2023 Free Agent Frenzy (Non-Sabres)

Eleven

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

2023 arbitration list.
Swayman is on it, so there goes an RFA signing.
His case will be interesting because his numbers were great in 37 games (24-6-4, 2.27, .920). GAA tied for 5th in the league, and save percentage tied for fourth.  I wonder if an award could cause the Bruins to walk away?

IMG_2208.jpeg

I wonder if the Leafs walk away from Samsonov. Big year, $8 million over the cap already.

18 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I wonder if the Leafs walk away from Samsonov. Big year, $8 million over the cap already.

I would jump all over that signing of he became available.  A very good 1A/1B to pair with Levi imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I've seen some speculation that he will remain with the Leafs and that they may in turn try to buy out Murray.

Murray nixing that trade to Buffalo may be one of the best hings to happen to the Sabres, lol.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Don’t most of the arbitration cases get settled at the 11th hour?

Maybe some teams are so tight to the cap that they can’t sign guys.
The Leafs are also close to 10% over the cap limit allowed during the summer or does LTIR help there?

Capfriendly’s FAQ suggests you can exceed the 10% via LTIR.

6 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Laughs add Reaves...Bruins add Lucic and niw Sens add MacEwan. Looks like good hockey is back! Wonder where that leaves us?

Probably leaves us hemming these slow fourth liners in their own zone for Sabres scoring chances. 

But I bet they push people really hard after the whistle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

It's not like he was gonna be the starter they were gonna send him to Rochester. .

The deal was basically just to get the seventh overall and move up.

No, I really really don’t think so.  Murray was going to occupy the role that Comrie ended up taking.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Curt said:

No, I really really don’t think so.  Murray was going to occupy the role that Comrie ended up taking.

The main goal was to get the 7th overall.

Maybe you're right they wanted him to be the "comrie" but in my opinion? I think they Were Just gonna put him in Rochester At the reduced salary.

and still sign comrie regardless. 

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Maybe, but who are they going to play in net?   

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Murray and Joseph Woll 

Reportedly (just from the apple news feed on my phone), they are trying like crazy to get rid of Murray.  Oh well.  So sorry, leaves.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Reportedly (just from the apple news feed on my phone), they are trying like crazy to get rid of Murray.  Oh well.  So sorry, leaves.

That would be awesome if Arizona and Chicago refused to take Murray. Teams should make them pay dearly to take that guy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.