Stanley Cup Finals Here We Come

OverPowerYou

That’s right. I said finals. Not playoffs

The Florida Panthers made it when they had to play the Bruins (most wins in a season.) The St. Louis Blues made it when they had the worst record in the NHL on January 1st. The 2021 Montreal Canadiens made it as the 18th seed. The Golden Knights made it as an expansion team. The Los Angeles Kings made it as an 8 seed. 

All of these teams beat the odds, the doubters and the naysayers when nobody gave them a chance. 

Why not us? 

There’s truth to all humor. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The race was basically over. Then Detroit goes on a 7 game losing streak.

Brings the Sabres back into the race. Yet it also brings 3-4 other teams back into the race. That's what most forgot. It's not just us vs. the Wings. 

After the Saturday afternoon game in Detroit, they are on a plane to the west to play Mon. and Tues. against Seattle and Vancouver. Will Levi take that trip to play a game ?  Can't ask UPL to play every game. 

Still small odds to make the playoffs. Just win games and hope. Otherwise, we know the results. 

• Like (+1) 5

Hey.. each of us can choose whether we want to look at what's happening now and choose misery by reminding ourselves of the misery earlier in the season and the off-season or choose to be happy that at least they are playing well.

No right answer, but I know I don't let teams make me miserable, there's enough in life to do that.  They win, I am happy. They lose, I am ambivalent.

That said... I'll take a dark horse playoff run to aid in offsetting the miserable things in real life.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, LTS said:

Hey.. each of us can choose whether we want to look at what's happening now and choose misery by reminding ourselves of the misery earlier in the season and the off-season or choose to be happy that at least they are playing well.

No right answer, but I know I don't let teams make me miserable, there's enough in life to do that.  They win, I am happy. They lose, I am ambivalent.

That said... I'll take a dark horse playoff run to aid in offsetting the miserable things in real life.

Definitely not preachy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Definitely not preachy.

Would you consider yourself happy with the current Sabres?  I could be misinterpreting the posts of all the people on here who consistently retread the lack of veterans, goaltending, Granato's skills as a coach, KA as a GM, Pegula as an owner, but it seems to me like those people are unhappy and come across as choosing misery with the franchise.

If you'd like to classify it differently by all means contribute to the conversation.  If you just want to take a shot at me, then great, I can take it. If I can keep the Sabres from making miserable there's not a chance in hell you'll succeed.

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I take it you're not a Danny Masterston fan?

Too soon??

I understand your rape joke.

When I was living in LA, the Church of Scientology had my car towed in Hollywood, and it cost me quite a pretty penny.

I would hate them for that alone, but then there's all that other stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, hockey said:

I understand your rape joke.

When I was living in LA, the Church of Scientology had my car towed in Hollywood, and it cost me quite a pretty penny.

I would hate them for that alone, but then there's all that other stuff.

Yeah, I'm no fan of LA/So-Cal either. 

7 hours ago, LTS said:

Would you consider yourself happy with the current Sabres?  I could be misinterpreting the posts of all the people on here who consistently retread the lack of veterans, goaltending, Granato's skills as a coach, KA as a GM, Pegula as an owner, but it seems to me like those people are unhappy and come across as choosing misery with the franchise.

If you'd like to classify it differently by all means contribute to the conversation.  If you just want to take a shot at me, then great, I can take it. If I can keep the Sabres from making miserable there's not a chance in hell you'll succeed.

Shrinking Ted Mcginley GIF by Apple TV+

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/3/2024 at 5:39 PM, PASabreFan said:

I mean why stop at playoffs? If the Sabres have a real shot at making the playoffs despite the gauntlet Brawndo lays out, why not say the Sabres are legitimate Cup contenders RIGHT NOW? Why would they cool off after winning 52 of 55 games or whatever plausible scenarios some are proposing? In fact it should be easier to win the Cup than make the playoffs. You can go 16-12 and do that.