GDT: Oilers at Sabres 3-9-2024 12:30 start MSG

spndnchz

Just now, Doohickie said:

Interesting:  The Sabres top two goal scorers:  Benched.

For whatever reason, Skinner is fading. Recently, he's become an invisible player on the ice with little impact. I don't know what the problem is but we need him to get going. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Interesting:  The Sabres top two goal scorers:  Benched.

Is this not the accountability that many posters were clamoring for?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Thanks for that. After all my handwringing that was an enjoyable game. Good thing I got out of the comments and just watched the game.

I can't help myself but want to be here during the games, but I'm starting to stay away from the gameday threads. The negative comments, how vicious and angry some people are getting, it takes away from the enjoyment of the sport. Yeah, I want them to win, but I'm not, for sure, one of those that enjoys being angry about every little thing I can.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Big Guava said:

Dahlin wasn't either his first few years but has really started to embrace that area of his game as he has grown into his body more

Dahlin 23 yrs old… (will be 24 in April) listed as 6’3” 204 lbs…

Power is 21 yrs old… (will be 22 in Nov) listed as 6’6” 221 lbs… About done growing.

Maybe can add another 10-15 lbs with offseason weight training without sacrificing speed… A big part of his game.

Still won’t make him a more aggressive checker. More a playing style choice by him, imo.

Face offs 40 to 10

That just can't happen. How do we consistently get thrashed on face offs. Don't these guys practice it?

Being weak and unable to come close to a 50/50 split on face offs translates to the doo doo we see in Offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Skinner gets Olofsson treatment next year.   
Benson may not score as many but he does sooooo much more already and he's only 18.   Slot Benson next to Tage next year.   
Would think Tuch more suited for 3rd line roll than top line.

KA needs to go find another winger hoping he realizes last season was the outlier for Tuch. My guess is though he is gonna bet on Tuch becoming the player he isn't 

Insanity.  If this organization was properly developing players, Benson would be in junior, and competing for 4th line winger role next year.  The third line would be ‘identity’ (as in who Buffalo is).  But you want to crown him with top 5v5 TOI. He has 6 goals this year.  Can’t we dream bigger? 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Face offs 40 to 10

That just can't happen. How do we consistently get thrashed on face offs. Don't these guys practice it?

Being weak and unable to come close to a 50/50 split on face offs translates to the doo doo we see in Offense. 

Well when you trade your only center that wins face offs , cozens and thompson always stunk on those.   

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

For those who couldn't watch the game this is a 5 minute highlight. Within the link is a segment of the coach's postgame comments and player interviews.  

.https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/recap-oilers-at-sabres-3-9-24-6348587710112

I just watched it for the shootout (that I had no idea was happening, cuz the post game show was on ...) - UPL pointing to center ice after the last stop - awesome!

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Insanity.  If this organization was properly developing players, Benson would be in junior, and competing for 4th line winger role next year.  The third line would be ‘identity’ (as in who Buffalo is).  But you want to crown him with top 5v5 TOI. He has 6 goals this year.  Can’t we dream bigger? 

Benson should be in the AHL, but he can’t due to stupid rules 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

It’s Louie Debrusk

Yep.  Sounds like Batman though.  To me anyway.

Truth be told, I miss Lorentz almost as much as RJ.  What a great team they were.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Sad 1

I'm going to stop commenting on individual games this year I think. You can be excited by the win, but this is the late season illusion we get. Edmonton was absolute garbage today compared to what I saw when they played Boston a few nights ago. They got the quick one and fell asleep. We had another in the long list of low event games. This was so low event their "hit of the game" segment was about goal posts, because they couldn't find a solid body check to show. 

Granato has FINALLY had enough with Mr. Lazy Giveaway Skinner and is in the process of Kreugering him. Will be interesting to see if this time the coach wins, or will Skinner kill another one. Either way could be a win for us. 

So yay, but it's little more than exhibition hockey at this point. 

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Three stars:

image.thumb.png.a859de4f54121daf060a652e8c815ae6.png

Unless you're in Canada, eh?  Then it was:

image.thumb.png.02c6149aadb6ddb04805e9d4e509e84b.png

I'm not sure if Tage was ill or injured but he was playing hurt. There were a couple clips on the bench showing that he was in pain. It was a valiant effort on his part. He cares. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

For whatever reason, Skinner is fading. Recently, he's become an invisible player on the ice with little impact. I don't know what the problem is but we need him to get going. 

Playoffs are not happening and he should be off the team. Doesn’t matter if he scores the rest of the season so long as he is gone this summer.

23 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm going to stop commenting on individual games this year I think. You can be excited by the win, but this is the late season illusion we get. Edmonton was absolute garbage today compared to what I saw when they played Boston a few nights ago. They got the quick one and fell asleep. We had another in the long list of low event games. This was so low event their "hit of the game" segment was about goal posts, because they couldn't find a solid body check to show. 

Granato has FINALLY had enough with Mr. Lazy Giveaway Skinner and is in the process of Kreugering him. Will be interesting to see if this time the coach wins, or will Skinner kill another one. Either way could be a win for us. 

So yay, but it's little more than exhibition hockey at this point. 

After every single Sabres game you come here and discount the win by saying the only reason why the Sabres won is because the other team played like garbage. Beyond tiresome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2