Connor Clifton gets a Two Game Suspension from DOPS

Brawndo

4 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Suspend him for the year. Save us from his awful play please. Bring back Stillman

I liked Clifton but he really looks like a 3rd pair at best, a 6/7,  just like in Boston.  The notion he could be top 4 is wrong.

I liked the toughness. I liked that he moved people out off of the screen.  I though he was solid on PK.  I liked the fact that opposing forwards were getting hit.  

Some of those deflected goals off of him are just bad luck, as was the uncalled  trip.  

Now we go back to Bryson doing stick checks but with no reach at all.  Pick your poison.  Pray that EJ can cover for him. 

3 hours ago, pastajoe said:

I’d actually prefer the rookie Ryan Johnson.

Why?  Preseason play is over.  Let him work and get good in the AHL.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

• Brawndo changed the title to Connor Clifton gets a Two Game Suspension from DOPS
43 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Preseason is over for Benson as well. It would just be a couple of games and then they’d send him back.

Benson actually made the team out of preseason.  He may not stay here, but he has made it very hard to get sent back to Juniors.  If they send him back I am ok with it too.   Benson will get stronger and he will be fine.   Right now I prefer him over VO.  

Johnson looked good in preseason.   I understand he is doing ok in Rochester so far, but not their best defensemen yet.  He might get called because he is waiver exempt.  

Edited by Pimlach

6 hours ago, Weave said:

Does anyone know if Clifton is a repeat offender, or if this is his first hearing?

First in 240 game NHL career according to AP report.

https://apnews.com/article/sabres-connor-clifton-suspended-devils-nico-hischier-832963534ed0ccb1cf6a9a90d9fea8cb

Edited by Believer

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

Ya, obvious suspension obvious. 

Was hoping maybe he’d only get a game because he was kicked out so early yesterday… alas

Yeah, a 2 game suspension is pretty much the correct call. 

But, just like the delay of game early in the 3rd on the Sabres last night was the correct call; having it happen so quickly after the rules were ignored and the Sabres opponent DIDN'T receive the non-discretionary punishment just makes it seem like the league and the refs do have it in for the Sabres.  (They don't, but #### when Tkachuk doesn't suffer his automatic 1 game suspension for instigating a fight in the last 5 minutes one game before and the Devils' D-man avoids the sin bin for launching the puck skyward while hitting nothing but net one minute before, it sure feels like they do.)

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.