GDT: Bruins @ Sabres - 7:30 pm, Dec. 27, 2023, TNT/Max📺 WGR 550 AM 📻

Doohickie

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No.  I am surprised you believe this?   Adam’s is all set as long as he will continue to execute the Pegula EEE plan, he will hold his job.  They still have a half dozen prospects to try to rush into the NHL in the next year or two.  That is the plan because no one of any consequence will come to play for Buffalo.   None of this plan has anything to do with winning those games you mentioned, or even making the playoffs this season.  None of it matters.  Pegula prefers to have no more turnover but he might get rid of DG if he absolutely has to.    Fan unrest might push that along.  

This is not an organization that wants to win.  Do you know what the last straw was on the Blues firing Betube?   It was their 6-4 home win against Buffalo.  The owner had a fit because Buffalo tied the game and totally outplayed his team for about 40 minutes.  Berube called a timeout and the Blues scored two quickies but the owner knew they barely beat a bad team with an AHL goalie (UPL), and he saw a pattern that teams were dictating their game to his team in his arena.   He was afraid the team was getting soft.  He was afraid of missing the playoffs two years in a row.  Being outplayed by Buffalo, even in a win, was the last straw.  It took him a few days to get the GM on board but the Buffalo game was the end for Berube.  

Terry Pegula is the opposite.  His hockey knowledge is extremely limited, and he overrates himself on top of that.   He runs other businesses that are more important to him than the Sabres.   His wife is ill.  He just wants Adams to keep the status quo while the prospects cook.  

Some companies tolerate mediocrity and others don’t.  It’s kind of that simple.  Customers can almost always tell which is which.

• Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No.  I am surprised you believe this?   Adam’s is all set as long as he will continue to execute the Pegula EEE plan, he will hold his job.  They still have a half dozen prospects to try to rush into the NHL in the next year or two.  That is the plan because no one of any consequence will come to play for Buffalo.   None of this plan has anything to do with winning those games you mentioned, or even making the playoffs this season.  None of it matters.  Pegula prefers to have no more turnover but he might get rid of DG if he absolutely has to.    Fan unrest might push that along.  

This is not an organization that wants to win.  Do you know what the last straw was on the Blues firing Betube?   It was their 6-4 home win against Buffalo.  The owner had a fit because Buffalo tied the game and totally outplayed his team for about 40 minutes.  Berube called a timeout and the Blues scored two quickies but the owner knew they barely beat a bad team with an AHL goalie (UPL), and he saw a pattern that teams were dictating their game to his team in his arena.   He was afraid the team was getting soft.  He was afraid of missing the playoffs two years in a row.  Being outplayed by Buffalo, even in a win, was the last straw.  It took him a few days to get the GM on board but the Buffalo game was the end for Berube.  

Terry Pegula is the opposite.  His hockey knowledge is extremely limited, and he overrates himself on top of that.   He runs other businesses that are more important to him than the Sabres.   His wife is ill.  He just wants Adams to keep the status quo while the prospects cook.  

You shouldn’t be surprised @Pimlach… I’m a pragmatist… Like I said, just my 2 cents… 

Don’t know what Pegula wants… Do know Adams charmed Pegula to get the job with no GM experience… Not working so far…

Remember, Associate GM Jason Karmanos is an experienced Stanley Cup hockey executive… having existing relationships with the NHL, the Pegula’s, the Sabres staff and players after a couple years here… who can step in tomorrow as an interim or permanent replacement for Adams… 

Don’t know how he is valued in-house, though.

The next handful of games matter plenty, I believe… If we lose these upcoming games, terminations of one or more will happen, imo. You can say you told me so if I’m wrong…

Hopefully we win them all and set a new consecutive win streak for the season to build on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Agree totally. I admit I had hopes for KA and DG. No longer do I and my hope for our ownership dwindled about four years into his reign. Don't remember lasting all the way through too many games in quite a while. Pretty much don't care all that much anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Pimlach said:

It’s not.  Winning is not a priority.  Winning someday is their plan. They tell us that all the time, we just don’t pick up on it.  

