Staying the course - Comments from Season Ticket Holder Q and A

Derrico

Sounds like they are preparing to miss again next year. Watch the teams that build each and every year towards the playoffs and beyond and compare that to KAs plan. Unwavering mediocraty. Just get by. Maybe we’ll squeek in. If we get lucky. If we avoid injuries. If the young guys all take that step. If our goaltending wins us games. If we can turn our power play around. If Krebs could just be a goalscorer. All whatifisms. Loser mentality. Gawd dammit I want a winner at the helm. Its going to be a long offseason. In KA we trust ?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • dislike 2

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

When I hear KA thinking of getting a veteran 4C I envision a Riley Sheahan type of move.

He needs to get a 3C who Krebs competes with for the role.

Its going to be castoffs at the end of their usefullness. It always is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Sabres need 3 things (maybe 4)

Use a lot of our draft picks (who we will end up trading in 5-6 at the trade deadline) to trade for a top line player. Maybe Kulich will be that and we don’t have to trade 

-Get a tough veteran center who can score, hit and lead our young guys 

-Sign a quality, proven, solid, RIGHT HANDED defenseman for the 6th spot. 

-Get a Pat Kaleta type player to be an enforcer for our soft pansies 

Edited by OverPowerYou

Well, that’s a bit disheartening, but not unexpected.

I suppose it’s good that he believes in what he is building.  I am more than ready for ownership to tell him the sand is running out, however.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

Everything here I’ll take with a grain of salt seeing as Adams isn’t going to reveal anything regardless. Of course he’ll say they need to grow from within; anything else and he’d be effectively telling his players through Twitter/media that he doesn’t believe in them personally. His proposed acquisitions are both nondescript enough to not single out a player while also not lying to the fans. A top 9 forward is like stating you want a new person over the age of 35 next year; it creates a massive pool to play with without giving any specific player.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Well, that’s a bit disheartening, but not unexpected.

I suppose it’s good that he believes in what he is building.  I am more than ready for ownership to tell him the sand is running out, however.

The biggest rug being continually pulled over the eyes of the fanbase is that something needs to be “built”. Over a long period of time. Address the roster holes. Prioritize winning right now. The goal should be fielding a playoff team before “building” a cup winner 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

The biggest rug being continually pulled over the eyes of the fanbase is that something needs to be “built”. Over a long period of time. Address the roster holes. Prioritize winning right now. The goal should be fielding a playoff team before “building” a cup winner 

Exactly. I’m not looking to completely revamp the lineup. Get a 3-4 C. A backup goalie. A gritty winger or two.

He can do it his way but it is his a** on the line if they fail again.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

Exactly. I’m not looking to completely revamp the lineup. Get a 3-4 C. A backup goalie. A gritty winger or two.

It really should be a legit 3C. I’m not at all comfortable with the odds of Thompson/Cozens/Krebs working out great in a year we need to convert 

I get we need to hope for the best with Tage and Dylan, cause trading for better is unlikely 

but not bringing in someone that can at least compete and push Krebs would seem wildly negligent, especially given he traded away Mittelstadt. The C spine has to be good 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Sounds like they are preparing to miss again next year. Watch the teams that build each and every year towards the playoffs and beyond and compare that to KAs plan. Unwavering mediocraty. Just get by. Maybe we’ll squeek in. If we get lucky. If we avoid injuries. If the young guys all take that step. If our goaltending wins us games. If we can turn our power play around. If Krebs could just be a goalscorer. All whatifisms. Loser mentality. Gawd dammit I want a winner at the helm. Its going to be a long offseason. In KA we trust ?

"Sounds like they are preparing to miss again next year". I don't know what you were listening to dude, but that's a ridiculous comment for someone to make if they did indeed listen to it.

This has been a disappointing year, but I'm hopeful for many years of success coming. What is more disappointing has been reading flat out dumb comments this season from so-called fans spewing a lot of crap, in my opinion. I'm very disappointed in a lot of the posters on this site. Flame away.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sabres73 said:

"Sounds like they are preparing to miss again next year". I don't know what you were listening to dude, but that's a ridiculous comment for someone to make if they did indeed listen to it.

This has been a disappointing year, but I'm hopeful for many years of success coming. What is more disappointing has been reading flat out dumb comments this season from so-called fans spewing a lot of crap, in my opinion. I'm very disappointed in a lot of the posters on this site. Flame away.

Some comments are worthy of a response. Some aren’t. I’m sure I’m not alone Karen, in noticing that you’ve taken it upon yourself to judge everyones fandom. Your opinion means squat to me. When KA raises his game I’ll give him full credit. You can be assured of that. Until then, don’t read my posts. Its simple really.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • dislike 1

I don’t think that’s all I got from. Your last point may be a bit off base. 

DONT mistake me for a Lovergirl 

we can call this one dud. Unless something happens in the offseason. 

15 yrs STH I’m skipping next season 

gonna get me some Bandits tics. Maybe a mini for Sabres

• Shocked 2

6 hours ago, French Collection said:

When I hear KA thinking of getting a veteran 4C I envision a Riley Sheahan type of move.

And a 3C that can fill in for Cozens or Thompson when/if they get injuries.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, SabreFinn said:

And a 3C that can fill in for Cozens or Thompson when/if they get injuries.

Colorado has a guy who might fit. Mittlesomething or other, I forget his name. 

Planning on Krebs as 3C is just beyond absurd to me. 

6 hours ago, French Collection said:

This the same list I have but sadly it's the same list I had at the end of last season. No progress. Maybe even regression. 

7 hours ago, French Collection said:

Probably end up with Jesper Boquist when the Bruins let him go. 

7 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

You will accept this....

Because you have only 1 other xhoice.....

Leave the team.......

Are you prepared to take that step in to the darkness? 😉

Or perhaps it is going to the light?

It's the Sabres management who can't seem to see what we all see.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, spndnchz said:

I don’t think that’s all I got from. Your last point may be a bit off base. 

DONT mistake me for a Lovergirl 

we can call this one dud. Unless something happens in the offseason. 

15 yrs STH I’m skipping next season 

gonna get me some Bandits tics. Maybe a mini for Sabres

Didn't expect this.  I'm still deciding, love my seats and fomo.

@Derrico how many in attendance?  Too far for me from roc.