GDT: Sabres @ Rangers - November 27, 2023 - 7:00PM, MSG-B/ESPN+📺 WGR📻

Doohickie

1 hour ago, TheAud said:

Buffalo pro sports have me too beaten down at the moment. I am taking this one off tonight. Good luck to the team, and to the poor souls who watch it. 

I wish someone in the Sabres organization could read this. No clearer sign of the ongoing, abject misery this team has bestowed upon its fans. Forget getting fannies in the seats at KBC. People won't even bother watching from the comfort of their own living room. 

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We are 3 points back of WC2, but the Leafs have 2 games in hand so it’s more like ~5 points. 5 points out, with a further 3 teams sandwiched in between.

It’s…not ideal. We aren’t at “must win” yet but realistically, kinda? The chances of us having a *good* chance are quickly eroding 

Can’t afford to stack non-wins anymore 

It’s the number of teams we need to leapfrog that is really going to become unmanageable.  Out pointing “one” team has its own difficulty. Out pointing 4 teams?  The difficulty ratchets up considerably.

1 minute ago, Weave said:

It’s the number of teams we need to leapfrog that is really going to become unmanageable.  Out pointing “one” team has its own difficulty. Out pointing 4 teams?  The difficulty ratchets up considerably.

Because of the tank 

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

You OK?

I can only argue under the prism of the consensus: be it for, or against 

I only care about internal logical consistency. We can operate under the idea that we’ve needed near perfection since the tank to right the ship, but then sentiment should reflect that 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I can only argue under the prism of the consensus: be it for, or against 

I only care about internal logical consistency. We can operate under the idea that we’ve needed near perfection since the tank to right the ship, but then sentiment should reflect that 

Thorny, you’re my guy.  Carrying conceptual disagreements into conversations that have nothing to do with the disagreement isn’t cool.  Imma back off.  You are too emotionally invested presently.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Weave said:

Thorny, you’re my guy.  Carrying conceptual disagreements into conversations that have nothing to do with the disagreement isn’t cool.  Imma back off.  You are too emotionally invested presently.

I am aware of the online trend of insinuating a position you disagree with is therefore grounded in emotion and is also therefore not valid. I’d argue neither of those is an accurate stance.

One might have a lot to say on the subject because they are emotional, they may also have a lot to say merely because they are correct. In other cases, the emotion is grounded in adherence to a belief rather than a lack of logical clarity

- - - 

“you ok?”

”you mad bro?”

”so emotional”

..150 characters, internet 101.

Edited by Thorny

Well, I went to that debacle of a game in Newark on Sat. night and am not going to spend probably 3x more to go to MSG tonight.

I'll probably watch the game, but it's not a certainty.

I'm starting to feel like I felt in about year 14 of the Bills' playoff drought -- like until they make some fundamental changes, they aren't going to be a real NHL team, and it's just not worth the time or the missed opportunities to do other, more enjoyable things.

The key difference, and the reason that I'm not already out the door, is that the Bills weren't trying, but I think the Sabres still are.

That Bills game last night sure didn't help.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I don't need to be a math major to know if there are 5 teams in your own division you have no prayer of finishing ahead of you have a 0% chance of making the playoffs. This season is dead and buried with a tombstone over it as the Yzerplan worked while Vibezzzzzz went down like the Titanic.

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

We currently hate the Sabres and don’t know what to do with ourselves.  

Fear (of losing) leads to anger. Anger (at the players/coach) leads to hate. Hate (at the franchise) leads to suffering of the self as a fan.

Just now, JohninMinn. said:

I'm down to hoping they keep it close and one of the teenagers gets a goal.

By sheer numbers, someone under 21 years old is likely to score a goal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I don't need to be a math major to know if there are 5 teams in your own division you have no prayer of finishing ahead of you have a 0% chance of making the playoffs. This season is dead and buried with a tombstone over it as the Yzerplan worked while Vibezzzzzz went down like the Titanic.

The feelgood style rarely works.  Dusty Baker might be an exception, but he has great authority based on his history.  Not working so well for Aaron Boone of the Yankees.  Young player need room to grow, but also discipline and expectations.  Not seeing this from Granato and his truly putrid staff (Matty Ellis looks like someone looking for directions on a map and has no idea how to use a navigator).

Edited by steveoat87
addition

40 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

like until they make some fundamental changes, they aren't going to be a real NHL team, and it's just not worth the time or the missed opportunities to do other, more enjoyable things.

Seven months ago I felt that the Sabres had made those fundamental changes.  Now I'm not so sure.

18 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Fear (of losing) leads to anger. Anger (at the players/coach) leads to hate. Hate (at the franchise) leads to suffering of the self as a fan.

By sheer numbers, someone under 21 years old is likely to score a goal.

-Sabres are on the road

-short travel/didn’t play yesterday

-UPL in net

-trap game for the Rangers in between Boston and Detroit.

-mounting statistical evidence that we are a close to a .500 hockey club, that tends to alternate between wins and losses 

-im biased

-82 game season means randomness 

.. I think the Sabres have a shot today, just like yesterday I said the Bills had a good shot, on the road, even against the league’s best team by record. They did. But the also blew it.

But I think they have a good shot in truth 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.