Alex Galchenyuk: "I'll end your bloodline"

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to Alex Galchenyuk: "I'll end your bloodline"
7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If you're talking about alcohol I will disagree with you other stuff you are correct..

Alcohol abuse can also be very damaging.  Within certain parameters meters it’s more socially acceptable than most other drugs, but that doesn’t really change the results.

• Like (+1) 3

If he honestly said that, he might be one of the most unusual drunks around; a combative yet strangely "fancy" drunk. (Who the hell says bloodline nowadays in that way lol) Utterly despicable however as funny as it might be indirectly. I'd certainly guess he can kiss his career in North America good bye.

On 7/14/2023 at 5:30 PM, Buffalonill said:

I just don't understand how athletes can be this stupid God gives you special talents  you get to do the thing that you love for millions 

Oh I totally get it.  From the time it is discovered that they have a special level of talent, people pave their way to do whatever the hell they want, then smooth things out in their wake.

A friend of my son's was beat up by one of the players on the middle school football team.  My son's friend was suspended under "no tolerance" but the football player wasn't penalized and didn't miss any games.  If you have talent you're told over and over that you can do no wrong and some athletes push the boundaries of that too far.

As an alternate view, my teacher wife wouldn't squeeze out enough points to the kicker on the HS football team.  The coach and even the principal pressured her to inflate the grades so he could play (Texas has a no pass/no play policy statewide).  She stood her ground.  Two years later when he graduated, he came and told her it was the best thing that happened to him; up until then he thought his ***** didn't stink, but that really opened his eyes.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Oh I totally get it.  From the time it is discovered that they have a special level of talent, people pave their way to do whatever the hell they want, then smooth things out in their wake.

A friend of my son's was beat up by one of the players on the middle school football team.  My son's friend was suspended under "no tolerance" but the football player wasn't penalized and didn't miss any games.  If you have talent you're told over and over that you can do no wrong and some athletes push the boundaries of that too far.

As an alternate view, my teacher wife wouldn't squeeze out enough points to the kicker on the HS football team.  The coach and even the principal pressured her to inflate the grades so he could play (Texas has a no pass/no play policy statewide).  She stood her ground.  Two years later when he graduated, he came and told her it was the best thing that happened to him; up until then he thought his ***** didn't stink, but that really opened his eyes.

Although he seems like a real turd, I feel for Alex a lot.  His family seemingly has made things really hard for him, with his Dad always in his ear his entire life twisting up his mind.  Always undermining his coaches, focusing on Alex way above the team, and seemingly being verbally and psychologically abusive.  I have no doubt that Alex has a lot of mental health issues stemming from his family life and it seems like he has become pretty self destructive as a result.

I don’t like the guy but I do feel sorry for him because it doesn’t seem like he ever had much of a chance.  He is still young in life.  A lot of time for him to find happiness and peace.  I hope he gets there.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.