Who doesn’t?😂

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Terrible.

That's all.  That's the post.

It was enough. Good job.

As soon as I see someone complain about Okposo I check out. He does more with his slow ass old body than half the other guys do with their youth and speed.

And I just don’t understand what they are thinking when they enter the zone (actually everywhere on the ice). Instead of driving up the boards, as soon as they cross the blue line they lay a pizza (Hawaiian pizza as Panger noted) right to the center of the ice to get picked off for an odd man rush often

This team is terrible. It’s a bunch of perimeter passing (poorly), no hit, reaching. They all need to lower their stances and at least look like they are trying. Dahlin is getting by on his pure ability. He needs to dig in more and stop being so pretty.

Power,… oof.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Who doesn’t?😂

It was enough. Good job.

As soon as I see someone complain about Okposo I check out. He does more with his slow ass old body than half the other guys do with their youth and speed.

And I just don’t understand what they are thinking when they enter the zone (actually everywhere on the ice). Instead of driving up the boards, as soon as they cross the blue line they lay a pizza (Hawaiian pizza as Panger noted) right to the center of the ice to get picked off for an odd man rush often

This team is terrible. It’s a bunch of perimeter passing (poorly), no hit, reaching. They all need to lower their stances and at least look like they are trying. Dahlin is getting by on his pure ability. He needs to dig in more and stop being so pretty.

Power,… oof.

Okposo has stolen more money from the Sabres than anyone besides Ehrhoff. He never contributed even when we had Eichel, O”Reily and Kane. He should’ve left with that group 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

2 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

Curious to hear what players/coaches said during post game.

Pretty sure this year was playoffs or bust. I don’t see them keeping Granato past end of January if this keeps up 

There is nothing I’d rather hear less than what they have to say after a loss.  I find the whole exercise pointless and without value.  Is something they are going to say going to change the outcome of the game?  Unless it’s Adams telling us Don is fired, there is nothing that can come out of their pit holes that means anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

Marty Biron (on Sabres Live) second guessing the decision to go with Jost on FL#1.  He mentioned Mitts as #1C, draw in Robinson and not Jost, for energy.  Robinson to play on 3/4. Curious on how Granato was hell bent on changing lines the first quarter + this year and last night, was the exact opposite. Almost like he had Jost playing center to avoid changing lines 2-4.  Couple this with Meatballs comments on WGR where he attributed the return of Quinn and Greenway to success against Toronto, allowing his 3rd line to dominate a third pairing defense for the opposition.  Really?  Is that how they will win games?  His logic is flawed and needs to go.  Understanding he probably lasts until they are eliminated early or spiral in January.  
 Terry needs to sell the majority stake, a la Mark Cuban.  Find a partner that compliments his needs, which is Hockey Operations. 

While we certainly are erratic this year, we have missed key players and apparently tired to change the team's style from last year of attack at all cost which clearly did not work (they claim they are slowlly going back to what worked last year). While it sucks to lolse, it is not like other teams are not without their own struggles...Mathews is scoring so much he is liable to score 100 yet the leafs lose to us 9-3 and then lose to Ottawa 4-2 last night. Colorado loses again last night; NYI lose at home 7-0 to Pittsburg. If we were the only team struggling at times I guess I would be more concerned. The league is getting more and more competitive and it is hard to win consistently. No team is on any sort of winning streak. Oh Vegas lost again too. All these struggling teams are not going to fire their coach.

Levi is clearly the future and is slowly gaining much needed experience. If we had him last year we would have made the playoffs. Sucks we were so close...    

• Vomit 1

18 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

While we certainly are erratic this year, we have missed key players and apparently tired to change the team's style from last year of attack at all cost which clearly did not work (they claim they are slowlly going back to what worked last year). While it sucks to lolse, it is not like other teams are not without their own struggles...Mathews is scoring so much he is liable to score 100 yet the leafs lose to us 9-3 and then lose to Ottawa 4-2 last night. Colorado loses again last night; NYI lose at home 7-0 to Pittsburg. If we were the only team struggling at times I guess I would be more concerned. The league is getting more and more competitive and it is hard to win consistently. No team is on any sort of winning streak. Oh Vegas lost again too. All these struggling teams are not going to fire their coach.

