GDT: Sabres @ Jets - November 17, 2023 - 8PM, 📺MSG-B/NHLN

SabresBaltimore

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I would still prefer Cozens and Mitts swapped.  Maybe Donny Meatballs feels this will lift Cozens up.

I haven't heard about any roster moves.... has Levi been sent down to Rochester on paper?

Mee too. I would also prefer Krebs and Jost switched. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I think Benson gets his first tonight. Gotta imagine he'll have some family and friends in attendance.

Are we going to use "The Butler Did It" when he scores? I apologize if this has been previously discussed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Stads said:

Are we going to use "The Butler Did It" when he scores? I apologize if this has been previously discussed

No.

And, yes.

It was a discussion that went from deranged to whatever is worse than deranged.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

12 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Is @Brawndo actually working today?  Vacation maybe?

Where is the lineup post?

It was posted above but here

From sabres.com

Here’s how the group lined up Friday morning:

Forwards

53 Jeff Skinner – 24 Dylan Cozens – 89 Alex Tuch

9 Zach Benson – 37 Casey Mittelstadt – 77 JJ Peterka

12 Jordan Greenway – 17 Tyson Jost – 71 Victor Olofsson

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 19 Peyton Krebs – 21 Kyle Okposo

Defensemen

26 Rasmus Dahlin – 23 Mattias Samuelsson

33 Ryan Johnson – 25 Owen Power

75 Connor Clifton – 6 Erik Johnson

Goalies

31 Eric Comrie

1 Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Even with the 2 game losing streak, this team is 4-3-1 in its last 8.

If he is actually healthy, expecting Comrie gets tonight's start.  Granato likes to let guys get action against teams they have history with.

What are they in their last 9?

The Sabres may have had their best game of the season last year in Winnipeg, they held the puck in the Jets end for nearly the entirety of the first 2 periods (with Hellebuyck standing on his head to keep it close).

Hopefully a repeat - the Sabres have had pretty reasonable success in Winnipeg lately 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The Sabres may have had their best game of the season last year in Winnipeg, they held the puck in the Jets end for nearly the entirety of the first 2 periods (with Hellebuyck standing on his head to keep it close).

Hopefully a repeat - the Sabres have had pretty reasonable success in Winnipeg lately 

Alright, you convinced me to stream it. You’re on the hook if this is a waste of time. 

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Alright, you convinced me to stream it. You’re on the hook if this is a waste of time. 

That’s fair.

We are also 20% of the way through the season. Sticking around the .500 we’ve established so far wouldn’t be surprising and that means a big W today 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

No

I planned to. The person I was supposed to go with who has seasons ended up not being able make it, though. I suppose I should have gone, it’s been a while since I’ve missed. But I don’t particularly want to shell out the cash to see them right now (even if I had it lol).

Also realistically beers on tap, in addition to tasting like plastic for some reason are like 35 dollars a pop. So, that’s probably the real reason let’s be real for a second here 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.