WGR 550 Reporting Jack Quinn Rejoining Team Today

LETSTUCHINGO

Bill Murray Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

2 hours ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

WGR is reporting that Jack Quinn is rejoining the team today and will be practicing in full!

Are we supposed to name the source of the info in the thread title or do you work for WGR?

• Eyeroll 1

Greenway Thompson. Tuch

JJP Cozens.  Quinn

the top 6 at today practice 

are you happy if this is the top 6 going into next year ?

would be cool to get a LW to drop Greenway to the 3rd line BUT then you have an issue with what to do with Skinner.   Yes, I understand his metrics are good 5v5    I just don't think you should have a one dimensional player on your top line, especially when you have the youngest team in league.  Your vets need to set a standard

i would probably want them to switch Benson to 1st line and Greenway to 3rd 

skinner Krebs greenway as your 3rd line isn't terrible I don't think

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Greenway Thompson. Tuch

JJP Cozens.  Quinn

the top 6 at today practice 

are you happy if this is the top 6 going into next year ?

would be cool to get a LW to drop Greenway to the 3rd line BUT then you have an issue with what to do with Skinner.   Yes, I understand his metrics are good 5v5    I just don't think you should have a one dimensional player on your top line, especially when you have the youngest team in league.  Your vets need to set a standard

i would probably want them to switch Benson to 1st line and Greenway to 3rd 

skinner Krebs greenway as your 3rd line isn't terrible I don't think

There's a part of me that wishes JJ was still on the 1st line as he has obviously done very well playing with Tage and Tuch, but I can understand why he's back on the "Kid Line" to get that line back to where it was! I like your 3rd line suggestion of Skinner-Krebs-Greeny. Krebs and Greeny's grit and 200 ft game could cover for Skinner's deficiencies and having Skinner there gives Krebs a chance to blossom into the 3rd line center the Sabres are hoping for!

Edited by LETSTUCHINGO
  • Like (+1) 2

The return of my favourite Sabre.

It's something to cheer for, anyway.

5 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Sabres are doing everything they can to ruin this kid. Rush him back again so he gets hurt again. Sit him rest if year let him get healthy. 

Who says they're rushing him back? If he's healthy and good to go, he should play. And he'll want to play, for sure. The offseason will be here soon enough. He may as well get some run in now, so that he can be ready to compete in the IIHF men's worlds (?).

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The return of my favourite Sabre.

It's something to cheer for, anyway.

Who says they're rushing him back? If he's healthy and good to go, he should play. And he'll want to play, for sure. The offseason will be here soon enough. He may as well get some run in now, so that he can be ready to compete in the IIHF men's worlds (?).

I agree.

The key is is he healthy?  If he passes the physical, he can skate for a week or so without an setbacks, then sure play him. 

Going into camp next year, I think having played in a handful of games at the end of this season would be a LOT better for him than going months and months and months without playing. Even just getting in a game or two, if healthy, is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

To gain experience.  To try to build some chemistry with other important players.  To prove to himself he is healthy enough to play.  

Until he snaps his leg in half…again 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, inkman said:

Until he snaps his leg in half…again 

*not a medical doctor, nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night*
I am not sure that is how broken bones work. (if that even was what this was - I think some medical professionals here on the board have speculated as much)

I have absolutely no knowledge of the details surrounding Jack Quinn‘s medical condition, but I would like to take time out of my day to tell you why the Sabres are mishandling him…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Last time he got hurt he only needed a practice or two to come back. Not to mention he was playing 100% apon return. He has been skating for a week or two so i am sure he is itching to be back on the ice.

I think you're right. I fully expect him to be in the lineup tomorrow night. Otherwise, why would Meats switch JJ out of the 1st line in practice and mess with that lines chemistry. The JJ-Tommer-Tuch line has been too hot!! Everything I've seen from practice shows a fully healthy, fast, and explosive Quinny!! Players are paid to play!! Ring the bell!!