Thompson!

gilbert11

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

But magically shows up When it's all over with...

And if that's true He should have Shut himself down until he was healthy.

In that case he would of been out until at least January minimum more than likely and he'd of still taken time to get back up to speed.

7 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

Who was it on here the other day that said he sucks and should be traded?

C’mon, fess up!!

Wow, four goals when the season for all intents and purposes is over? Give the man a statue….

Screw the goals, but if we’re looking to give him credit, at least he skated like he cared tonight.

Who would’ve thought movibg your feet would yield good things? Oh, any pee wee coach, for starters….

Edited by Kristian
  • Like (+1) 3

You guys are harsh.   

He should not have shut himself down, he did the right thing playing through injuries.  You have to do that in this league.  

He will probably get hot to end the season and still catch scorn for it.   There is nothing that can fix the disappointment of this season but I’m not blaming Tage Thompson.  I hope he gets 3 more tonight.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1

I still think he is playing hurt, as others have said. I also think, and have said a few times, that if he doesn't do anything silly and actually manages to heal up in the offseason, I think hes good for close to 50 goals next year.

• Agree 2

Didn't say he sucked but did say he is a true underachiever and he could be so much more if he was actually fully engaged and used his body. But he isn't and he doesn't.

Did say I'd trade him and I still would. I'd have kept Mitts (unless the salary ask was ridiculous) and traded Thompson (not for Byram, for more) and I stand by that. never questioned his ability to snipe and score. Talent was never the issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

So Tage scores four goals in a game (against a goalie who looked like he was in slow motion) and we’re expected to go crazy? Nah. I don’t have a man crush on him like some people do. He’s gotta come back next season and score 50+ for me to start considering him as elite as some of y’all do. 

2 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

So Tage scores four goals in a game (against a goalie who looked like he was in slow motion) and we’re expected to go crazy? Nah. I don’t have a man crush on him like some people do. He’s gotta come back next season and score 50+ for me to start considering him as elite as some of y’all do. 

The “he’s going to hit 30!” argument doesn’t carry much weight when he has like 6 assists and hasn’t hit 50 points. 

Goals was already his outlier contribution, being decent in that area isn’t enough 

7 hours ago, ... said:

Healthy enough to be traded.

…. And join a long, and still growing, list of players that got out and did great.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The “he’s going to hit 30!” argument doesn’t carry much weight when he has like 6 assists and hasn’t hit 50 points. 

Goals was already his outlier contribution, being decent in that area isn’t enough 

30 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

…. And join a long, and still growing, lust of players  that got out and did great.  

Michael Richards Yes GIF

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1