GDT / Maple Leafs @ Buffalo Sabres Saturday March 30th, 7pm / MSG ESPN+ & WGR Radio

Untitled.jpg.9542072d2c661c547fb97a114c362268.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs (41-22-9) will be going for their second consecutive win when they face the Buffalo Sabres (34-34-5) on Saturday night. The game will be played at KeyBank Center and it is scheduled to begin at 7 PM. ET.

Buffalo is 6-3-1 in its last 10 games against Toronto.

The Buffalo Sabres host the Toronto Maple Leafs after Tage Thompson scored four goals in the Sabres' 5-2 win over the New Jersey Devils.

Buffalo is 35-34-5 overall with a 10-10-2 record against the Atlantic Division. The Sabres are 9-10-4 in games decided by a goal.

Toronto has gone 41-22-9 overall with an 8-9-2 record against the Atlantic Division. The Maple Leafs have a 22-8-1 record in games their opponents serve more penalty minutes.

Saturday's game is the fourth time these teams match up this season. The Maple Leafs won 2-1 in overtime in the last meeting. Tyler Bertuzzi led the Maple Leafs with two goals.

Tough game, 2nd of a back to back, at home where it's a no show for the Sabres more often than not, last night being one of the exceptions, not the rule. Whether or not the playoffs are realistic I do not believe sways this group of players at this point as past performance inconsistencies have shown.

That said, it's always nice to stick a fork in the Leafs for a game, so here's to hoping.

Go Sabres!

Just like the Sabres, never know how Laughs wil play. Some nights they are good but other nights there are pretty bad. Strangely their coach is kinda Meatballs clone...nice guy but bad coach with no defensive system whatsoever. Their defense is old and slow for the most part and I can see Boston putting TO out again this year. The Sabres need to come out flying but of course after playing last night who knows what team we wil see?

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Matthews sits at 59 goals. I don’t like him or the Leafs but I’d like to see him hit 70. It will be even more impressive if he does it once they get shutout tonight. 

I hope Cozens or Dahlin hits him good. He is my most hated player because of the Leafblowers. The PxP and colour guys just never shut up about him and don’t get me going with the MVP talk.

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

Matthews sits at 59 goals. I don’t like him or the Leafs but I’d like to see him hit 70. It will be even more impressive if he does it once they get shutout tonight. 

Eleven goals is quite the accomplishment but I have faith our boys will do their best to make sure he gets them.  

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

AVENGE EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE GREAT SATAN !!

SWORDS !!

And looks like I missed one last night ...

MUST WIN !!

AND THEY DID !!

AVENGED JIMMY !!

image.jpeg.9aa03e6082568b8ec01753175748bc54.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

There won’t be any lack of energy in the building tonight, so this should help keep the Sabres motivated to start playing in the first period.  They’ve taken 5 of 6 points from the Playoff Chokers this year, so let’s finish them off.  The Embarrassments will be motivated with Tampa trying to relegate them into wild-card status.  

Any kind of two points tonight, and reasonable expectations from the out of town scoreboard with Detroit at Florida, Isles in Tampa, Boston visiting the Caps… that could cue the “so your saying there’s a chance” jokes… 

Will there be fewer Sabres fans than normal for a Leafs game with many having considered them dead and buried?  I hope there’s enough that realize when the Chokers drive back across the Peace Bridge at the end of the game, it’s usually with absolute frustration after a loss, so keep the tickets and enjoy!  Need more than just the goal horn when the Sabres score.

I do understand the financial considerations though if the choice is otherwise.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1