Is It Time For A New Coach NOW

sabrefanday1

22 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That'd be sort of sweet, tbh.

Agreed 100% re the balance.

And speaking of balance, what he looks like early in his career has to be balanced against the contract he got. Bc at this point it's farcical, to quote Al Michaels.

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

1. the Sabres aren't leaving

2.  Even if the Sabres left, they'd put another franchise in Buffalo.  The market isn't nearly the smallest in the NHL and it has one of the highest TV ratings.  In addition, the Buffalo/Toronto rivalry is great for hockey.

3. I was just commenting on a way to move on from TP and get a new and better product for Buffalo.

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

56 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And speaking of balance, what he looks like early in his career has to be balanced against the contract he got. Bc at this point it's farcical, to quote Al Michaels.

I don't disagree on the contract being ill-advised. Laughably so. But that has everything to do with the people managing the franchise, and very little to do with the player.

What was the rush? The rush to crown him an immediate top-4 stud. The rush to push him into big minutes over the course of a long season. The rush to cement him in the big club's lineup. The rush to pay him huge money over a long term.

What. Was. The. Rush.

The more I reflect on it, the more I conclude that Adams is a greenhorn and a rube. Not that I particularly care for this sort of sentiment (because, in general, I say eff what others think), but I think it's fair to guess that his roster management is being laughed at in NHL circles.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I don't disagree on the contract being ill-advised. Laughably so. But that has everything to do with the people managing the franchise, and very little to do with the player.

What was the rush? The rush to crown him an immediate top-4 stud. The rush to push him into big minutes over the course of a long season. The rush to cement him in the big club's lineup. The rush to pay him huge money over a long term.

What. Was. The. Rush.

The more I reflect on it, the more I conclude that Adams is a greenhorn and a rube. Not that I particularly care for this sort of sentiment (because, in general, I say eff what others think), but I think it's fair to guess that his roster management is being laughed at in NHL circles.

Is he a hayseed tho?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

a greenhorn and a rube.

That would explain Pegula’s attraction to KA.  Pegula has been described on these pages as a rube by several, myself and likely you included.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

That would explain Pegula’s attraction to KA.  Pegula has been described on these pages as a rube by several, myself and likely you included.

Hmm. Interesting. Birds of a feather?

I've previously theorized that Pegula's rubish nature made him an easy mark for bamboozlers like Rex Ryan and RaKru (tm pending @PASabreFan).

I had not considered that he'd be attracted to those same qualities himself. Maybe so.

P.S. I have a vague memory that it was Kim who advanced Adams' cause, since he was, at that time, working the business side of Harborcenter (??).

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I've previously theorized that Pegula's rubish nature made him an easy mark for bamboozlers like Rex Ryan and RaKru (tm pending @PASabreFan).

And maybe ol' Cliffy? 

I'd trade a case of Blue Light for a copy of that picture of Cliff taken at that facility opening event where Cliff was shown weirdly  (hauntingly) peering in through a doorway.

(Whither @Ghost of Dwight Drane.)

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I told her to aim for better clientele, apparently she listened.  

You win.

26 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Greenway is useless.

I really thought the Greenway Mitts Benson line would do good things too. Seemed like a good combination of size and skill. 

19 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

2.  Even if the Sabres left, they'd put another franchise in Buffalo.  The market isn't nearly the smallest in the NHL and it has one of the highest TV ratings.  In addition, the Buffalo/Toronto rivalry is great for hockey.

Quebec would like a word.

2 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

This was probably already discussed but any thoughts on if Appert being called up is a tryout to replace DG? 

If so he didn't pass the audition.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So would Winnipeg.  Oops, they got a second team.

Populations:  Buffalo metro - 1.2 million, Winnipeg Metro 845K, Quebec City Metro 840K.

Ok, but who is paying a one billion dollar expansion fee to house a team here? Also, Winnipeg was a relocation, so that’s different.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

You win.

I really thought the Greenway Mitts Benson line would do good things too. Seemed like a good combination of size and skill. 

Mittelstadt with Benson makes sense.  Mittelstadt with Greenway makes sense.  Either can work if they actually have a legit NHLer that can shoot (said legit, please no talk of giving 2 of them Olofsson), but the 3 together is missing 1 major piece - a finisher.

Maybe move Greenway to the Thompson line and Skinner to the Mitts line?

Right now, having brought in a guy to replace Quinn while he was out would be really multiplying its dividends as Greenway could be on the 4th line and the Sabres could be working towards a legit NHL 4th line while still having what should be 3 scoring lines.

They're currently on pace for 73 points. 

If Dan Bylsma can squeeze 81 points out of the 2015-16 Sabres, imagine what he could do with this squad 👀

Edited by pi2000
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On the latest "After the Whistle," Rivet and Peters discuss Sabres coaching and management. They powerfully discuss how Ellis didn't get any credit for last year's top power play and the absolute disgrace of Sabres management passing over the assistants to coach the team in favor of Appert. I think this is by far the best Sabres podcast. They're rude, they're crude and they're good.

Ihttps://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-384-coaching-calling-up/id1590573108?i=1000640341622

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.