Levi is clearly the future and is slowly gaining much needed experience. If we had him last year we would have made the playoffs. Sucks we were so close...    

Vegas is 21-10-5 even after losing 4 straight. Are you comparing them to the Sabres?

14 hours ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Sabres aren’t going to move to Salt Lake City because mainly it’s in the Western Conference. But also there are larger television markets with more affluent markets with money like Houston and Atlanta. The problem with moving the Sabres out of Buffalo is that the NHL owners lose a market that they can get a huge expansion fee from. Also it ends Terry Pegula’s Buffalo Bills ownership most likely. Terry Pegula never overcomes that as a Buffalo Bills owner being the person that sends Buffalo’s major hockey franchise out of town. Trust me Terry Pegula isn’t doing that. Now could Terry Pegula find a place holder owner that buys the Buffalo Sabres keeps them in Buffalo for awhile so he can say it wasn’t me possibly. But Buffalo and New York State politicians will want Terry Pegula out of the Buffalo Bills ownership and I am sure New York State will lean on him to sell the Buffalo Bills to another owner like Washington politicians did to Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder. It’s not that simple for Terry Pegula to sell the Sabres down the River and keep the Bills also.

Like I said the only way Terry Pegula can possibly do it if he finds a placeholder ownership for the Buffalo Sabres like the Buffalo Braves owner Paul Snyder did with John Y. Brown. Buffalo fans still blamed Paul Snyder for moving the Buffalo Braves anyway when technically he didn’t move them John Y. Brown did. Also the difference is Paul Snyder didn’t own another Buffalo professional franchise at the same time so he could drop back into the Buffalo business world, not talk about the NBA Buffalo Braves until recently and Paul Snyder is in his 80’s. Terry Pegula isn’t going to be able to continue as Buffalo Bills owner he will have to sell all three Buffalo franchises the Buffalo Bills, Sabres and Buffalo Bandits if he plans on selling the Buffalo Sabres out of town. Just holding onto the money losing Rochester franchises because there aren’t enough fans in Rochester that care to even notice Terry Pegula as owner of the Rochester sports franchises in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Terry has already irreparably damaged this hockey fan base and it has had absolutely zero, zilch, nada, no impact on his NFL product. He has more or less ruined the Sabres brand and I will be attending the Pats game this weekend. The NFL doesn't care either. It is myopic to think anybody cares about hockey enough to even put a dent in the monster that is the NFL.

If the Bills win a championship and Terry sells the team to be able to "focus on Kim" the city will tuck their tale between its legs and continue to show up in droves all over the world. Hell, if the team doesn't win a championship and he quits because he needs to commit more time to a single franchise in order to win one the city will love him for it. 

Hell, a measurable portion of this board is calling for Terry to sell the team. And these are people who prefer the Sabres to the Bills. 

The Sabres have some of the worst attendance numbers in the NHL. But some of the best TV viewership. This city likes watching other peoples hockey teams, but doesn't have a product to support. In theory removing the team doesn't change the TV viewership short term. 

Now if the Bills take a nose dive? Then I think the city sharpens its pitch forks towards Pegula. 

19 hours ago, inkman said:

Not sure how old you are but this is easily the oldest old man ***** I’ve ever said. 😀

I was a young kid when the Sabres came to be in 1970 so I am old. 😂 I have been told on more than one occasion that I look younger than my years...and I certainly act it...but I am old nonetheless.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/27/2023 at 8:13 PM, LGR4GM said:

Love this tune; the opening guitar riff, lyrics, drumming,...all of it! I was not aware of these guys. This is now in the top ten of my playlist that I listen to each morning when I get my walking in. So, thank you for posting it! One never knows where or when he may stumble across a previously hidden gem, completely by serendipity. May a similar fortuitousness bless our beloved hockey team!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.