Tage Thompson placed on No Roster List; Practice Lines 12/28

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

and it continues....Hope all is ok with Tage but just seems to be another cursed year..

though, i guess he isn't ruled out for the next game

The Sabres are so unlucky. And those refs. We were tripped six times last night. Only one was called.

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Unless they expect Tage back tomorrow night, they should be practicing

Skinner-Mittelstadt-Tuch
Quinn-Cozens-Peterka
Greenway-Krebs-Benson
Olofsson-Girgs-Okposo

You mean you didn't enjoy seeing Jost centering the top line??

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Skinner-Mittelstadt-Tuch
Quinn-Cozens-Peterka
Greenway-Krebs-Benson
Robinson-Girgs-Okposo

But they probably want VO on the PP I guess 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Quint said:

Boy I hope Tage's wife/child are ok.

My guess is that she went into labor yesterday afternoon but as of all these moves and team announcements the baby hasn't been born yet.  Because of his wife's medical history the family may want to hold off on any announcement until all the details are known.

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

But they probably want VO on the PP I guess 

Yeah, if Tage might be out VO slots in for the PP.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Skinner-Mittelstadt-Tuch
Quinn-Cozens-Peterka
Greenway-Krebs-Benson
Olofsson-Girgs-Okposo

They regularly place one of the lower tier players into a higher slot when a player is having a "maintenance" day and they expect the better player back for the game.  Would expect them to run the normal top 3 lines tomorrow with Girgensons bumping Olofsson out of the lineup.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I know I haven't posted in years but I keep reading you guys. My wife and I have our son in the NICU at Sister's Hospital. Just saw Tage in the lobby getting his parking validated and said hello.

Sister's Hospital is one of the primary Labor & Delivery hospitals in WNY. My educated guess would be his wife went into labor/his absence is baby related.

Wish him well 🙏

I hope all is well for your family, you’ll be in my thoughts. You’re missed around here. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I know I haven't posted in years but I keep reading you guys. My wife and I have our son in the NICU at Sister's Hospital. Just saw Tage in the lobby getting his parking validated and said hello.

Sister's Hospital is one of the primary Labor & Delivery hospitals in WNY. My educated guess would be his wife went into labor/his absence is baby related.

Wish him well 🙏

Thanks for the update.  Hope your boy is doing well (well, as well as a child in the NICU can be doing).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Dumb question....is the Non-roster list something that has a minimum or maximum timeframe or is it completely arbitrary based on the situation?

Nope.  When the player is ready to come back, he comes back.  And if the team was already at 23 players (like the Sabres almost assuredly will be) then some other move must also get made.

Btw, the league (via the CBA) specifically refers to the birth of a child as being a reason for a player to get placed on that list.

Edited by Taro T
  • Thanks (+1) 6

7 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Wish him well 🙏

Praying

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Wish him well 🙏

Hope all is well with you and your family! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.