GDT: Bruins @ Sabres - 7:30 pm, Dec. 27, 2023, TNT/Max📺 WGR 550 AM 📻

Doohickie

2 hours ago, Alaska John said:

Someone explain to me how smart it was to let Linus Ullmark go to the Bruins as a FA.  He's been playing great since he got there (aided no doubt by Boston's great team defense) and it's easy to see how the Sabres would have made the playoffs last year with Ullmark in goal.  

The Sabres weren’t in a position to let him go anywhere. He was a free agent and chose to leave. 

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Ullmark did an interview with Sportsnet Christine Simpson where He said it was time to move with His Career from a personal and professional standpoint. He wasn’t re-signing in Buffalo. 

Adam's mistake was not having a suitable alternative for Him. 

Still not having one.  I like Levi being that guy down the road but he didn't need to punt multi-seasons waiting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SabreFinn said:

Jokiharju scratched for third straight game.... My theory is that there might be a trade coming. Otherwise he would not be eating popcorn instead of playing. Granato is right about his inconsistency but he is not the only bad defender...

Could be just because they have 7 and they did ok the last 2.  There is nothing wrong with having 7 decent defensemen.  Good teams have 7 and 8 and the bottom guys sit out.  

Although I would be happy to see him packaged for a defenseman in return, and one that can play top 4 minutes, and play with a physical stay at home style to compliment Power.    

1 hour ago, SabreFinn said:

Jokiharju scratched for third straight game.... My theory is that there might be a trade coming. Otherwise he would not be eating popcorn instead of playing. Granato is right about his inconsistency but he is not the only bad defender...

Let's be honest, Jokiharju is sitting out because this coaching staff is to chicken ***** to sit Clifton or E. Johnson. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Let's be honest, Jokiharju is sitting out because this coaching staff is to chicken ***** to sit Clifton or E. Johnson. 

Coaching staff, or is it coming down from higher up?  Provided Jokiharju is in fact fully healthy (or as fully healthy as anyone is ~40% into the season) is it necessarily the coaches that have him rated as the 7 or does management believe it will make an already difficult task of bringing in vets via FA or trade nearly impossible if when they actually DO bring in FA's they (more or less) immediately bench them?

Definitely not enamored with some of the decision making of this coaching staff, but that decision could be coming from a different level.

6 hours ago, Alaska John said:

Someone explain to me how smart it was to let Linus Ullmark go to the Bruins as a FA.  He's been playing great since he got there (aided no doubt by Boston's great team defense) and it's easy to see how the Sabres would have made the playoffs last year with Ullmark in goal.  

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.