2023 Free Agent Frenzy (Non-Sabres)

Eleven

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

By your logic, it's a great move if the Sabres don't get Pesce or Hellebyuck but instead blow $5M on Gibson or $7M on Toews.  It doesn't matter if money is spent wisely, as long as it's spent, it seems.  Some of Yzerman's moves yesterday were just plain stupid unless he's just trying to get to the cap floor (which isn't the case).

I don't see how you draw that conclusion from what I said because it's not even close to true. 

First, I think you underestimate Compher's value. he makes that team significantly better. Some of their other moves are flippable assets or stop gaps. We will see what the final roster looks like come opening day. 

I don't know how Gibson and Toews get into this so no comment on that. 

23 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't see how you draw that conclusion from what I said because it's not even close to true. 

Reread what you wrote.  If the Sabres don't spend, it's going into Terry's private jet (which doesn't exist).  And you're praising foolish spending by Yzerman.  So, using a simple formula, 1 + 1 = 2.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Reread what you wrote.  If the Sabres don't spend, it's going into Terry's private jet (which doesn't exist).  And you're praising foolish spending by Yzerman.  So, using a simple formula, 1 + 1 = 2.

I wasn't "praising" foolish spending I just said AS A FAN I want my team to use every dollar of their cap space every year. Yzerman has money to burn so he adds temporary assets and then flips them. Ends up with a wealth of draft picks. I can't find the fault in that and don't see why you do. 

28 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Sens, NSH, Seattle and Buffalo?

Buffalo doesn’t have a need for Nylander, but the other three I definitely could see taking a swing, especially Nashville 

9 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Analytically, Klingberg, Domi, and Bertuzzi aren't exactly defensive stalwarts 

Bertuzzi is the best of all three, one step forward, two back I guess 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.