GDT - Montréal @ Buffalo - Monday, October 23, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - MSG (?) & WGR - RMNH (SportsNet TV - CANADA) & SportsNet+ (pirate satellite)

Sabres Fan in NS

it looks like the game will be on MSG-B for anyone in market, but NHL Network for anyone else in the US out of market. I assume it's not going to be on ESPN+, but I can't check from work.

I'm curious who will start in net tonight. If Levi is good to go tomorrow, I'd go with Comrie again tonight. If he can't, I'd play UPL tonight and keep Comrie for the Sens tomorrow.

I wonder if Benson will be back as well. I'd guess he'll be keeping with the new lines from Saturday.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's Go, Buffalo!

The league did Buffalo a favour with a Monday game (oof), but an Original 6 opponent from Canada. There will be a LOT of red in the arena. It should be a pretty evenly split crowd.

I'll be in the house with the Chets and Muffys - rattling my jewelry.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

it looks like the game will be on MSG-B for anyone in market, but NHL Network for anyone else in the US out of market. I assume it's not going to be on ESPN+, but I can't check from work.

I'm curious who will start in net tonight. If Levi is good to go tomorrow, I'd go with Comrie again tonight. If he can't, I'd play UPL tonight and keep Comrie for the Sens tomorrow.

I wonder if Benson will be back as well. I'd guess he'll be keeping with the new lines from Saturday.

I don't know why (I seem to remember that they used to show the local TV last year) the NHL does not show the MSG+ TV thing.  It's also on CBC (RDS) French Radio Canada - yous would need pirate satellite outside of Québec for that.

+++++

I would play Comrie tonight regardless.  If Levi can't go tomorrow I'd play UPL in Ottawa.

The Habs should not be a playoff contender but this is no reason to underestimate them. Buffalo squandered many points last year versus opponents below them in the standings.

I look for Tuch to get going tonight and Peterka to have a strong game.

I would like to see Comrie start again, ride the hottest hand.

Get a couple early and shut their fans up. Show them who the better team is from the get go.

Let’s go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

As long as UPL isn't in net, it shouldn't matter if it's Comrie or Levi. The most important aspect is that we play the type of team defense we displayed Saturday against the Isles. The team's energy was high, we were physical and the forechecking was excellent. We need to continue to pepper their goalie and crash the net. Keep it simple and don't get cute. If we play as we can, this is a 4-1 win. I hope Meatballs keeps the same line-up except Benson in for VO! I look for Mitts to continue his playmaking ways and Tuch, TNT, Dahlin, and Benson (if he plays) to get the goals. If Benson is out, Perterka gets another!!! Go Sabres!!!

This is a succinct summary of what the Sabres need to do in order to succeed (make the playoffs) this season.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Shoot da Puck said:

I used to attend games in Montreal but the stupid fans jump to their feet every time a Canadian player has the puck. It's crazy

Game Of Games Omg GIF by NBC

Definitely a different crowd.

I talked to a guy at the forum years ago and he knew everything about every Habs player but the rest of the league was a mystery except for Gretzky and Lemieux. When I said I was from Ontario he asked me who was playing for the Leafs that year.

I imagine the internet has helped inform some of them there are 31 other teams with decent players spread out amongst them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.