Is It Time For A New Coach NOW

sabrefanday1

1 hour ago, Quint said:

On the latest "After the Whistle," Rivet and Peters discuss Sabres coaching and management. They powerfully discuss how Ellis didn't get any credit for last year's top power play and the absolute disgrace of Sabres management passing over the assistants to coach the team in favor of Appert. I think this is by far the best Sabres podcast. They're rude, they're crude and they're good.

Ihttps://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-384-coaching-calling-up/id1590573108?i=1000640341622

The pp last year was trash after the 2 months of getting the half wall one timer or the Ovechkin, through. Once teams took that away, the pp became what it is today. Peter's and Rivet are clueless half the time.

Calling these two "good" and saying how they "powerfully" discuss this is something. The "they powerfully discuss" line reminded me of some of the garbage I see on Twitter. Using language like that reminds me of certain click bait and fear mongering headlines. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, pi2000 said:

They're currently on pace for 73 points. 

If Dan Bylsma can squeeze 81 points out of the 2015-16 Sabres, imagine what he could do with this squad 👀

Currently coaching in the the AHL...  🤔

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just listened to Granato on wgr. If a coach can lose the players, they can lose the fans. Granato has lost me, so disappointed in him. 

I don't care if he's "lost me" but it just seems like he's slipped into Krueger mode:  Platitudes with no substance behind them, saying he knows what needs to be fixed but it's not fixed.  There's a point at which you realize a coach is no longer effective with a group of players and I think that line has been crossed with Granato. 

I really think it comes down to Matt Ellis though.  Their 5v5 numbers aren't awful.  The power play went from being an asset last year to a liability now; the PK went from respectable earlier in the season to a joke now.  If Granato can't make the call to relieve Ellis of those duties, he's not the man for the job.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I don't care if he's "lost me" but it just seems like he's slipped into Krueger mode:  Platitudes with no substance behind them, saying he knows what needs to be fixed but it's not fixed.  There's a point at which you realize a coach is no longer effective with a group of players and I think that line has been crossed with Granato. 

I really think it comes down to Matt Ellis though.  Their 5v5 numbers aren't awful.  The power play went from being an asset last year to a liability now; the PK went from respectable earlier in the season to a joke now.  If Granato can't make the call to relieve Ellis of those duties, he's not the man for the job.

Their 5v5 shooting chances are similar but everything else is way down and that included HD chances. They aren't good. It's not just the pp although that's horrendous. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Just listened to Granato on wgr. If a coach can lose the players, they can lose the fans. Granato has lost me, so disappointed in him. 

It's done. Over.

Nice guy. Capable of being a very good hockey coach in certain high-level settings. I'd even venture to say that he's a good person. I like how he views the game of hockey and, by extension, how he approaches life.

I'd really prefer that Adams exit with him.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The pp last year was trash after the 2 months of getting the half wall one timer or the Ovechkin, through. Once teams took that away, the pp became what it is today. Peter's and Rivet are clueless half the time.

Calling these two "good" and saying how they "powerfully" discuss this is something. The "they powerfully discuss" line reminded me of some of the garbage I see on Twitter. Using language like that reminds me of certain click bait and fear mongering headlines. 

The PP wasn't even good for most of October last year.  It started to get red hot at the end of October (about 2 games before Cozens got moved to the 1st unit) and stayed that way until mid-December.  It was trash before that and trash after that.

Yes, let's give Matt Ellis credit for the PP last year.  Some of us have been doing so since last year.

• Thanks (+1) 2

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

He was what they needed 2 years ago.

It's time to move on, they're ready to take that next step.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Quint said:

On the latest "After the Whistle," Rivet and Peters discuss Sabres coaching and management. They powerfully discuss how Ellis didn't get any credit for last year's top power play and the absolute disgrace of Sabres management passing over the assistants to coach the team in favor of Appert. I think this is by far the best Sabres podcast. They're rude, they're crude and they're good.

Ihttps://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-384-coaching-calling-up/id1590573108?i=1000640341622

14 hours ago, Quint said:

“Powerfully” translates to, they will say controversial things because the Sabres do not pay their salaries.  

Last years power play started good and went to $hit, were it has remained to this day.  Ellis deserves no credit, anyone with a brain knows that.  The power play is the single biggest reason why the Sabres are not in the race.  Listen to what Marty said today, he just broke down all the numbers.  

The disgrace about Appert coming up should be on the assistants, although the management is responsible for them being there, they can all share the disgrace  

Rivet and Peter’s are a clown show.  Good for a chuckle, or when you want to vent. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.