Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Second Line Center said:

How are the Flyers falling apart …. they supposedly have the greatest motivating coach of all times.  

Early on they got unexpectedly great goaltending from Ersson. He's burnt out at this point and without the goaltending they have fallen apart. Ultimately the Carter Hart situation has sunk them more than anything else. 

Really, if you also look at New Jersey's fall this year, the World Junior rape charges have had a major impact on their teams. I don't think that is a coincidence. It may not have cost seasons, but it definitely cost games, and that's enough to change a team's fate. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2024 at 9:00 PM, FrenchConnection44 said:

Do we have anyone on the team worthy of participating in this? Would be nice to have one or two. 

If this happened with any other team other than the Rags or the Bruins the league would have it’s panties in such a twist.

I ***** hate the rangers, mostly their fans. I really hope they get knocked out of the playoffs early.

55 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Houston, Salt Lake or Portland ?

SLC. 

Ryan Smith, the owner of the Utah who Bettman wants as an owner tweeted this AM before the statement was released, what should the NHL Team in Utah be called . 

Smith is the NHL’s Plan B

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

SLC. 

Ryan Smith, the owner of the Utah who Bettman wants as an owner tweeted this AM before the statement was released, what should the NHL Team in Utah be called . 

Best plan for no name change. Utah 'yotes has a ring to it. 

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

SLC. 

Have your say on name: this is the link sent out looking for suggestions

https://jazz.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_djaFsGlxoTRLlHM

Edited by steveoath

3 hours ago, nucci said:

It's not being built in Scottsdale so why does he have a say?

Your instinct was correct and he has no say. The Mayor of Scottsdale is complaining about the land being close to downtown Scottsdale, but it's Phoenix land, and the land development plan that the Coyotes got approved by the city council has nothing at all to do with Scottsdale.

Even the submitted arena proposal shows the water infrastructure will be coming from Phoenix.

Any press is good press for the Mayor, I guess.  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Your instinct was correct and he has no say. The Mayor of Scottsdale is complaining about the land being close to downtown Scottsdale, but it's Phoenix land, and the land development plan that the Coyotes got approved by the city council has nothing at all to do with Scottsdale.

Even the submitted arena proposal shows the water infrastructure will be coming from Phoenix.

Any press is good press for the Mayor, I guess.  

Yeah, he sounded like an angry ex in what I read. 

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Do we take any solace watching the Flyers meltdown? That big Russian goalie is horrible. Talk about a free fall. 

No solace whatsoever. 

Hey, at least we’re not the Flyers?  Is there any room whatsoever for that mindset?  I don’t see any.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Weave said:

No solace whatsoever. 

Hey, at least we’re not the Flyers?  Is there any room whatsoever for that mindset?  I don’t see any.

The only reason I mentioned it is because we've had this recent fire Granato and look at how Torts got so much more from less so we need a hard ass coach discussions. I was on that ship but it too is sinking. idk if Torts lost the room there but it made me think that maybe in this day and age these kids would just quit on a hard ass and we'd be no better off. 

Flyers have other issues so maybe Torts isn't the problem there. idk enough about them really. Looking at how bad Fedotov is though it also did make me wonder just how bad would we have been this year if UPL hadn't filled that void and played the way he did? We might be bottom 5. 

On 4/6/2024 at 10:51 PM, OverPowerYou said:

So let me get this straight - since we have more wins than all of the teams we are chasing, if we win all 5 games and finish at 89 points and all of the other teams somehow finish at 89 points we will have the tie breaker over every team at 89 points and make it?  

Well we don't have to worry about that anymore.

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I think there is a lot of pressure from the NHLPA with Mullet Arena not being up to par. 

This would be interesting 

What would Terry get for the Sabres?