Rumor: Brady Tkachuk available

Buffalonill

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I usually agree with these kinds of things, but lately these players Have pouted, and then they get traded again

Have not heard any of this. If you can elaborate please do. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

I want the Sabres to get lucky and draft Cayden Lindstrom.  Dudes gonna be a beast.  

Yeah, I like the kid’s game. But like we’ve seen, he wouldn’t come in immediately and change things. KA needs to find immediate help and draft this kid and develop him properly.

21 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I want that, too. It's not enough.

I agree that there needs to be more than the attributes listed. This team needs more tougher and grittier players; players who are not afraid to park in front of the net when in their offensive zone. As of late, the Sabres have done a better job of hovering near the opposition's goalie. They still need more of it. Adding another Greenway type of player or two would better round out this roster. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I have little regard for cheap shot players. You seem to admire them. I don't. 

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Same with me.  I want skating shooting, scoring, shot blocking....I don't need the cheap stuff.

I guess I’ll spell it out.  I want players that impose their physical will not ones who succumb to it. The Sabres have been victims since Lucic/Miller.  I don’t want victims, I want the other guys.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, inkman said:

I guess I’ll spell it out.  I want players that impose their physical will not ones who succumb to it. The Sabres have been victims since Lucic/Miller.  I don’t want victims, I want the other guys.  

While I am a proponent of giving in to your hatred, what I'm most like to see is the refs and the linesmen all doing their job. You see an intent to injure (even mildly -- because that's what every behind-the-play slash on the calves or wrists is) you call the penalty, every single time. 

Players are allowed to nearly destroy each other within the rules of the game. But away from the play? I'd be fine with cleaning all that garbage up.

The slash behind the play during a line change to send a message is the equivalent of a wide receiver leaving the huddle and running to the sideline, and while doing so, the defending cornerback (to send a "message") goes and headbutts him. The NFL would kick a guy out of the game instantly for something like that, plus the 15 yards.

And barring the instantaneous penalty, I want the perpetrator's next shift to result in him taking a 5-minute major for fighting as our 4W/3D sizes him up. No instigator necessary. In this case, our 30 minute/game defenseman doesn't have to fight and miss ice time, but Scheifele sure would.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

In Love Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I'll spell it out to you so you better understand what I want. I prefer talent and tough players. You don't have to be a dirty player to be an effective player. Different strokes for different folks. 

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I want players that do this 

I lost all respect for Scheifele for that.  He knew exactly what part of the boot to hit to injure him, he could have slashed him in the shin guards to make a point, but he tried to injure.  And he did it nonchalantly to keep it under the radar from the refs.   He did it because Dahlin threw two big time reverse checks on that shift and flattened a few Jets.  

Scheifele is no tough guy, he has a few fights and he always gets  destroyed.   I hope Dahlin takes him on in the next meeting.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Unless Dahlin personally wants to square up against the guy the next time they play… prefer one of our other tough guys teach that asshat a lesson he will remember.

22 minutes ago, Believer said:

Unless Dahlin personally wants to square up against the guy the next time they play… prefer one of our other tough guys teach that asshat a lesson he will remember.

Other tough guy?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I lost all respect for Scheifele for that.  He knew exactly what part of the boot to hit to injure him, he could have slashed him in the shin guards to make a point, but he tried to injure.  And he did it nonchalantly to keep it under the radar from the refs.   He did it because Dahlin threw two big time reverse checks on that shift and flattened a few Jets.  

Scheifele is no tough guy, he has a few fights and he always gets  destroyed.   I hope Dahlin takes him on in the next meeting.   

Injury?  Maybe to Ras’s pride.   I hope Dahlin takes him on too, but the time to assert some dominance was about 20hrs ago, not at some future time.

I wish we had a guy that put other top players on their heels without actually injuring them.

One of the several problems to our teams make up is we have too many fine young men.  Show me the last team to win a cup that was exclusively fine young men.  We need several *****.  Someone to hack at Schiif’s calf, and a couple others to get the other team pretending not to notice.

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Injury?  Maybe to Ras’s pride.   I hope Dahlin takes him on too, but the time to assert some dominance was about 20hrs ago, not at some future time.

I wish we had a guy that put other top players on their heels without actually injuring them.

Frankly the only one who does so on a consistent basis is a healthy Dahlin who will destroy people from time to time. Clifton throws lots of hits too. Muel used to buy injuries seem to make him shy away from it.

Just now, Weave said:

One of the several problems to our teams make up is we have too many fine young men.  Show me the last team to win a cup that was exclusively fine young men.  We need several *****.  Someone to hack at Schiif’s calf, and a couple others to get the other team pretending not to notice.

Dahlin, Benson, Krebs and Cozens to a lesser degree are the only guys who have shown some of that “dirty” potential 

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Frankly the only one who does so on a consistent basis is a healthy Dahlin who will destroy people from time to time. Clifton throws lots of hits too. Muel used to buy injuries seem to make him shy away from it.

Dahlin hasn’t done that in quite awhile.  Frankly, I think it is out of character for him.  It always looked forced to me.  I want a couple of guys who smile before they do it.

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Dahlin, Benson, Krebs and Cozens to a lesser degree are the only guys who have shown some of that “dirty” potential 

I can’t think of a dirty thing they have done.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I'll spell it out to you so you better understand what I want. I prefer talent and tough players. You don't have to be a dirty player to be an effective player. Different strokes for different folks. 

That would be awesome.  Get someone like Brady Tkachuk?