2023 Buffalo Sabres Development Camp at HarborCenter. July 2 thru July 6.

Zamboni

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Nice to see Johnson taking a bit of a leadership role at Dev camp.

I think people convinced themselves he was walking and tried to forget or  minimize his worth as a prospect.

He’s still 21 until later this summer, but he has 4 years of college under his belt and is an NHL skater who can extinguish plays and transition pucks. The list him at 6’1” 190 so it sounds like he’s done some filling out.

I don’t expect his transition to take too long and he could be a nice complementary player

In Lance Lysowski’s article today, he talked about how important it was for him to graduate from College and how much work he had to do make it happen. He is really close with Nathan Paetsch and sent him pictures for the graduation. I imagine that’s why he didn’t sign right away as he was burnt out from a long hockey season and then catching up on school work. 

I also heard that Novikov moves very well for a big guy. 

Adams also mentioned that the Russians will be staying in WNY to train for awhile this summer. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

In Lance Lysowski’s article today, he talked about how important it was for him to graduate from College and how much work he had to do make it happen. He is really close with Nathan Paetsch and sent him pictures for the graduation. I imagine that’s why he didn’t sign right away as he was burnt out from a long hockey season and then catching up on school work. . 

The other bits that grabbed me were that the Golden Gophers had the best defence in college hockey and he was on the first pair and a key penalty killer. He also went to the Frozen Four two years in a row.

These are things I think were overlooked as people called him a meh prospect while they were afraid he was walking.

Im happy to have him in the system now, and Novikov and Strbak with him as guys that you can project as having an NHL chance.

We don’t need 1st pairing guys coming up, just guys who belong.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, Brawndo said:

In Lance Lysowski’s article today, he talked about how important it was for him to graduate from College and how much work he had to do make it happen. He is really close with Nathan Paetsch and sent him pictures for the graduation. I imagine that’s why he didn’t sign right away as he was burnt out from a long hockey season and then catching up on school work. 

I also heard that Novikov moves very well for a big guy. 

Adams also mentioned that the Russians will be staying in WNY to train for awhile this summer. 

I’ve alluded to this several times. Different things are important to people.

As for the Russians, and I hope this isn’t too political, they may want to wait as long as possible to see how things play out back home.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, tom webster said:

As for the Russians, and I hope this isn’t too political, they may want to wait as long as possible to see how things play out back home.

I'd hope that Novikov, Kisakov, and Neuchen all stay up in Buffalo and maybe Lyubushkin can come down and hangout for a bit. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, tom webster said:

A family member is billeting a Russian kid for junior hockey. He had visa issues last year and missed most of the season. He is spending the summer here this time around.

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Where's the thread? Who are the GMs? As far as I've seen the pick is as universally beloved by sabres fans as is possible on the internet 

This is the strangest hill I've ever seen anyone want to die on. 

Who are the gms: Montreal, Arizona, Washington, Detroit, and St. Louis all doubted him. 

Pronman does, that's been quoted in multiple threads. 

You can go through the Benson thread or the nhl draft thread for ppl questioning Benson. You can check out Twitter after the pick or go listen the wgr callers.

I didn't say everybody and you clearly wanna fight over such an innocuous statement. Ppl doubt Benson, I don't. 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This is the strangest hill I've ever seen anyone want to die on. 

Who are the gms: Montreal, Arizona, Washington, Detroit, and St. Louis all doubted him. 

Pronman does, that's been quoted in multiple threads. 

You can go through the Benson thread or the nhl draft thread for ppl questioning Benson. You can check out Twitter after the pick or go listen the wgr callers.

I didn't say everybody and you clearly wanna fight over such an innocuous statement. Ppl doubt Benson, I don't. 

I'm not challenging you lol, I just legitimately had seen nothing but people being impressed by the kid

I don't think GMs preferring their guy to Benson means they don't like Benson

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm not challenging you lol, I just legitimately had seen nothing but people being impressed by the kid

I don't think GMs preferring their guy to Benson means they don't like Benson

You can challenge, I'm just not sure how you haven't seen the questions about Benson. Tone sucks in message boards so hope you don't think I'm upset or something. 

I think Benson falling in the draft considering who those 5 teams picked, means exactly that they didn't like Benson. You don't take Nate Danielson if you don't question Benson for example. 

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You can challenge, I'm just not sure how you haven't seen the questions about Benson. Tone sucks in message boards so hope you don't think I'm upset or something. 

I think Benson falling in the draft considering who those 5 teams picked, means exactly that they didn't like Benson. You don't take Nate Danielson if you don't question Benson for example. 

I’ll be honest and say I’m in his camp that this is news to me. I’ve heard very little as far as people from Buffalo doubting the pick. Admittedly, I think they drafted well so it’s possible I’m suffering confirmation bias. 

It could also simply be that it’s the summer and I just spent a weekend building a greenhouse. I’m not following hockey as closely as I do when the season is ongoing.

Nikita Novikov is the prospect I am most interested in this season. He has almost 100 KHL games under his belt, isn't 20 until July 25th and is a beast of a kid at 6'4" 195lbs already. I am curious to see if there is more offense hidden there and what he looks like in the AHL, a league that is probably a step below the KHL in skill. 

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Nikita Novikov is the prospect I am most interested in this season. He has almost 100 KHL games under his belt, isn't 20 until July 25th and is a beast of a kid at 6'4" 195lbs already. I am curious to see if there is more offense hidden there and what he looks like in the AHL, a league that is probably a step below the KHL in skill. 

Moscow Mule.

Neuchev intrigues me, I think he will surprise people and end up better than Kisakov.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.