Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

And the greatest coach ever to scream at his players flames out at the end. The flyers end up with 87 points. The greatest coach ever gets three more points out of his team than the worst franchise in all of professional sports. 🙄

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

And the greatest coach ever to scream at his players flames out at the end. The flyers end up with 87 points. The greatest coach ever gets three more points out of his team than the worst franchise in all of professional sports. 🙄

Pulled his goalie when the Wings were tied.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

On 4/15/2024 at 9:13 PM, Stads said:

Eat fecal matter Detroit! I might be jealous and hope we could've beat the Habs in a 3 on 3 to save our playoff chances, but still go pound salt

I'll admit I was pulling for the Wings to tie it up; that was exciting.  And they got the win.  And they missed the playoffs too.  It all worked out.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

^ ***** the Wings, Flyers, and Penguins!

Well, I lived in Detroit for a while, and that was after being detached from the NHL for about a decade of my life; the Wings got me back into hockey.  My wife is still a fan.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Ristolainen 12  years no playoffs 

The question among Philly fans is where is he and what's wrong with him? Nobody seems to know. 

To all the people who said Kane would suck if we signed him, 47 pts. in 49 games or something like that so I guess his hip is okay. 

I got the first round match ups I wanted. Hate the Leafs always, Bruins are my B team, can't ask for more than that. Florida should also be a total war. Going to be some good hockey. 

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I'll admit I was pulling for the Wings to tie it up; that was exciting.  And they got the win.  And they missed the playoffs too.  It all worked out.

Get out of here with your logic reasoning! Me mad so let me be mad!

Picture this when reading the second sentence:

game show television GIF

4 hours ago, SDS said:

You are evading the point that Flyers were not expected to be any good. Sabres were. 

The 3 teams that were expected to challenge for the playoffs were Buffalo, Ottawa and Detroit. They all failed but Detroit almost got there and did improve to jump over Buffalo.

Flyers, were expected to be in the Cellebrini sweepstakes with San Jose and Anaheim. 

So the Flyers finishing ahead of Buffalo screams to Buffalo's failure. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You are evading the point that Flyers were not expected to be any good. Sabres were. 

The 3 teams that were expected to challenge for the playoffs were Buffalo, Ottawa and Detroit. They all failed but Detroit almost got there and did improve to jump over Buffalo.

Flyers, were expected to be in the Cellebrini sweepstakes with San Jose and Anaheim. 

So the Flyers finishing ahead of Buffalo screams to Buffalo's failure. 

doesn't matter, torts is a tart.

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

The question among Philly fans is where is he and what's wrong with him? Nobody seems to know. 

To all the people who said Kane would suck if we signed him, 47 pts. in 49 games or something like that so I guess his hip is okay. 

I got the first round match ups I wanted. Hate the Leafs always, Bruins are my B team, can't ask for more than that. Florida should also be a total war. Going to be some good hockey. 

I just thought he was scratched didn't know about that hopefully he's all right

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Bruins are my second most hated team, but I’ll be rooting for them to sweep my first most hated team in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

What are the playoff matchups right now? Playoffs start Saturday right? I’m hoping for some mid afternoon games to watch 

2 good ones in the east, one ok, one notable stinker