WGR 550 Reporting Jack Quinn Rejoining Team Today

LETSTUCHINGO

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Greenway Thompson. Tuch

JJP Cozens.  Quinn

the top 6 at today practice 

are you happy if this is the top 6 going into next year ?

would be cool to get a LW to drop Greenway to the 3rd line BUT then you have an issue with what to do with Skinner.   Yes, I understand his metrics are good 5v5    I just don't think you should have a one dimensional player on your top line, especially when you have the youngest team in league.  Your vets need to set a standard

i would probably want them to switch Benson to 1st line and Greenway to 3rd 

skinner Krebs greenway as your 3rd line isn't terrible I don't think

Two of those top 6 need to be bumped down to 3rd line and they need to add a couple solid FAs in the summer to take their place. Trade 1st rounders and prospects if you need to but this top 6 is not even close to cutting it for a Stanley Cup contender. 

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

What’s the point on bringing him back for 10 meaningless games. 

To get him some run. To start the process of getting him back into top-flight form.

21 minutes ago, inkman said:

Until he snaps his leg in half…again 

If serial major injuries were to be his fate as a pro hockey player (and God grant that it is not), then the Sabres would be better off knowing sooner than later.

No sense bubble-wrapping the guy.

If he's ready to go, he should go.

• Like (+1) 1

I have no problem him playing, if you’re going to break him again, might as well be before the season ends 

1 hour ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Last time he got hurt he only needed a practice or two to come back. Not to mention he was playing 100% apon return. He has been skating for a week or two so i am sure he is itching to be back on the ice.

And then he quickly got hurt. 

Think About It GIF by Identity

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

To get him some run. To start the process of getting him back into top-flight form.

If serial major injuries were to be his fate as a pro hockey player (and God grant that it is not), then the Sabres would be better off knowing sooner than later.

No sense bubble-wrapping the guy.

If he's ready to go, he should go.

I would also include his mental health. Many athletes openly talk about depression setting in when they are away from the sport and unable to compete. He seems like a happy go lucky kid from the outside looking in, but you never know especially with this being his second injury within a year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I would also include his mental health. Many athletes openly talk about depression setting in when they are away from the sport and unable to compete. He seems like a happy go lucky kid from the outside looking in, but you never know especially with this being his second injury within a year.

Hear, hear. This is a huge factor as well. He'll be delighted to be playing again.

Just now, Shoot da Puck said:

Whatever...

I've seen a lot of gif memes. Never saw that one before now.

Tex Avery Vintage Animation GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, SDS said:

I have absolutely no knowledge of the details surrounding Jack Quinn‘s medical condition, but I would like to take time out of my day to tell you why the Sabres are mishandling him…

Lucky for you we are so ignorant, innit?

Could you muster up one nice thing to say about us?

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

@Ogelthorpe you don’t believe that it’s good news that Quinn is back with the team?  You’d prefer he remain injured?

It's the very definition of neutral news.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Hear, hear. This is a huge factor as well. He'll be delighted to be playing again.

I've seen a lot of gif memes. Never saw that one before now.

Tex Avery Vintage Animation GIF

That one’s been around for probably 15 yrs lol

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Who says they're rushing him back? If he's healthy and good to go, he should play. And he'll want to play, for sure. The offseason will be here soon enough. He may as well get some run in now, so that he can be ready to compete in the IIHF men's worlds (?).

I will be at the World Championships, it would be nice to meet a few Sabres there.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

It's the very definition of neutral news

What?  How is it anything but good news that an injured player is back?  It’s good for the player to be back and playing. It’s good for the team to get a talented player back in the lineup. 

Would I have liked him back when the games were still meaningful? Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that it is good news that he’s back.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What?  How is it anything but good news that an injured player is back?  It’s good for the player to be back and playing. It’s good for the team to get a talented player back in the lineup. 

Would I have liked him back when the games were still meaningful? Sure, but that does change the fact that it is good news that he’s back.  

Neutral in the confines of a successful season.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SDS said:

I have absolutely no knowledge of the details surrounding Jack Quinn‘s medical condition, but I would like to take time out of my day to tell you why the Sabres are mishandling him…

I don’t need any knowledge surrounding Quinn’s injury to understand that him playing in meaningless games immediately after two consecutive leg issues might not be warranted.  

I’m sure they are just looking out for their fans here, giving them some juice for the final twirl around the toilet bowl.  

I guess if he’s good to go, let’s throw him out there so fans can cling to what might be, until it isn’t…

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Two of those top 6 need to be bumped down to 3rd line and they need to add a couple solid FAs in the summer to take their place. Trade 1st rounders and prospects if you need to but this top 6 is not even close to cutting it for a Stanley Cup contender. 

Who are the 2?

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

They are paying Cozens to be 2C.   Right or wrong, they won't be moving him down the lineup 

I doubt they are letting salary dictate where Cozens plays. Right or wrong, good or bad, he’s one of our two best centers currently and the construction of the current team is dictating where he plays. 

31 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don’t need any knowledge surrounding Quinn’s injury to understand that him playing in meaningless games immediately after two consecutive leg issues might not be warranted.  

I’m sure they are just looking out for their fans here, giving them some juice for the final twirl around the toilet bowl.  

I guess if he’s good to go, let’s throw him out there so fans can cling to what might be, until it isn’t…

“I don’t need information to make a decision” doesn’t sound all that compelling to be honest.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Greenway Thompson. Tuch

JJP Cozens.  Quinn

the top 6 at today practice 

are you happy if this is the top 6 going into next year ?

would be cool to get a LW to drop Greenway to the 3rd line BUT then you have an issue with what to do with Skinner.   Yes, I understand his metrics are good 5v5    I just don't think you should have a one dimensional player on your top line, especially when you have the youngest team in league.  Your vets need to set a standard

i would probably want them to switch Benson to 1st line and Greenway to 3rd 

skinner Krebs greenway as your 3rd line isn't terrible I don't think

My unpopular opinion is to get a true 1C and move JJP and Quinn up and keep something like Benson/Greenway - Thompson - Tuch as our second line and let Cozens compete for the wing in the top 6. 

I also understand real 1C don't grow on trees and the Sabres won't/can't sign one.