2023 Second Round Pick Anton Wahlberg will join the Amerks for the remainder of the season

Brawndo

Read complete scouting
report from EP draft guide

Anton is a big centre with good wheels. He is a fast skater with a long stride. He is strong on his skates and covers the puck well. He likes to come with speed and challenge the defence. He is good at deking close to his body and to take the puck to the inside. Wahlberg can truly hold on to a puck. He has the qualities needed to work the boards, extend possession, and create better offensive looks for his team.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Need someone to tell me what to think. @LGR4GM you around?

Big, young, needs refinement. Fast and physical, did okay in the SHL as an 18yr old. Needs probably 2-3 years in Rochester but middle six potential. 

• Thanks (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

Read complete scouting

Anton is a big centre with good wheels. He is a fast skater with a long stride. He is strong on his skates and covers the puck well. He likes to come with speed and challenge the defence. He is good at deking close to his body and to take the puck to the inside. Wahlberg can truly hold on to a puck. He has the qualities needed to work the boards, extend possession, and create better offensive looks for his team.

giraffes fighting GIF

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This was an expected outcome given Malmo's place in the standings. I love that he's headed over to get involved immediately.

(What worries me is he does well and finds himself the 4C in Buffalo in October. Such a good end to '23-'24, such a great training camp -- can't block him! And then he's not nearly ready for such a task.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

This was an expected outcome given Malmo's place in the standings. I love that he's headed over to get involved immediately.

(What worries me is he does well and finds himself the 4C in Buffalo in October. Such a good end to '23-'24, such a great training camp -- can't block him! And then he's not nearly ready for such a task.)

This isn't happening. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MISabresFan said:

Read complete scouting

He's got a much smaller ice surface to play on in Rochester. Sounds like it'll be an adjustment based upon this scouting report

• Like (+1) 2

Admittedly it's now been awhile but I seem to recall he was a regular fixture in front of the opponent's net during the WJC.  I liked that about him.. actually using his size for something.

Be curious to see how it goes in Rochester.

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Which not coincidentally happens to be owned by these two guys 

3 guys actually...their other brother, Pat, is the one who started it and they all co-own in.

Opened one in Toronto a year or two ago...next time I get up there I am checking it out 😂

I wonder if they have "Good Vibrations" on loop inside the restaurant...🤔

Edited by matter2003