GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Tampa Bay Lightning Thurs. Feb 29th 7pm, ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

26 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Even though the season is over, I am actually really excited to watch this game tonight. I want to see what they are actually capable of, and anything less than a 60 minute effort will be a disgrace. Unfortunately, I am fully prepared for this to be my last game of the year. 

There have been 6-7 games throughout this season where I've gone in fully expecting a loss and the wheels to completely fall off and I think the Sabres have proved me wrong every time. I feel the same way about this game which means they'll probably come out with a W.

2 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

A eyes!!!???!?!?!  

can you write a 100 word preview for the Sabres vs Lighting game tonight?

"Tonight's game between the Buffalo Sabres and the Tampa Bay Lightning promises a showdown of epic proportions. With both teams hungry for a win, expect fast-paced action, jaw-dropping plays, and intense rivalries on full display. The Sabres, led by rising stars like Jack Eichel and Rasmus Dahlin, aim to upset the reigning champions and make a statement. Meanwhile, the Lightning, armed with formidable talent in Nikita Kucherov and Steven Stamkos, seek to defend their title with vigor. It's a clash you won't want to miss, packed with excitement and anticipation from start to finish."

Ah yes, them were the days 😀

Just now, inkman said:

They are done. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise.  Eternal optimism I guess.  Don’t have to worry about that from me. 

I am definitely in the same camp as you. Way too inconsistent to think they'll go on a huge run. I think the 3 game win streak is their peak, which is pretty sad

31 minutes ago, inkman said:

They are done. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise.  Eternal optimism I guess.  Don’t have to worry about that from me. 

It took them 3/4 of the season to win 3 in a row.  How in God's green earth are they going to win about 16 of the next 20?  The playoffs have not been in reasonable play since about week 6 and not even worth discussing anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Tampa not as good as they used to be. Tampa beatable. But Tampa also a thorn in the Sabres side for a long long time. Their PP is still deadly so the PK is the key to this game imo. Along with all the usual move your feet, compete, forecheck etc etc stuff. Which Sabres team shows up is always a guess. I hope it's an entertaining game.

At least Maroon's not there to run over our goalie. 

At the beginning of the season, this would've been the game on the schedule where the Sabres could've put one of the first nails in Tampa's playoff coffin -- relegating them to 5th at best in the division while the Sabres stayed in the chase. Changing out one of the old guards. 

Alas, the Sabres had planned the parade for more development and picking 8th overall instead.

5 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Is that a question, a statement or both?

Definitely a statement.  There is no question my motivation to watch these POS games has waned significantly this season and in my lifetime.  I wish it didn’t feel like I’m pissing in the wind.  I don’t know if I’ll be around at the end of our panty waisted players contracts in 2032.  Gutless pukes. 

• Like (+1) 1