Sabres 2023-24 Schedule Release

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You have to be kidding.  

There might be correlation, but there can't be cause-and-effect.  I don't think people aren't watching second-round NHL playoff games because they're concentrating on a Pittsburgh Pirates series against the Cincinnati Reds in early May.

Not kidding Mr 11.  In the US, this past SC was one of the least viewed in years.   The average was close to 10,000,000 less viewers per game than the NBA championship series.  

Compare the NHL TV ratings to the championship series in the NBA, or the MLB World Series, or the NFL playoffs -  the SC playoffs is not even close.  

Lots of hockey fans in the US switch to other sports once their NHL team is eliminated.   This has long been a trend.  MLB is a big factor, so is the competition from the NBA, and so is golf.  

We are all diehard hockey nuts.  We even follow the NHL draft.  Most fans do not.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Not kidding Mr 11.  In the US, this past SC was one of the least viewed in years.   The average was close to 10,000,000 less viewers per game than the NBA championship series.  

Compare the NHL TV ratings to the championship series in the NBA, or the MLB World Series, or the NFL playoffs -  the SC playoffs is not even close.  

Lots of hockey fans in the US switch to other sports once their NHL team is eliminated.   This has long been a trend.  MLB is a big factor, so is the competition from the NBA, and so is golf.  

We are all diehard hockey nuts.  We even follow the NHL draft.  Most fans do not.  

All that can be true without MLB early-season games being the reason why.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Eleven said:

That 6:45 start in October is part of a night where all 32 teams are playing with start times staggered 15 minutes apart.

On a Tuesday night in October?  What's so special about that day?  It's about 3 weeks after Canadian Thanksgiving and about 4 weeks ahead of US Thanksgiving.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

One interesting trip, Thanksgiving weekend.
Sabres at Devils Saturday night
Bills at Eagles Sunday
Sabres at Rangers Monday night.

Except for having to watch a football game as a visiting fan in Philly

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

September 30 - Columbus at Sabres (preseason)

October 1 - Miami at Bills

Yeah, and that Bills vs. Commanders and Sabres/Caps pre-season weekend too. 

I just can't count the pre-season games, even though it's technically correct. I mean, would you roadtrip for a pre-season game? Not me. 

7 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

September 30 - Columbus at Sabres (preseason)

October 1 - Miami at Bills

That's gonna be like $405/person for just the tickets to the games.  $5 for the Sabres preseason game.

On 6/27/2023 at 7:02 PM, Eleven said:

All that can be true without MLB early-season games being the reason why.

It’s true in New Jersey. If I go to a sports bar, I have to ask them to put the SC games on. Sometimes it’s not even the Mets or Yankees on.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

It’s true in New Jersey. If I go to a sports bar, I have to ask them to put the SC games on. Sometimes it’s not even the Mets or Yankees on.

You're going to the wrong sort of sports bar.  I know the type.  Lots of old men putting salt in their beer, a woman with a lot of lipstick who seems to be way too conversational, maybe a guy from Pennsylvania sitting on a stool outside, with a baloney sandwich and a cigar, selling pretzels.  Horse racing forms.  

You need to modernize.  Come to Sidelines, right, @LGR4GM?

48 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You're going to the wrong sort of sports bar.  I know the type.  Lots of old men putting salt in their beer, a woman with a lot of lipstick who seems to be way too conversational, maybe a guy from Pennsylvania sitting on a stool outside, with a baloney sandwich and a cigar, selling pretzels.  Horse racing forms.  

You need to modernize.  Come to Sidelines, right, @LGR4GM?

Balomey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.