The Only Way Anything Changes is a Sale

Flashsabre

Pegula is tied at the hip with Adams. He is his guy he can trust. Adams will do whatever Pegula wants and will spin and spin. Pegula doesn’t want to spend money right now so Adams pushes the sticking to the patience and development narrative with a bargain basement coaching staff.

If Granato is fired then we get Appert or Matt Ellis.

My only hope is a sale at this point.

13 years of hell with no end in sight is to much to take.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don’t see any end in sight.  I’d be for it, it can’t get any worse.  

How much would each western new yorker have to chip in to buy the team? We're running out of locally connected Billionaires 🤣 

Maybe we can get one of the local gals to court Elon Musk 🤣 

I (and others) have been saying this for a while. The only way to save this is either Pegula finally "retires" and puts it in the hands of a hockey guy or he sells the team as you said. 

Pegula is clueless about hockey and the parade of inexperienced yes men make too many mistakes while learning on the job. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I (and others) have been saying this for a while. The only way to save this is either Pegula finally "retires" and puts it in the hands of a hockey guy or he sells the team as you said. 

Pegula is clueless about hockey and the parade of inexperienced yes men make too many mistakes while learning on the job. 

No one would spend what the Sabres would cost to keep them here. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

Pegula has an asset that is likely appreciating in value faster than any of his non-Bills assets. It's likely going to continue to outpace any other asset for quite some time. Why would he sell it? My interactions make me believe most the city still loves the guy. Methinks we're stuck with the guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just posted in this in the GDT. 

There is one guy in the Pegula universe who can tell him to sit down and shut up and that’s Brandon Beane. Rumor has it both him and McD have no meddling clauses in their contacts.

I think if this team sells it leaves Buffalo, which I don’t want at all. So what is the next best option? Get Terry out of the building. 

If Beane has a guy in the Bills FO he thinks can man the ship I’d be open to him taking over as President of the now defunct Pegula Sports. My guess is that his first order of business is identifying a Head of Hockey Ops and staying out of the way to devote most of his time to the Bills. 

It will never happen. But it’s an idea. Just maybe a not a likely or good one. 

As much as I want Terry out I also want the Sabres here. And I’m not confident we can have both. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No one would spend what the Sabres would cost to keep them here. 

I don’t buy it. 

Doesn’t make any business sense. Correct me if I am wrong, as my argument hinges on this, but hasn’t the value of the Sabres gone UP, considerably, since its last sale? I’d imagine a business-y businessman might look at that sort of business, undergone *even while a team stank to high heaven* and see a whole wack of..what’s the word? Oh ya: business potential.

That the sabres couldn’t get a buyer to keep them in Buffalo is, I’d wager, a boogeyman 

Edited by Thorny
BUSINESS

Has there ever been talk of a fan revolt on a game day? In Europe, football fans that don’t like the direction of the club hold serious protests and often don’t go to the game or arrive late. Basically they care enough to let owners and management that the product or direction isn’t acceptable.

I mean at this point, why not revolt. Let Pegula know that enough is enough. The money has already been spent on the tickets yes, but actions speak volumes. It would be interesting seeing if this could be arranged and happen. 

He needs to pay for a new football stadium (cost overruns).  The rationale he can use for selling is to run the team into the ground, thus causing fan interest to become nonexistent.....then nobody will object to him selling to a new owner who wants to move the team elsewhere.  He has been highly successful in terms of running this team into the ground (so far).

Until Owen Power becomes what he’s supposed to this team is in trouble.   

A lot to ask but it’s a fact.  

I’m not down on him….D men take a little time and early in their careers there are ups and downs.  

But until Dahlin and Power become what we expect them to we are going to underachieve.  

A new head coach can fix a lot of this.  

7 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

I’m not down on him….D men take a little time and early in their careers there are ups and downs.  

But until Dahlin and Power become what we expect them to we are going to underachieve.  

I agree on Power.  I’m not sure I’m there with Dahlin.  He’s pretty much a finished product.   A high risk high reward offensive player that struggles with the basic concepts of defense. 

I just don’t understand this thinking hiring unproven GM and way too many coaches that can talk a good game but not get the players fired up to play every night. This whole coaching staff needs to go and we need a proven tough coach and better assistant coaches. The whole culture needs to change. If I owned this team I would be pissed. I would say this is unacceptable and if you like to keep your job then you better put the work in. What gets me is when you have a winning team your revenue and building start filling up. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

An older, reliable, defencively responsible partner would help.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I just don’t understand this thinking hiring unproven GM and way too many coaches that can talk a good game but not get the players fired up to play every night. This whole coaching staff needs to go and we need a proven tough coach and better assistant coaches. The whole culture needs to change. If I owned this team I would be pissed. I would say this is unacceptable and if you like to keep your job then you better put the work in. What gets me is when you have a winning team your revenue and building start filling up. 

The problem with the truly stupid is that they don't know that they don't know. What is exasperating is the combination of stubbornness and apparent apathy.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.