Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Odd time of the season to do it so there must have been a major disagreement on how to proceed.

I don’t disagree with the firing at all just find the time of the season a little odd.

I wonder how much more there is to the Jiricek situation as well.  Definitely something significant.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, LTS said:

I wonder how much more there is to the Jiricek situation as well.  Definitely something significant.

That whole thing is so screwed up when you hear more about it. He’s told to get a place in Columbus and then quickly after is sent to the AHL. I don’t blame the kid for being pissed. 

Edited by shrader

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

He would be the exact type of guy to staple to Power long term.

The contract is long but with his skating and brains I don’t see him as a guy that falls off a cliff. 

In my mind their biggest need is a top end RHD to pair with Power long term and help him along.

Dylan DeMelo would be a perfect fit for Power or Dahlin. Plays first pairing minutes, has a high hockey IQ and is great in his own zone.

I have no idea why Chevy hasn't extended him yet.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, SwampD said:

Crosby is awesome. Gentzel was getting work over by a D man so he went over and kneed him in the nuts.

I think our only chance tomorrow is a back up goalie and the 2nd of a back to back.

Dude rules 

• Like (+1) 1

KA and the concept of blocking. Its the most ridiculous thing in sports. Teach these kids to earn their spot like literally every other team in sports. I can’t stand this b.s. 

Edited by bunomatic
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, bunomatic said:

KA and the concept of blocking. Its the most ridiculous thing in sports. Teach these kids to earn their spot like literally every other team in sports. I can’t stand this b.s. 

It's so prevalent, he's ended up with an AHL-level goalie on the NHL roster (and not strictly because of injuries) every single season he's been GM. This includes post- eye injury Hutton who was no longer NHL caliber at the time.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Kings beat the Bruins today in or, so maybe our 7-0 win was a good win or something 

Kings played much better in this one and beat the Bruins down low and in front. Having said that though, the Bruins are not playing well and look ready to keep falling. 

Meanwhile, Scott Laughton to Buffalo rumours flying again. Not sure how I feel about that. He'd fit the 3C role but I don't know enough about him. Torts doesn't seem to like him so I'd have to wonder why?

38 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Kings played much better in this one and beat the Bruins down low and in front. Having said that though, the Bruins are not playing well and look ready to keep falling. 

Meanwhile, Scott Laughton to Buffalo rumours flying again. Not sure how I feel about that. He'd fit the 3C role but I don't know enough about him. Torts doesn't seem to like him so I'd have to wonder why?

If Torts doesn’t like him something tells me you and I won’t like him either. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

If Torts doesn’t like him something tells me you and I won’t like him either. 

This is it right? Torts did a deep evaluation on that team last year and Laughton was one of the guys on the block but no deal worth taking apparently. idk the guy really but Flyers fans tell me his work ethic and consistency is somewhat lacking and so that would explain it and would also make me think we should NOT trade for him.

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well he plays both powerplay and powerkill, so some trust Torts have in him. And with an "A" on his chest he has been the only player on the team with a letter until like yesterday, in a team that has played much better than expected, so I guess he has to be a decent leader also. And PP, PK and leadership are three main things I believe Buffalo is scouting for. Other than that I do not know, I have not watched Flyers play at all.

But I do not think bringing in a veteran from a team in a playoff spot to a team losing is a good idéa. I can not see anyone be motivated then. As a offseason deal I could see Laughton moving.