GDT - Montréal @ Buffalo - Monday, October 23, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - MSG (?) & WGR - RMNH (SportsNet TV - CANADA) & SportsNet+ (pirate satellite)

Sabres Fan in NS

4 hours ago, French Collection said:

Definitely a different crowd.

I talked to a guy at the forum years ago and he knew everything about every Habs player but the rest of the league was a mystery except for Gretzky and Lemieux. When I said I was from Ontario he asked me who was playing for the Leafs that year.

I imagine the internet has helped inform some of them there are 31 other teams with decent players spread out amongst them.

My Doctor is from Montreal,  he lives for hockey.  He tells me the reason Buffalo doesn't win is our players have to many teeth. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

It’s weird my optimism for the Sabres is going up and the Bills is going down

That's not weird at all, for anyone with functioning eyesight.  The Bills have looked terrible for 3 games in a row and have lost the guts of their defense.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

4-1 Montreal

Wrong. 5-1.

5 hours ago, Shoot da Puck said:

I used to attend games in Montreal but the stupid fans jump to their feet every time a Canadian player has the puck. It's crazy, up and down, up and down, you can't even see the game

-pass

Game Of Games Omg GIF by NBC

You must love Sabres games at home. People don't even stand for goals.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Wrong. 5-1.

You don't believe this do you?   

Sabres will win it 6-3 and our fans will be happy. 

Here is a picture of Montreal's top prospect, Pierre LaPuck, working on his breakaways.   

falls jon glaser GIF by truTV

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I used to get gifted tickets in the oranges back in the 90s by a STH who had his seats near a dear friend of mine. He always provided the same written instruction (written on the envelope containing the ticket(s)): Enjoy. Don't forget: Stand up when we score.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I used to get gifted tickets in the oranges back in the 90s by a STH who had his seats near a dear friend of mine. He always provided the same written instruction (written on the envelope containing the ticket(s)): Enjoy. Don't forget: Stand up when we score.

Standing in the oranges, or were they The Oranges, was dangerous.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

To me this one's really important. We see if they bring the same intensity and physicality they brought in the red and black last game. If they bring that same game again they should win and maybe even dominate. But will they? I think the answer to that question will tell us a lot about how this season might go. 

Eric Comrie will make his second straight start in goal for the Buffalo Sabres when they host the Montreal Canadiens at KeyBank Center on Monday.

Comrie made 24 saves and carried a shutout late into the third period of the Sabres’ 3-1 win over the New York Islanders on Saturday, his season debut. Devon Levi had started the first four games of the season but is currently nursing a lower-body injury.

“[Comrie] was real good Saturday and earned it today, really,” Sabres coach Don Granato said. “... He should be very confident going in with the work he put in.”

Coverage on MSG begins at 6:30 p.m. with faceoff scheduled for 7 on MSG and WGR 550. The game will be broadcast on NHL Network outside of the Buffalo market.

Montreal defeated Washington 3-2 on Saturday on the strength of a 31-save performance from Jake Allen and an overtime goal from Cole Caufield.

Caufield has notched at least a point in each of the Canadiens’ first four games. He leads Montreal with five points and is tied with offseason addition Alex Newhook with a team-high three goals.

Allen is expected to start in goal.

20 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 19 years… and when the Sabres score… Everybody around me (who can) stands and applauds and cheers. And I mean everybody. And that’s every game, every goal ,every year that I’ve been going to Sabres games. 

So the Sabres are down 5-0 with 5 minutes to go, they score, and everyone around you is up and cheering the goal?

Call me skeptical.   More likely scenario, most are already in their cars and halfway home at that point. 

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

So the Sabres are down 5-0 with 5 minutes to go, they score, and everyone around you is up and cheering the goal?

Call me skeptical.   More likely scenario, most are already in their cars and halfway home at that point. 

OK… In those extremely extremely extremely extremely rare circumstances where they are down 5-0 with five minutes to go… You are right, not everybody stands. 

😂

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520rjesjm58li6i2bk1d

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

OK… In those extremely extremely extremely extremely rare circumstances where they are down 5-0 with five minutes to go… You are right, not everybody stands. 

😂

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520rjesjm58li6i2bk1d

My personal experience(was STH from early 2000’s to just before Covid)…

there are people everywhere in the arena who only get out of their seat to get something to eat/drink or go to the bathroom.   The exceptions…late game or OT GWG. 

Chet and Muffy are everywhere.  😂

26 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

We see if they bring the same intensity and physicality they brought in the red and black last game.

Mindset… They know what to do…

DG needs to send them out flying… shooting… charging the net… and playing defense… There are no excuses…

Looking forward to seeing the lines… 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Believer said:

Mindset… They know what to do…

DG needs to send them out flying… shooting… charging the net… and playing defense… There are no excuses…

Looking forward to seeing the lines… 

Yup, but we showed that in spurts last year too. What we need to see this year is that same commitment  every night so that it can become a team ethic and identity. If the Islander game was a one off we are in trouble. Really hoping we bring it. Hate Montreal. Always have always will. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.