like it.

Oh, and my kid's sick again.

1. Teachers and Professors - they don't give enough homework these days - kids have far too much time to screw around on message boards when they should be doing homework.

2. Video games like NHL 11 that allow you to trade for anyone - it makes people believe it can happen in real life.

3. The SS block feature - the site still sends email notification of posts from blocked posters, and their posts still show on the site when they are quoted by someone else.

4. Having to unsubscribe from good threads because the bad outweighs the good due to complaints 1-3.

5. Indian food - or is it Pakistani? Either way it gives me gas. Then again, so do cheeseburgers - maybe its the spirits of the deceased relatives of SabresFan526 escaping from my ######.

I have to say, I like this name...better than loose goose. :thumbsup:

my complaint is that I had to wait a whole week to reply to their posts.

and my real complaint is that for one of the first weeks it was nicer weather in Buffalo my work ships me off to Kokomo, Indiana where it was rainy and 30 all week. Do I never get to experience spring?

3. The SS block feature - the site still sends email notification of posts from blocked posters, and their posts still show on the site when they are quoted by someone else.

And I post a lot.

I have this weird muscle twitching constantly in my ribcage today. It's really annoying.