GDT: Oilers at Sabres 3-9-2024 12:30 start MSG

spndnchz

2 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

This is actually refreshing. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing our team without all of the dead weight on it

Iā€™m not really sure you do.Ā šŸ˜‚

Ā 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The only thing I don't really get is why did we send down Ryan Johnson and why bring up Jost/Clague who arent going to be a part of this core going forward? Why not bring up Kulich and Kozak instead? Getting NHL experience for Johnson should be much more important than helping Rochester Americans win games correct? Or am I blowing this out of porportion?Ā 

2 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

The only thing I don't really get is why did we send down Ryan Johnson and why bring up Jost/Clague who arent going to be a part of this core going forward? Why not bring up Kulich and Kozak instead? Getting NHL experience for Johnson should be much more important than helping Rochester Americans win games correct? Or am I blowing this out of porportion?Ā 

Kulich and Kozak arenā€™t ready for the NHL. Ā Tyson Jost can handle it without getting crushed.

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Until he plays "buffalo hockey" we get to see what a real player looks likeĀ 

Point well taken.

Given Casey's comments on Avs morning skate, I'm leaning more towards we have a serious coaching staff problem here in Buffalo. Not that it's news to many and given the teams scoring ability last season I was already pushing that way, but I get what your saying for sure. I just try to make light of it all, because if I don't, it gets depressing. So kudos to you and others who try to focus on the bright spots.

• Like (+1) 2

Game time ensures I wonā€™t watch this. Ā When I was single, this is prime time day drinking at the bar. Ā As a father and husband, there is no avenue for me to watch this in real time. Ā Good job NHL. Ā 

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Point well taken.

Given Casey's comments on Avs morning skate, I'm leaning more towards we have a serious coaching staff problem here in Buffalo. Not that it's news to many and given the teams scoring ability last season I was already pushing that way, but I get what your saying for sure. I just try to make light of it all, because if I don't, it gets depressing. So kudos to you and others who try to focus on the bright spots.

Seems Buffalo Hockey is a process problem taught by its coaches throughout the franchise. Hereā€™s a Amerks fanā€™s commentary:

ā€œThis team doesnā€™t fight, loses most physical battles, plays itā€™s worst hockey on home ice, has a coach who always comes up with excuses, and most curiously right now has seemingly lost all offensive abilities!!! Who wants to watch that?!ā€

Sounds familiar.Ā 

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

An afternoon delight ??Ā  Let's hope so.

Just in case - it's one of the National Games on SN today up here and on *pirate satellite, orbiting your living room* ...

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

AVENGE ????? (THERE MUST BE SOMEONE ,,, )Ā  OH, YEAH .. FOGOLIN !!

SWORDS !!

For those not keeping track - Connor Clifton has turned into the Sabres shutdown stud D.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

This is actually refreshing. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing our team without all of the dead weight on it

I think weā€™ll quickly realize that Mittelstadt and Okposo and their work on the boards were not the dead weight on the roster. Puck possession in this game could get ugly.

EJ was being scratched regularly anyway.

Butā€¦ an actual practice for Byram and Dahlin together could result in some fun.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Kulich and Kozak arenā€™t ready for the NHL. Ā Tyson Jost can handle it without getting crushed.

Agreed. Kozak might someday be a 4th liner. 20% chance. But today is not that day.Ā 

Iā€™d rather have seen the Sabres get more from Colorado by working Johanson and retention into the trade with Philly, but Jost is fine at center to coast out the season.Ā 

I do think now that the AHL rosters are settled for playoffs you can get a 2- to4-game look at all the kids: Novikov, Kulich, Rosen, Kozak, Biro. Just cycle through them. Take one on the PNW trip.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Game time ensures I wonā€™t watch this. Ā When I was single, this is prime time day drinking at the bar. Ā As a father and husband, there is no avenue for me to watch this in real time. Ā Good job NHL. Ā 

ā€¦ try turning to the Cap Side, abandoning the family to focus on your new hockey Empireā€¦ and if that doesnā€™t free up time to watch the gameā€¦ try cutting off one of the kidā€™s hands.

That said, I wonā€™t be able to watch this one either. IĀ hope the Sabres win.Ā