GDT: Sabres @ Blue Jackets - October 4, 2023 - 7:00PM, Sabres.com📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Huh?  I can understand missing some games to rest him, but they signed him expected him to be hurt for a 1/3 of the season or more?

I didn't say they expected him to be hurt.  I don't think anyone does.

He will play 50 to 55 games and rest for the rest.  That's my expectation and I think that is what the Sabres are planning for.

Just now, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I didn't say they expected him to be hurt.  I don't think anyone does.

He will play 50 to 55 games and rest for the rest.  That's my expectation and I think that is what the Sabres are planning for.

I disagree. Who is filling that void for the other 30 games?   AHL talent Spillman, Bryson & Clague?

…and EJ’s rest days don’t even factor in injuries to any of the other top 6, which then puts 2 of the 3 listed above into your lineup. 

I disagree. Who is filling that void for the other 30 games?   AHL talent Spillman, Bryson & Clague?

…and EJ’s rest days don’t even factor in injuries to any of the other top 6, which then puts 2 of the 3 listed above into your lineup. 

The D overall will be fine.  The first callup is RJ.

I think that KA has something else up his sleeve too.

This is why I have asked why did KA traded his only RHD depth D in Lyubushkin.  It's not like we are cap-strapped and need to save cap for the one season left on his deal.  The excuse of letting a vet go where he'll play every day doesn't wash.  He was one injury from playing every day for a contender.  

13 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I think I read that Lyubushkin wanted more mins and have a more important role on the blue line. KA wasn’t gonna give him that in Buffalo. Maybe I’m wrong.

Correct.  Contract year for him.  No opportunity to even play regularly here. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Correct.  Contract year for him.  No opportunity to even play regularly here. 

Then why are posters ignoring that fact? Why do they make it seem like KA is the bad guy by not keeping Boosh? Whipping boy syndrome? Can do no right-itis? Ignorance is bliss-asteria? Why i ask, whyyyyyy? 😂

12 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Then why are posters ignoring that fact? Why do they make it seem like KA is the bad guy by not keeping Boosh? Whipping boy syndrome? Can do no right-itis? Ignorance is bliss-asteria? Why i ask, whyyyyyy? 😂

I mean, alot of it is coming from the same guy who was all “not Josh Bloom!  No!”.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This is why I have asked why did KA traded his only RHD depth D in Lyubushkin.  It's not like we are cap-strapped and need to save cap for the one season left on his deal.  The excuse of letting a vet go where he'll play every day doesn't wash.  He was one injury from playing every day for a contender.  

As far as the right or left hand issue, I don't particular care. After watching Ryan Johnson play in preseason it is apparent that we have a good player waiting in the wings to move up. The trading of Lyubush was the right thing for the player and for the team. To be honest, I thought he was a solid pickup when he was added. In general, he was a disappointment. There is nothing to fret about in the moving of the Russian. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.