GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Nashville Predators 3-7-2024 8pm MSG Radio 55

I'm not buying anymore tix to games until the Sabres are sitting in a playoff spot more than 10 games into the season. 

I thought about starting a new thread on this but I'm too lazy.

The only way I see us making the playoffs is if we trade some of our pint sized prospects for actual good NHL players. These players would then replace Okposo, Girgensons, Robinson, and the rest of the scrubs we're trot out year after year.

• Like (+1) 1

Unless the entire coaching staff is replaced with a competent staff, this is more of the hockey we'll see on a daily basis. 0 accountability for bad play although half of the team would have to be benched but how do they still look this terrible in all phases this late in the year? If competent coaches dont work then you need to identify the suck on this roster and ship them out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Victor +/-  +2… And he’s not been used until the last two games. Pathetic roster management.

There has to be a back story.

He said in the offseason he was committing to defense this season and he has. He's not great at it, and he'll never be mistaken for a checking line grinder, but he's not releasing early from the zone like last season (as the entire team was being coached to do).

The thing is... if you weren't going to go get a Quinn replacement, then why not let a 20-goal scorer in a UFA season play with JJP-Cozens every game from the start of the season? Anyhoo. So much water under so many bridges that have all been burned.

I just caught some highlights and stopped by to say....

Good goal, BB-4! Welcome to Buffalo!

giphy.gif   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Ryan O'Reilly loves hockey. 

I should just stop there but I will add that that was yet another team that should be worse than us but is already better than us. There are rebuilds and then there are rebuilds, as they say on Letterkenny, figure it out. 

BB was exactly what I expected. Good offensively, mediocre to bad defensively. Just like the rest of them. Perfect fit. 

As an aside, I watched the Bruins/Leafs first and it was a playoff style game. Leafs totally different than what we saw the night before even though the Bruins spanked them all the same. I mention this because it is a direct example of how the Sabres late season surges are misleading. If leafs brought the game I saw tonight against what we brought they would have blown us out. I know they won in OT anyway, but if you watch it I think you will get the point. 

Now why the f were they talking about Ray Bourque and putting up Bruins scoring stats in a Buffalo broadcast of a Nashville game???? That boggles my mind and I guess, they enjoy the Bruins more too these days 🙂   (seriously, that was just weird!)

1 hour ago, Eli Cash said:

Do we have to wait until the offseason to recognize Adams as Executive of the Year?  Pretty impressive roster construction.  How did he ever manage to steal Comrie away from the rest of the league?  Pegula should sign Adams up to a lifetime contract before someone tries to poach him from this organization.

E to the E to the E.

I missed the game.  Watch the lowlights, read the stats, read the thread.  

This team needs help at the top. The FO is delusional.  The owner is absent and doesn’t care. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So the team at the beginning of the year brings back the same exact roster, which MISSED the playoffs last year. Did they really expect it to get better? Who are the veterans that are going to lead these young guys? Did they really think that Okposo was going to? What has he proven? He is the most overrated 20 goal scorer in the history of the NHL. I will not watch another game until he is gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

So the team at the beginning of the year brings back the same exact roster, which MISSED the playoffs last year. Did they really expect it to get better? Who are the veterans that are going to lead these young guys? Did they really think that Okposo was going to? What has he proven? He is the most overrated 20 goal scorer in the history of the NHL. I will not watch another game until he is gone. 

today-is-your-lucky-day-dylan-mcdermott.

8 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I'm not buying anymore tix to games until the Sabres are sitting in a playoff spot more than 10 games into the season. 

I thought about starting a new thread on this but I'm too lazy.

The only way I see us making the playoffs is if we trade some of our pint sized prospects for actual good NHL players. These players would then replace Okposo, Girgensons, Robinson, and the rest of the scrubs we're trot out year after year.

I wish everyone felt this way and actually did stop buying tickets and renewing season tickets. If the fans truly want meaningful change with the Sabres, the only way to get it is to hit Pegula in the pocketbook. NOTHING else will get his attention at this point. 

Stop buying tickets 

Stop going to games 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

I wish everyone felt this way and actually did stop buying tickets and renewing season tickets. If the fans truly want meaningful change with the Sabres, the only way to get it is to hit Pegula in the pocketbook. NOTHING else will get his attention at this point. 

Stop buying tickets 

Stop going to games 

I think that's happening now. Sabres are 5th worse in average attendance and 2nd worse in % capacity.  The fans are doing their part in staying away.

6 hours ago, Kristian said:

I’d actually prefer it that way…

Pegula is involved when he shouldn't be and isn't when he should be.  He is a major issue, but at this point, given the 7 HC and 1 GM fired this season, I don't think Adams can fire Granato.  Either by rule from above or because he's attached to this mess that close. 

4 of the bottom 8 teams in the Eastern Conference have either fired a HC or GM (CBJ, OTT, NJ, NYI).  Montreal's HC is in his second full season, the Caps are  replaced their HC last season leaving only Pittsburgh.  Something is amiss in Buffalo's front office.  

1 hour ago, jad1 said:

I think that's happening now. Sabres are 5th worse in average attendance and 2nd worse in % capacity.  The fans are doing their part in staying away.

https://www.gq.com/story/how-to-buy-a-pro-sports-team

Bit of a long read but sadly I think the only place it would matter is his ego. He's making a lot money either way given the demand to own a team.

Just guessing...if operating loss is $15m per year....10 years of suck is a lot of loss.  Still he bought at $189 and it's valued at $900?  Lol

Screenshot_20240308-064431.png

So 4 years into KA and this is the true state of Sabres Forward group (what we need to field an actual playoff team):

****** Thompson *******

Quinn ********* ********

Tuch Cozens Benson

***** Krebs Girgensons 

27 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

So 4 years into KA and this is the true state of Sabres Forward group (what we need to field an actual playoff team):

****** Thompson *******

Quinn ********* ********

Tuch Cozens Benson

***** Krebs Girgensons 

Wow that filter got a workout.

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

****** Thompson *******

Quinn ********* ********

Tuch Cozens Benson

***** Krebs Girgensons 

Missing JJP -  But yeah we traded away our 2C option I feel like.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

****** Thompson *******

Quinn ********* ********

Tuch Cozens Benson

***** Krebs Girgensons 

Peterka and Greenway are good players that are missing

18 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

****** Thompson *******

Quinn ********* ********

Tuch Cozens Benson

***** Krebs Girgensons 

Girgensons in only an NHL player in Buffalo.