GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Seattle Kraken Monday 3-18 / 10pm ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2df144996517c8b8a3b1e58982f76c17.jpg

The Buffalo Sabres face the Seattle Kraken with both teams looking to improve on rough seasons. The Sabres have a 32-31-5 record and with only five wins in their last 10 games, they are in sixth place in the Atlantic Division. The Kraken have a 28-26-12 record and with four losses in a row, they have the third-worst record in the Pacific Division. Both teams look to finish the season strong and possibly make a push for a playoff spot and the upcoming game should be a good one.

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/3-18-2024/buffalo-sabres-vs-seattle-kraken-prediction-4054/

When the Buffalo Sabres shipped off Erik Johnson, Casey Mittelstadt and Kyle Okposo at the NHL's trade deadline, it appeared they were raising a white surrender flag on their season.

Three straight victories followed, putting them right back in the Eastern Conference's wild-card chase.

Despite a 4-1 loss Saturday in Detroit to open their five-game trip, the Sabres will try to continue their playoff push when they meet the Seattle Kraken, a team that took a somewhat different approach at the deadline and has since fallen off the pace.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/sabres-eager-to-move-up-in-playoff-chase-visit-kraken/

Edited by Shoot da Puck
  • Thanks (+1) 1

After the loss to the Wings I feel the least excitement for any game this year.  The Kraken have had our number since they entered the league and no reason to believe tonight will be any different.

Tired Af Reaction GIF

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

59 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Easiest opponent of the roadtrip. Lose tonight and it really is over. They have to go 3-1 at least.

I predict they will crack the Kraken code tonight.

3 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

Automatic L...this team is our Kryptonite and the games are really even close.

Drop a bet on it then. Easy money.

28 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

After the lost to the Wings I feel the least excitement for any game this year.  The Kraken have had our number since they entered the league and no reason to believe tonight will be any different.

Tired Af Reaction GIF

The Winnipeg Jets and the Golden Knights have been the same. Something about new expansion teams who have made the playoffs rubbing it in our face 

Edited by OverPowerYou

19 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

The Winnipeg Jets and the Golden Knights have been the same. Something about new expansion teams who have made the playoffs rubbing it in our face 

Sabres are 6-4-2 against Vegas. I personally do not feel Vegas has our number at all. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I admire all of you that still have hope, I really do. For me the season ended in December and next season is meaningless unless at a minimum all the assistant coaches get fired (goalie coach excluded) and personally feel that Granato needs to go too. It is very evident that the level of play demanded and expected by this coaching staff is lightyears below what a playoff team requires let alone a cup contender. This team isn't good enough and that starts with Pegula. Adams isn't good enough either. Bunch of children playing games and they expect me to spend my hard earned money on this dumpster fire, fat ***** chance. 

Grow up and make the playoffs. I ain't spending a dime on the Sabres until they do. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

May watch a little bit as i lay down on my phone to see how they start. Hoping not to get too sucked in and be exhausted tomorrow, but it is what it is. Our history against the crack is not too good. Hoping for a 1st win against them, but not betting the farm on it. 

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Do we see Levi in net tonight so UPL takes the tougher task against Vancouver?

I think you have to play UPL tonight and get the win. They are not beating both Oilers and Canucks so pray Levi can steal a HUGE one tomorrow. If they lose tonight, all the hope leaves the team and a freefall will ensue. 

• Like (+1) 2