Around the NHL 2023 Summer Edition

Brawndo

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't see Karlsson ending up there but you never know. 

If I'm the Leafs I look at sending Nylander to San Jose in some complex deal involving some retention, but then again I said they should trade Nylander the FIRST time he held them hostage. 

Not a chance San Jose goes for it. They aren’t going to compete this year, and Nylander has 1 year left on this contract. Trading Karlsson for Nylander would be a waste for SJ.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/1/2023 at 3:37 PM, Brawndo said:

Going with a 2 forward, 3 D one goalie deployment next season will be interesting 

I cannot make heads or tales of Carolina wanting to bring in that animatronic warm bottle of beer again. He got dirt on somebody there?

Edited by HumanSlinky39

5 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

I cannot make heads or tales of Carolina wanting to bring in that animatronic warm bottle of beer again. He got dirt on somebody there?

I’m confused as to why they’re going crazy improving what was already the strongest part of their roster and not finding the goa scoring they so badly need. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

I believe he played pretty well during his year in Carolina, better than for his other teams. 

He was decent, but Carolina play a system that is great for defensemen. I just don't see how he's worth all the baggage that comes with him. He speared somebody (even if it was a turd like Corey Perry) in the balls in plain sight this season for Christ's sake. The guy is a mess.

Edited by HumanSlinky39

The Leafs are $8 million over the cap and Samsonov just filed for arbitration. He signed a 1 year $1.8 show me deal and he showed them. He had a 2.33 gaa and a .919 sv%. What do they do if he is awarded $4-5 million? Go $12 million over the cap?

Edited by Flashsabre

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

The Leafs are $8 million over the cap and Samsonov just filed for arbitration. He signed a 1 year $1.8 show me deal and he showed them. He had a 2.33 gaa and a .919 sv%. What do they do if he is awarded $4-5 million? Go $12 million over the cap?

It's not as dire as it looks for them. Morgan Reilly ($7.5M) and Matt Murray ($4,687,500) are bound for LTIR. Samsonov will necessitate further cap gymnastics, though. There's long been rumors about them moving Willy Nylander. We'll see on that.

Edited by HumanSlinky39

4 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

It's not as dire as it looks for them. Morgan Reilly ($7.5M) and Matt Murray ($4,687,500) are bound for LTIR. Samsonov will necessitate further cap gymnastics, though. There's long been rumors about them moving Willy Nylander. We'll see on that.

Well sure, they want to move Nylander.  But you need a patsy, err a partner to make that happen.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Why is Morgan Reilly going on LTIR? And regardless, a team has to be cap compliant to start the season BEFORE anyone can go on LTIR

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Why is Morgan Reilly going on LTIR? And regardless, a team has to be cap compliant to start the season BEFORE anyone can go on LTIR

Again, technically true.  But TB and Vegas the past 2 years seem to show that to be a fallacy.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Matt Murray ($4,687,500) are bound for LTIR.

Murray came off LTIR at the end of last season and was considered healthy enough to be a rostered player. If he goes on LTIR again, the league may actually investigate that one because there's no reason (other than it's Murray) for him to be on LTIR.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Uhhh... who wants to tell them what their podium kinda looks like?

20230707_145538.thumb.jpg.577100b7d4dd4f5358e3e4d720cd0cf9.jpg

I'm glad it took me about 5 minutes staring at that before I figured it out.

54 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Uhhh... who wants to tell them what their podium kinda looks like?

20230707_145538.thumb.jpg.577100b7d4dd4f5358e3e4d720cd0cf9.jpg

53 minutes ago, LTS said:

I'm glad it took me about 5 minutes staring at that before I figured it out.

I didn't even need to look at Liger's question.  As soon as I saw the photo, I thought "Nazi."  Which is too bad, because it's really just stripes.

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I know we used to be higher...11th doesn’t seem so bad after 12 years of stacked futility C4BA6C76-5672-49DF-A10B-DCB495A0386C.thumb.jpeg.54d296028e4a5f3b060a295d4e10659a.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I remember the Sabres being 4th when I started discovering the beautiful world of sports statistics 

4th not too long ago...whatever year it was that I took my dad to the HOF.  I think that was around 2012.

• Like (+1) 1