GDT: Sabres @ Islanders - October 14, 2023 - 7:30PM, MSG-B/MSGSN/ESPN+📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

Just now, SwampD said:

Another game this year the Sabres didn’t deserve to win.

The only positive is that it looks like we actually have a goalie.

You can forget about sharing the lotto numbers, I know what they'd be worth.

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

At this point I wouldn’t oppose different combinations of the top six. Two games in and they are irrelevant as is. Don’t touch the bottom six though. 

I think I fought Krebs centering both the first and second line and both had great shifts. 

There’s some sloppiness. There’s some defensive gaffes.

I’ve been happy with Greenway, Mitts, Benson. And our top 3 D had a better night than the Rangers. We have shown a bit more physicality.

My biggest frustration is that the top 6 have sucked. I’d be curious to maybe shift some lines. 

• Like (+1) 1

Every player making more than 5 million dollars on this team is so disappointing. I don't need 10 goals from each of them instantaneously, but they are all playing so poorly. It is inexcusable for Tage, Skinner, Cozens to play like this. These guys are standing in concrete, and lean on their sticks with the strength of someone in elementary school. 

Power isn't disappointing me at all. this is how it works when you're a 20 year old defenseman. Flashes of good things, wild roller coaster rides with INSANE lows, like getting walked by a geriatric Kyle Palmeiri, horrible giveaways pinching with no support. But you CANNOT have an 8 million dollar guy doing that. INSANITY. Kevyn, you guys have done NOTHING yet!!

0-2-0 coming to face Tampa. You can't just decide that you've made it when the sun is shining 14 hours per day. You have to actually show up. 

Levi hasn't been a PROBLEM. But he has been a young goalie, and has done nothing to make me think our issues back there are remotely close to being solved. He's so young too. Young players ride the rollercoaster, it is inescapable, and we have way too many guys in important spots riding that ride to start a season that is so important. 

We are already close to things getting out of hand. Tampa is one of the best teams in the world, and 0-3-0 with 3 losses to 3 teams we will be chasing is rapidly approaching a catastrophic start. Is there any reason I should not be extremely worried about the whose hands we are in to steady this? 

• Agree 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Every player making more than 5 million dollars on this team is so disappointing. I don't need 10 goals from each of them instantaneously, but they are all playing so poorly. It is inexcusable for Tage, Skinner, Cozens to play like this. These guys are standing in concrete, and lean on their sticks with the strength of someone in elementary school. 

Power isn't disappointing me at all. this is how it works when you're a 20 year old defenseman. Flashes of good things, wild roller coaster rides with INSANE lows, like getting walked by a geriatric Kyle Palmeiri, horrible giveaways pinching with no support. But you CANNOT have an 8 million dollar guy doing that. INSANITY. Kevyn, you guys have done NOTHING yet!!

0-2-0 coming to face Tampa. You can't just decide that you've made it when the sun is shining 14 hours per day. You have to actually show up. 

Levi hasn't been a PROBLEM. But he has been a young goalie, and has done nothing to make me think our issues back there are remotely close to being solved. He's so young too. Young players ride the rollercoaster, it is inescapable, and we have way too many guys in important spots riding that ride to start a season that is so important. 

We are already close to things getting out of hand. Tampa is one of the best teams in the world, and 0-3-0 with 3 losses to 3 teams we will be chasing is rapidly approaching a catastrophic start. Is there any reason I should not be extremely worried about the whose hands we are in to steady this? 

Owen Power isn't making 8 million dollars

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He is not on that big contract and we are aware that he is 20 years old.  Don’t say he is slacking off.  He is young and learning fast. . 

I think his point isn’t that he isn’t living up to it, merely that he hasn’t come close to earning it yet. 

of course, that’s sort of fundamentally baked into the deal: we are banking a lot on what he WILL be. I just think it’s a little optically “scary” in a sense in that there’s no point pretending it’s not rather on the trailblazing and pioneering end to see a guy get THAT much SO soon with so little committed to record 

for me, being a first overall pick does help me feel more comfortable about it. Plus, if he falls short, it won’t be by much 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He is not on that big contract and we are aware that he is 20 years old.  Don’t say he is slacking off.  He is young and learning fast. . 

I am very careful to not criticize his play in a vacuum. He is doing remarkable things for his age. It's not his fault that he has to ride that ride as the 2nd most important defenseman on a team desperate to make the playoffs.

Another slow start… Another hole… 

The last guys who speak to the team before they hit the ice should have them flying from the start…

It should be the Head Coach… and the Captain…

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.