GDT: Sabres @ Islanders - October 14, 2023 - 7:30PM, MSG-B/MSGSN/ESPN+📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

6 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Right now, I would not be against moving Krebs up to the first or second line though.  He at least has a pulse, where many in the top 6 are too sleepy

Agreed. I would elevate Krebs, put Jost between Girgs and Okposo and Olofsson to the bench. 

Not panicking yet though. Today was much better than night one. 

• Like (+1) 1

It aggravates me to no end losing games where we had better chances and yet a questionable goal and the refs lack of calls seems to help bury us. Skinner needs to get going. Tage looked better by the end. Tuch was spotty.

Olofsson must hold an idiot ball for whomever centers him. Mitts last year and Cozens this year looks inept.

3rd line played great, Benson certainly showing why he’s here.

4th line was Krebs and old guys.

Clifton looks shaky and Jokiharju is just unpredictable. The rest played fine.

Levi let in the 1st which wasn’t great but played great the rest of the game.

Again the NHL rule book covers itself in glory. A player "actually controlling" the puck before preceding the puck into the zone is onside. Actual control to me is maintaining control. It's not momentary control. That play was not onside.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Actually, I rescind my last comment. 

Skinner Mitts Tuch

Greenway TT Benson

Peterka Cozens Krebs

KO Girgs VO

I’m tempted to agree here and preseason I would have. But I’d also like to see Greenway-Mitts-Benson progress. 

I swear I saw Krebs subboth Cozens and Thompson on their lines and both came alive.

I’d be tempted to keep the Mitts line together and try Krebs centering the first line (crazy I know). And have Thompson replace VO on Cozens line. 

Just brainstorming. Don’t kill me. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He tanked that line last year. 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Why is olofsson here? 

Because Quinn got hurt and we weren’t proactive 

that’s the actual answer right? It falls under the “hindsight need not apply” things like defensive supplements and backup goalie

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This club, for several seasons in a row suffers the most heartbreaking late in game regulation losses.  Close games that could go to OT.  Not getting at least a losers point from these games are killers. 

YES....it will come back to bite us late in the year, just like last year....1 point shy.

Just now, thewookie1 said:

It aggravates me to no end losing games where we had better chances and yet a questionable goal and the refs lack of calls seems to help bury us. Skinner needs to get going. Tage looked better by the end. Tuch was spotty.

Olofsson must hold an idiot ball for whomever centers him. Mitts last year and Cozens this year looks inept.

3rd line played great, Benson certainly showing why he’s here.

4th line was Krebs and old guys.

Clifton looks shaky and Jokiharju is just unpredictable. The rest played fine.

Levi let in the 1st which wasn’t great but played great the rest of the game.

Idk why any of you are calling the Greenway-Mitts-Benson line the 3rd line, it's not. 

1 minute ago, Believer said:

Another slow start… Another hole… 

The last guys who speak to the team before they hit the ice should have them flying from the start…

It should be the Head Coach… and the Captain…

I’m just curious what winning history Okposo and Granato have? Everyone loves them, but exactly what winning pedigree history do they exactly bring to this franchise?? They have experience but they don’t have experience winning. Big difference in my opinion. 

• Agree 2
  • dislike 1

Just now, Thorny said:

that’s the actual answer right? It falls under the “hindsight need not apply” things like defensive supplements and backup goalie

I’m guessing no one wanted to take Olofsson for anything and it would be hard to justify to the players trading a friend who scored 28 last year for pucks.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billznut said:

I’m just curious what winning history Okposo and Granato have? Everyone loves them, but exactly what winning pedigree history do they exactly bring to this franchise?? They have experience but they don’t have experience winning. Big difference in my opinion. 

Granato has won at every level he's coached so that's his pedigree. Can we not do this? Criticism is fine but don't flat out fling poo at the walls hoping it will stick. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Every player making more than 5 million dollars on this team is so disappointing. I don't need 10 goals from each of them instantaneously, but they are all playing so poorly. It is inexcusable for Tage, Skinner, Cozens to play like this. These guys are standing in concrete, and lean on their sticks with the strength of someone in elementary school. 

Power isn't disappointing me at all. this is how it works when you're a 20 year old defenseman. Flashes of good things, wild roller coaster rides with INSANE lows, like getting walked by a geriatric Kyle Palmeiri, horrible giveaways pinching with no support. But you CANNOT have an 8 million dollar guy doing that. INSANITY. Kevyn, you guys have done NOTHING yet!!

0-2-0 coming to face Tampa. You can't just decide that you've made it when the sun is shining 14 hours per day. You have to actually show up. 

Levi hasn't been a PROBLEM. But he has been a young goalie, and has done nothing to make me think our issues back there are remotely close to being solved. He's so young too. Young players ride the rollercoaster, it is inescapable, and we have way too many guys in important spots riding that ride to start a season that is so important. 

We are already close to things getting out of hand. Tampa is one of the best teams in the world, and 0-3-0 with 3 losses to 3 teams we will be chasing is rapidly approaching a catastrophic start. Is there any reason I should not be extremely worried about the whose hands we are in to steady this? 

The Bengals made the SB after an 0-2 start and that represented 13% of their season. The Sabres can overcome 0-2 over 82

don’t worry, I got you 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, thewookie1 said:

I’m guessing no one wanted to take Olofsson for anything and it would be hard to justify to the players trading a friend who scored 28 last year for pucks.

If this statement here is true, Adams needs to grow up. He's gonna have to trade friends and he needs to identify and remove dead weight. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

We added that number 75 who keeps barfing all over the ice, received a devastating injury to our 2RW who was going to break out in a big way, and decided to replace him with Olofsson, a guy we were otherwise going to ship out for a 3rd round pick. We added a 90 year old Erik Johnson (who is stable but is impacting the game as much as an old bottom pair D-man can) and re-signed our most dubious forwards, and then handed out a long term contract to a guy who is still at the "grinding in the Viridian Forest for experience" stage of his career. 

That is a JOKE unless it works. It hasn't started working yet. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.