2023 Buffalo Sabres Development Camp at HarborCenter. July 2 thru July 6.

Zamboni

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

The guy I hope does really well this week is Leinonen. For his and all ours sake.

56 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I was feeling the same way.

Adams says he is recovering from a stress factor in his foot and probably won’t be on the ice.

I already consider Ratzlaff a better prospect. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why trade him at this point unless we are getting an upgrade elsewhere in the roster (goalie?) or for an offer KA can't refuse?

Our roster currently stands at 3G, 90D, and 12F.  Move Bryson and your back to the 23 contract limit.  The team has nearly 6 million in cap space. If Bryson is traded, that number jumps to nearly 8 million.  There is literally no pressure to trade VO. 

I also think we are forgetting that VO was one of our best forwards in the second half of 2021/22.  

PS: I'd also move UPL or Comrie to make room for a 13th forward.  

90 Defenseman, damn KA really improved the depth! 

I’m kidding of course, I have 90:typos per post 

• Haha (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Benson played just as late as Savoie.

Not quite. Savoie went to Rochester after the ICE got knocked out.

But I think the more important thing was Savoie has been to a development camp, Benson never has.

Related, Benson and Ryan Johnson were the only 1st-rounders on the ice today and Kisakov and this year’s pair were the only 2nd rounders.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Savoie is there...look at last vid he is no 45... friend posted a shot of him on facebook who attended yesterday..

14 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Same last name, different player. 

Yeah that's Nic Savoie.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

These videos are great. Man, wish I were up there to watch. 

Seems like Benson has a bit of that Skinner-esque 10-2 skating style. Strong on his edges, probably helps him when working around the net. I like it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NAF said:

Seems like Benson has a bit of that Skinner-esque 10-2 skating style. Strong on his edges, probably helps him when working around the net. I like it.

Yeah, I see it too after you pointed it out. That's really cool, I love Skinner's skating.

Nice to see Johnson taking a bit of a leadership role at Dev camp.

I think people convinced themselves he was walking and tried to forget or  minimize his worth as a prospect.

He’s still 21 until later this summer, but he has 4 years of college under his belt and is an NHL skater who can extinguish plays and transition pucks. They list him at 6’1” 190 so it sounds like he’s done some filling out.

I don’t expect his transition to take too long and he could be a nice complementary player

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Nice to see Johnson taking a bit of a leadership role at Dev camp.

I think people convinced themselves he was walking and tried to forget or  minimize his worth as a prospect.

He’s still 21 until later this summer, but he has 4 years of college under his belt and is an NHL skater who can extinguish plays and transition pucks. The list him at 6’1” 190 so it sounds like he’s done some filling out.

I don’t expect his transition to take too long and he could be a nice complementary player

You can tell his maturity level is that of a four year NCAA guy and not an 18 year old. He spoke well during his interview and didn’t just provide hockey clichés.

Seth Appert made a comment on how there is a huge weight off his shoulders now that he has signed. He wants to be in Buffalo. This kid was months away from choosing any team in the NHL and he decided to sign with the Sabres. KA must be pretty pleased with that.

His upside is probably 4-5 D but that is great if it is homegrown.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.